We wanted to see the leaves and stay in a nice hotel and the Holiday Inn fit the bill nicely. The hotel is about 10 minutes from Skyline Drive but it sits in the middle of a golf course which is just gorgeous.
The hotel is pretty new so the carpet, wallpaper and the furnishings are all in great shape.
We got our room through Priceline for $80 and when we arrived we asked for an upgrade which we did get. We were upgraded to a suite with two queen beds and a separate sitting room....It was almost like a one bedroom apartment. The room had a half size fridge and a microwave which was really nice. The beds were really comfy and there was a big flat screen tv in the bedroom as well as the sitting room.
The only disappointment for us was the jacuzzi/pool area. The pool was really chilly and the jacuzzi wasn't working properly. When you turned the jets on, they stayed on for about 5 minutes then turned off and they wouldn't turn on again. Also, the jacuzzi was not heated as hot as it should have been. Someone else that was in the jacuzzi when we got there said they had called the front desk and were told someone was on their way to fix it, but an hour later no one had shown up. We went to the jacuzzi the next morning before we left and it still wasn't working.
Towels in the pool area and fitness center were an issue too. We got there Saturday evening and there were no towels in either area. Sunday morning we got up to work out and again, no towels in the fitness room. That was a little gross because we couldn't wipe down the equipment after we used it and obviously no one else could either. When we went to use the hot tub again there still weren't towels in the pool area. I know the hotel is relatively new but it seems like they should have figured something as simple as keeping towels stocked in the pool and gym.
There was coffee in the lobby in the morning but there wasn't breakfast, which was a little bummer. Even some fresh fruit and bagels would have been a nice touch.
One nice touch was that there was a "balcony" area outside next to the pool area. They had lounge chairs outside and you could relax and watch the golfers on the golf course which was fun.
All in all, we did enjoy our stay and would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to an award winning hotel. The Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows is the recipient of the 2013, 2012 and 2011 IHG Torchbearer Award (awarded to the Best Holiday Inn hotels) and 2010 IHG Newcomer Award (Best New Holiday Inn). Sophistication and natural beauty unite at this Front Royal, Virginia hotel. For sophisticated but affordable accommodations, look no further than the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We're situated above the award-winning Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Front Royal, VA. Our hotel's location is ideal for travelers to immerse themselves in the outdoors. You can take a leisurely drive on Skyline Drive to experience breathtaking views, enjoy a canoe trip on the beautiful Shenandoah River or explore the caverns around Front Royal. Lodging here is also convenient for business travelers visiting the Virginia Inland Port, Ferguson Enterprises, Family Dollar, Toray, American Woodmark, Axalta and other businesses in Front Royal. Our 24-hour business center, free high-speed Internet access, heated indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center are available for your use. Overlooking the beautiful mountains around Front Royal, our hotel rooms and suites offer triple-sheeted bedding, 32-inch LCD flat screen TVs with HD and HBO and refrigerators. From Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar, serving made-from-scratch cuisine three meals a day, to our 4,500 square feet of meeting space for hosting your special event, this Front Royal hotel's amenities provide a relaxing environment for our Virginia guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows Hotel Front Royal
- Holiday Inn Front Royal
- Front Royal Holiday Inn