We stayed here over Christmas visiting family. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The lobby has a fireplace (not real but good enough!) The front desk staff were all very polite and eager to please.
The only negative, if you can even call it that, is the down comforters are very thin and flat so you don't get that cozy feeling. And when you are staying at a hotel during a snowy Christmas, that would have been nice!
Also, the breakfast that is supposed to start serving at 6:30 AM did not start until after 7 AM and we had to find other places to go to because we had early starts.
Other than that, I recommend this hotel. I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and that, too, was nice, but not as new and spiffy as the Holiday Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows Hotel
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows Hotel Front Royal
- Holiday Inn Front Royal
- Front Royal Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to an award winning hotel. The Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows is the recipient of the 2012 and 2011 IHG Torchbearer Award (among the Best Holiday Inns) and 2010 IHG Newcomer Award (among Best New Holiday Inns). Sophistication and natural beauty unite at this Front Royal, Virginia hotel. For sophisticated but affordable accommodations, look no further than the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We're situated above the award-winning Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Front Royal, VA. Our hotel's location is ideal for travelers to immerse themselves in the outdoors. You can take a leisurely drive on Skyline Drive to experience breathtaking views, enjoy a canoe trip on the beautiful Shenandoah River or explore the caverns around Front Royal. Lodging here is also convenient for business travelers visiting the Virginia Inland Port, Ferguson Enterprises, Family Dollar, Toray, American Woodmark, DuPont and other businesses in Front Royal. Our 24-hour business center, free high-speed Internet access, heated indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center are available for your use. Overlooking the beautiful mountains around Front Royal, our hotel rooms and suites offer triple-sheeted bedding, 32-inch LCD flat screen TVs with HD and HBO and refrigerators. From Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar, serving made-from-scratch cuisine three meals a day, to our 4,500 square feet of meeting space for hosting your special event, this Front Royal hotel's amenities provide a relaxing environment for our Virginia guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.