“Trip to Skyline Drive” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
“Trip to Skyline Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

There for only one night but it was a wonderful stay. Clean room and friendly service. The pool was nice and clean. the breakfast was amazing. The front desk was very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Green Features: loved the shower, the lights were a nice glow with the new light bulbs. Everything was recyclable. You didnt have to wait for hot water so you didnt have to wait for hot water it was right there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you come back to visit us soon; Skyline Drive is beautiful in the fall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Quality Inn was average at best.
Didn't eat in the restruarant, Thai food just seemed out of place at the quality inn.
Rooms were not well maintained
Pillows were way too soft
Didn't have a goodnight sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you didn't get a good night's sleep. The pillows that are on the beds are required by Choice Hotels International; however, they are reviewing the pillow standard and we have been assured that they are going to provide us with options that are larger and firmer. We are in the midst of a multi-year renovation. Most of the work that has already been done has been behind the scenes. The more visible renovations start this fall. While a Thai restaurant may not have been what you were expecting at a Quality Inn, Thunwa Thai offers exceptional food that has been well received by our guests and locals. I hope to see you again soon.
North East
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

First the motel is a 1950'-60's motel at which, at some point in the last ten years, some room renovations were done. I've stayed here several times mostly motivated by incentives offered to me by my Choice Hotels Rewards card. This time I checked into a room with the entire florescent light in the sink area not working and, incredibly, dirty ashtrays. Matresses are old and room not particularly clean. The three flies that kept swarming the room didn't help either. Worse, when I parked my 30K motorcycle in a large triangular space between the last parking space and the concrete foundation to which the Motel's sign is anchored I got told ( on the second day) that the manager left instructions that I couldn't park it there. It was ridiculous. There was absolutely no way my motorcycle was blocking any car or walkway or in anyway a nusiance. In fact, unless you walked over and saw that there was no painted line you couldn't tell it wasn't an actual parking space and at the same time my bike was nicely tucked away and protected from car doors and/or anyone wanting to tamper with it. The manager is either totally annal or just plain customer unfriendly. I've also stayed at the Super 8 just around the corner from this motel and it nicer and the nightly rate is 15% less. I will be staying there from hereon in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ManagerQuality, Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. It is hotel policy that we ask all of our guests to park their vehicles in actual parking spaces. I will address these issues with our hotel staff and hope that you will give us another chance.
Salina, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I was thru hiking on the Appalachian Trail and stopped here for a week break. From Tara at the front desk, Melanie at the breakfast bar, the maintenance guys, and Jessica in housekeeping, these people made me feel extremely comfortable, and at home. I was saddened when it was time to leave, because these folks kind of grew on me! I recommend this hotel anyone passing through!

• Stayed June 2014
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for naming the employees who made your stay special; I'll be able to recognize their performance at our next staff meeting. Keep in mind that the Appalachian Trail isn't the only hiking opportunity in the area. The Shenandoah National Park has many trails that can be completed in an afternoon, then it's back to the Quality Inn for a dip in the pool before dinner. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have stayed in numerous Quality Inns and this one was filthy. I nearly gagged in the stairwell walking to the 2nd floor-spider webs, dust, dirt, etc. in every corner and on stairs. Got to our non-smoking room to have it smell like smoke and have a dirty carpet. Got changed to another room with not even an "I'm sorry" from the clerk. Yes, they gave us another room, but who wants to have to lug all their stuff from one room to another? I just felt like everything was filthy after seeing the awful stairs. We will not be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that your first room and stairwell experiences did not exceed your expectations. I will be reviewing room inspections to determine where additional training is needed. I hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to show you we can do better.
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We usually stay at Hampton Inns or Holiday Inns. We were joining friends who had already booked at this hotel.

We thought the room was average, but it was very clean, bed comfortable and a great AARP price. The pool was nice and clean.

There is a dunkin donuts across the street:) breakfast at the hotel was 6-9, so we never made it.

• Stayed June 2014
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. You'll have to come again so you can try our great waffles! See you soon.
canaan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

this is an older and not expensive motel. Easy to get to off several highways. The room was clean but showed age. They have a pool but due to our time frame we could not use it, it looked clean and would have been nice but it did not open until 10 and we had to be on our way. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Very slow wifi.

Room Tip: Ok place to spend a night very close to shanan national park skyland drive