“Great stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows to your Saves list
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
GreenLeadersGold level
Front Royal, Virginia
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The front desk was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfy and clean. There was a Houlihanns attached to the hotel so you don't have to wander out to search for food. The front desk has a little gift shop which was convenient since I forgot my eyedrops. They have a gym and pool which were nice and clean as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
cswise86,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Front Royal and then choosing to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to provide clean and comfortable rooms serviced by a friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Your review mentions almost all of these guest room and staff traits so I feel comfortable knowing that we truly met your needs and we met our goal.

I am going to share your comments with the staff and management of the Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar, the full-service chain restaurant located at our property and I am certain they will be pleased as well.

Regarding our lobby store, Choices, f you have any suggestions for items that we should carry in there please let us know. We are constantly updating our selections in there to meet the needs or our guests.

Thank you, again, for your business and we wish you safe travels!

Brent C Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Centreville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We had a room block for my wedding at Blue Ridge Shadows. My parents checked in to their “smoke-free room” and the room smelled liked an ash tray. The employees were the rudest people I have EVER met in my entire life. The bartender at Houlihanns told us, "We don’t need your service and we were going to stay open until 11, but because of you, we are closing at 10" We gave the front desk welcome bags for our guests. Only about 10 were handed out and the next morning when I went to see if any were left the lady behind the counter told me, "we normally keep the extras". I had 3 bridesmaids who were told the wrong rate for the room block when booking their room. They told us we could have a hospitality room and then the day before our wedding they told us we couldn't. Brent was extremely arrogant to both our sets of parents before we checked in on the phone and then when they went to check in he literally hid behind the counter to avoid talking to them. I am a Kindergarten teacher and my 6 year old students have more manners then the adults that work at this place. Stay at Hampton Inn, They were so unbelievable friendly!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nicole B, the entire wedding party and their guests,

I am writing to you to say that we are tremendously sorry that for the troubles, discourtesies and lack of communication from the staff and management, including myself, of the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows leading up to your group’s stay for your your wedding. I would also like to wholeheartedly apologize for not having the space available to provide you with a hospitality room for your guests. We certainly expect to provide a very high level of service and guest satisfaction and you made it very clear that you expect the same. It is evident that we fell short of those expectations on this particular weekend and your group suffered due to this shortcoming. I know that a heartfelt apology cannot correct these errors and that a wedding is supposed to be a special, celebratory time, but please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations. Our goal is to maintain the utmost in guest satisfaction levels and anything less is inexcusable. Simply put, we failed you and your family.

We will continue to be committed to providing all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We will use this shortcoming as a staff and management training opportunity as we prepare for future guests and future wedding groups. We thank you for your business and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

With sincerest apologies,
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 on holidays. The staff were great and rooms the same. The queen doubles were great for us and the restaurant houlihans being attached to the hotel made it easy for our one night stay. Our plan was to hit the skyline drive which was easily accessible from the town. Unfortunately it was closed.
Everything was great and we even used the pool and spa!

• Stayed January 2013
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
BC1123,

Thank you for the kind review of our property. We are excited that we were able to provide you with everything you needed in a hotel and we hope that you and your family had happy holidays. We hope that you found your trip to the United States to be everything you dreamed it would be.

Thank you for your business and we wish you safe travels!

Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Extremely clean facilities, super friendly and helpful staff, one of the most incredible hotel experiences have ever had. The food and service at the hotel restaurant Houlihans was also unbeatable as far as service and incredible menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
90EasyD,

The staff and management of the Holiday Inn Front Royal and Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar thank you for choosing to stay and dine with us and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I am going to post your comments for our entire staff to see as it is clear that we really impressed you on your recent visit. I am certain that the staff will be proud to see that their efforts are truly making an impact on our guests. As I was reading your review, I was especially proud because providing an incredibly clean room, serviced by friendly and knowledgeable staff is our primary goal. Thank you for sharing, with us, that we achieved this goal.
Thank you and safe travels!

Oyster Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas visiting family. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The lobby has a fireplace (not real but good enough!) The front desk staff were all very polite and eager to please.
The only negative, if you can even call it that, is the down comforters are very thin and flat so you don't get that cozy feeling. And when you are staying at a hotel during a snowy Christmas, that would have been nice!
Also, the breakfast that is supposed to start serving at 6:30 AM did not start until after 7 AM and we had to find other places to go to because we had early starts.
Other than that, I recommend this hotel. I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and that, too, was nice, but not as new and spiffy as the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room of the golf course and Blue Ridge Mountains. Get a king with two beds and use t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
GMreview4u,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. I am glad you made the decision to switch over from the Hampton Inn and I hope you were equally as glad. I have already spoken with the restaurant's General Manager regarding the breakfast hours. While this was a one time error, I cannot apologize enough for the mistake and the undue stress it caused you at such an early hour. Please contact me if there is anything else we can do for you. I want you to know that your comments, both good and bad, have been heard and I will ensure that our team is doing everything they can for all future guests to ensure that they are fully satisfied with their visits. Thank you very much for your business.

FAIRBORN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the Holiday Inn at Front Royal during our fall trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Everyone was very nice. The room was clean and very comfortable. We also enjoyed the excellent food at the adjoining restaurant. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
MARY M,

Thank you for your business at the Holiday Inn and Houlihan's Restaurant during your recent road trip. I am going to share your comments with the staff at the hotel and the restaurant and I am certain that we be pleased to hear you were satisfied with our facility. Thank you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here after an awesome dinner at the Inn at Little Washington. A quick Monday night getaway. We didn't want to spring for a room at the Inn and opted for the cheaper option. Seeing as we hit the Inn in the winter, it was very important to us that there was a hot tub / whirlpool option. Holiday Inn delivered. Love it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
leehinkle,

Thank you for making the leisurely drive up from Little Washington and staying at our facility. We appreciate that you choose to do this and we are happy to be your affordable lodging option for a lovely weekend away from home.

Brent C Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!