“Clean. Comfortable. No frills. Close to park entrance.” 5 of 5 stars

Scottish Inn Front Royal
533 South Royal Ave, Front Royal, VA 22630   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Front Royal
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean. Comfortable. No frills. Close to park entrance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Great sleep. Highspeed internet. No frills, and I enjoyed the retro furnishings.
Terrific value. Just a few minutes from Shenandoah National Park. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Too many section 8 people live there. I stayed here and there was noise outside. Me being an investigator I ask questions I do not assume anything. So I asked the 21 year old. I said hey brother you on vacation or you live here. He was a white kid and he said I live here and I lived here all my life. He was a nice guy but made a lot of noise. There were several others there that also made a lot of noise. The price was 45 Bucks it was cheap and 5 bucks more for my dog. It was REALLY close to the start of the drive. Coming into town I needed directions. A local gave them to me and advised that was not a good part of town. Being a retired cop I do not scare at all. But the damm noise, the locals told me to stay at the Quality inn and spent 80 bucks a night instead of 45. The section 8 people were yelling back and forth to others on the porch at night. At midnight it did get quiet, but I like to sleep earlier than that.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

50 bucks, not bad at all. Room very basic. Clean little fridge and microwave. Room didn't stink. No apparent odor-masking scents, but a little stuffy until we hit the AC. Carpet not something you wouldn't put your feet on. Shower/tub floor could have used a bleach job to whiten up. Stayed on second floor. Always stay on top floor rooms at any motel when possible to avoid people pacing about overhead at all times of day or night. Motel about a mile from Skyline Drive entrance. Only negative we had was my wife was awakened by truck traffic in the am. I slept through it. City folks may not notice this. We live in the sticks so are not used to much noise. We were there for a Friday am and Saturday am and it seemed to have this traffic on the weekday and not the weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Zeeland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We really just needed a place to bunk down for the night before heading up onto Skyline Drive. It was clean, but spartan. The bathroom needed a little updating, but everything appeared to have a fresh coat of paint on it. Air conditioner worked fine. Bed was OK. Seemed clean enough. I wouldn't recommend for an extended period for someone's vacation destination, but for a good nights' sleep at a fair price, it fit the bill.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

My fiance, his mom and i stayed at the Scottish Inn August 19-20. The location was great. Skyline Cavern and the entrance to Skyline Drive was only a 2 minute drive away. Shenandoah River was only about 10 miles from Front Royal. The price was great for a double room with a microwave, fridge and free cable. Gas stations and 7-11 in walking distance, along with a great diner, a frozen yogurt/burger joint, and the Village Idiot restaurant across the street. The staff was also extremely friendly... The only problems were that the beds squeaked a little, and the sink was clogged. Other than that, we had a great time and this inn was a great choice for us.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Scottish Inn Front Royal? Share your experiences!