“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Norfolk, Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you’re looking for good value – this is the place. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was clean, comfortable and a good value ($80 per night). It is what you’d expect for the price so if you’re looking for a resort style setting – look elsewhere.

The staff were courteous, the room was clean and the hotel is in a very convenient location. It is close to restaurants and cafes on Main Street and within a couple of miles to the north entrance of Shenandoah Park. The room offered a safe, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and an iron and ironing board. The hotel also provides a continental breakfast (with waffles) and has a pool. I did not use the pool although plenty of other guests were enjoying it. On top of all that value, the hotel also provided a military discount.

I think this hotel offers great value for money and if I’m ever in Front Royal again, I’ll stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ManagerQuality, Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are continuing to increase guest comfort and make the stay very enjoyable. We will continue to renovate the hotel between now and early next year. So, you will have an even more enjoyable stay in your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing us. Don't forget our free signature breakfast is very unique.

Sincerely.
Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I read a number of these reviews, and was frankly concerned by some of the negative ones. I've concluded that the authors have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations. This is a motel-style hotel in a small town in rural Virginia. No, it does not have the latest Laura Ashley drapes, and is fairly predictable in its decor--but that's the point. It is a scrupulously clean place, with lovely quality sheets and pillows where you can have a great night's sleep for a really cheap price. It comes with breakfast; they will accommodate dogs; and it has an amazing Thai restaurant on the premises--that was a real surprise. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I will. The location is fantastic just on the edge of the Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I will pass you comments on to my staff and to the staff at Thunwa Thai Restaurant. From all of my staff and the restaurant's staff, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Centreville, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Not a Marriott or that type place but good for the type of motel it is. More like the "old" motels from years ago. Staff was quite friendly, both on check-in and check-out. Only real complaint is the room had an odor of smoke which might have been captured in the furniture and carpet since it was a no smoking room. Breakfast was equal to what you would get at a LaQuinta but the hours 7-9 were just too short. Overall, other than the smell in the room it was what I expected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I am sorry that you had an issue with odor in your room. I have asked my Housekeepers to check all of our rooms for odors. We can remove smoke odors chemically or with an ionizer. I do wish to clarify one issue you raised. Our breakfast starts at 6:00 AM no 7:00 AM. We run for three hours. Again, thank you for your comment.
Bladensburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

stay there for 3 night had good breakfast and nice and clean rooms. the pool was great also. I had booked a double room and decide on staying for a few more days and we got a king room and it was good no really different . but I really like there breakfast it was good had waffle that you could make your own and coffee or tea at anytime of the day or night
was great

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I am glad my staff was able to accommodate your request for a different room type and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope you come back and stay with us again.
East Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews and staying at a nice Quality Inn in Harper's Ferry, I chose to stay here in Front Royal. The price was very affordable ($85 with AAA discount) for a 1st floor room with 2 double beds and the location to the historic section and Skyline Caverns was great. We parked outside our room door so unloading was easy too. However the room smelled musty when we walked in so I thought it was due to humidity and turned on the AC. The room was small and the carpet seemed dirty, I didn't want my kids to walk on the floor barefoot. When I washed my hands, my socks got wet from the carpet- possibly from a leak from the sink. (I told the front desk when we checked out). It was too late at night to bother switching rooms so I toughed it out. Although the AC blew out cold air, it never cooled the whole room so I was too hot to sleep and there was no fan in the bathroom so when we showered in the morning it got really hot and humid in the room. I was so irritated we skipped breakfast and checked out as soon as we were ready. I would not stay here again- I will pay more money for a nicer place in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a good experience at Quality Inn Skyline Drive. Our room on the south side was shielded from US 522 traffic noise, the room was clean, and the AC worked well. Coin laundry service was available, but we didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.