“One of the best meals on our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
101 Hospitality Drive, Front Royal, VA 22630 (Formerly Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar)
540-631-3045
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 73 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Ohio
“One of the best meals on our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I got the burger with their asian twist on slaw and french onion soup. Best french onion soup I ever had- lots of onion, rich beef broth, good bread toasted with real parmesan! Very good value for the quality.

Visited May 2013
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
num1mnmeater,

Wow!!! What a review! We are so very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your meal with us!! We take pride in all of our beverages and foods, and love hearing such great feedback! Next time ask for our Soup of the Day! Not only do we add new twists to old recipes, but we like to change it up from time to time! Can't wait to see you again soon and thank you so much for the great review!!

Front Royal, Virginia
“Date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times in the past and as always the tortilla soup is very good. I had the Saturday drink special that was the Basil and Berry Bliss. I quite enjoyed that. For my dinner I decided to order the mussels. That I didn't care for. My wife liked it but I wouldn't order it again. It had a chipotle flavor to it and I like th traditional with garlic. She ordered the top sirloin well done with a baked potato. The potato came out a little under done and so did the steak. I mentioned it to our server and she immediately took it away. The manager showed up shortly and said he would replace her whole meal. It arrived shortly and was cooked properly. I have to say that since John the manager had left years ago that the restaurant had slid back a notch or two but I would come back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dogface1739

We would like to thank you for your review of us on TripAdvisor! We would also like to apologize that your order wasn't to your expectations this visit. We are happy to here that our manager on duty was able to correct and provide you with a much better meal. However, we aim for perfection and appreciate you letting us know where we need improvement. I have mentioned this to our Executive Chef Chad Smoot, and we will work as a team to see that these areas are met with progress. Thank you very much again from all of us here at Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar, and we can't wait to serve you in the near future!

Front Royal, Virginia
“Vegetarian respected again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Houlihan's caters to the patron. The meatless meal I requested was great, with flavor and the presentation was wonderful. Thanks to the chef for making the patron happy!

Visited May 2013
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
revstanley247,

Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar is very happy to hear that we were able to succeed with your meal! Being able to prepare entrees from scratch gives us the ability to do so! Thank you so much for the great review!!! And we can't wait to serve you again really soon!

Shannon Young,
Washington D.C.
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ate here for breakfast before we checked out of the hotel. The restaurant is nice, new and clean inside. They serve as the Holiday Inn's restaurant and the breakfast menu is from the hotel but has a nice selection. Everything was good quality and fresh. The omelets said they were 3-egg but they must have been pretty small chickens, that said they were tasty. Kid's pancakes is 2 cakes plus 2 pieces of bacon. Toast is nice whole grain bread. Service was nice but it seemed to take an awfully long time to get the food, this seemed to be an issue with the kitchen though, not the waitress. The place was not terribly crowded so I don't think they were overwhelmed.

If staying here I'd definitely eat here again just because of the convenience and it was good, but I'd make sure I had plenty of time.

thiswaythatway,

Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar wants to thank you for leaving us a review, and is happy that you enjoyed your meal. We would, however, like to apologize that your meal seemed to take longer than it should have. We have a wonderful policy of steps of service that requires all servers to announce the time of your breakfast arrival. Now pending on what you have ordered, the amount of people in your party, and the pace of business walking in the door, these times will vary. But with that said, your meals should have been within the time frame we train them to be. I am very grateful you mentioned that it was not a server error, but perhaps the kitchen staff. I will be sure to relay this message to our staff and insure that they pick up their pace accordingly! Thank you again for your visit, and we look forward to serving you even better on your next stay!

Stephens City, Virginia
“Great Food, Drinks and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a great restaurant in a small town. We come in a few times a month from the Stephens City, VA area and really love the wings, stuffed chicken breast entree and their mini desserts. They have a really good drink selection too with quite a few beers on draft. I would recommend this restaurant to both locals and the traveler passing through while golfing or staying at the Holiday Inn.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
T N,

Wow!! You nailed it! Thank you for such a great review! I couldn't agree with you more. We, as a team, aim for and want you to have a great experience with your meal! And for those who may be traveling or need a place to stay, we are attached to a wonderful Holiday Inn & Suites that will be not only convenient for you, but incredibly comfortable and home away from home! Who could pass us up? A home welcoming place to stay with home cooking meals to enjoy! Can't wait to see you!

Beverage Manager,