“20 years in the Army, and the worst Army hotel I've stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Belvoir
IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir
You added IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
9775 Gaillard Road, Fort Belvoir, VA   |
Dupont, Washington
“20 years in the Army, and the worst Army hotel I've stayed in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First off, my family and I are not staying in the main building but put in a hold housing apartment probably from the 50's. It is behind the old hospital that looks like something out of a Horror movie. When we got to our room, there was a closet door laying on the floor... The Internet wifi rarely works and had to call a 800 number for help since it no longer works. The microwave front cover keeps falling off as well as the cubbard door under the sink. The curtains have black mold all over them so, health concerns as well. Unfortunately this was the only room available for us since they messed up our reservations twice. The front desk said reservations always does this and we should just call the front desk for help since the reservations section are useless.

• Stayed January 2015
Shay B, General Manager at IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
By your posting it sounds like you are still in house and staying in an as yet unrenovated portion of the hotel. I would very much like to follow up on your concerns and address any issues you are experiencing. Please contact me as soon as you are able so that I may ensure the remainder of your stay exceeds your expectation.

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Berkeley Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

I have stayed here twice. The first time was in the main hotel. It was a typical hotel. It had a full size bed. The room was clean. There was free breakfast served. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. I checked in late at night and left in the morning so I did not use nor see any of the other amenities. All in all, it was a good stay.

The second time I stayed, I was surprised that I was told to go to a different building which I was given a map to find. The building appeared to be an old barrack repurposed. There were several of these buildings used as a hotel. At one time it seemed to be 2 bedrooms connected by a small bathroom which was turned into a one bedroom suite. The bedroom had a full size bed, desk, dresser and TV. The other "bedroom" was the living area with a pull out couch, chair, TV, kitchen table, small fridge and microwave. It was old but clean. There was no official lobby, just chairs for a gathering place on the 1st floor. You had to go back to the original hotel for the breakfast.

There is a free shuttle to go anywhere on base as well as free wifi with a stay at any of the hotels. All in all, the hotels were a decent place to stay. It was nice to stay inside Ft Belvoir and not have to go through the gate every time.

Room Tip: If you think you may need the services of the front desk or use any of the amenities, I would recomm...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I stay here weekly. Rooms with shared bathrooms are extremely old. While they are clean there are many things that should be addressed. I have experienced outlets with metal stuck inside, limited lighting outside, up to 4 power strips strewn around, extremely dirty baseboards, windows open and not latched, dirty bathrooms, etc. The price is right, the beds are comfortable (pillows could be improved on), and for one or two nights a week it's doable. They do offer a quick breakfast daily and a social dinner on Wednesday which is really nice.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Shay B, General Manager at IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
While I am gratified to hear the room is clean I am so sorry that you have experienced issues that I find unacceptable. I will review them with my staff and address. Because these rooms are in an unrenovated portion of the hotel we make the price incredibly affordable. Please contact me when you return as an IHG Reward Member you can be upgraded to the renovated portion of the hotel at the same price!

Been to IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!