“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Belvoir
IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir
You added IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
9775 Gaillard Road, Fort Belvoir, VA   |
Berkeley Heights
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here twice. The first time was in the main hotel. It was a typical hotel. It had a full size bed. The room was clean. There was free breakfast served. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. I checked in late at night and left in the morning so I did not use nor see any of the other amenities. All in all, it was a good stay.

The second time I stayed, I was surprised that I was told to go to a different building which I was given a map to find. The building appeared to be an old barrack repurposed. There were several of these buildings used as a hotel. At one time it seemed to be 2 bedrooms connected by a small bathroom which was turned into a one bedroom suite. The bedroom had a full size bed, desk, dresser and TV. The other "bedroom" was the living area with a pull out couch, chair, TV, kitchen table, small fridge and microwave. It was old but clean. There was no official lobby, just chairs for a gathering place on the 1st floor. You had to go back to the original hotel for the breakfast.

There is a free shuttle to go anywhere on base as well as free wifi with a stay at any of the hotels. All in all, the hotels were a decent place to stay. It was nice to stay inside Ft Belvoir and not have to go through the gate every time.

Room Tip: If you think you may need the services of the front desk or use any of the amenities, I would recomm...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I stay here weekly. Rooms with shared bathrooms are extremely old. While they are clean there are many things that should be addressed. I have experienced outlets with metal stuck inside, limited lighting outside, up to 4 power strips strewn around, extremely dirty baseboards, windows open and not latched, dirty bathrooms, etc. The price is right, the beds are comfortable (pillows could be improved on), and for one or two nights a week it's doable. They do offer a quick breakfast daily and a social dinner on Wednesday which is really nice.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Shay B, General Manager at IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
While I am gratified to hear the room is clean I am so sorry that you have experienced issues that I find unacceptable. I will review them with my staff and address. Because these rooms are in an unrenovated portion of the hotel we make the price incredibly affordable. Please contact me when you return as an IHG Reward Member you can be upgraded to the renovated portion of the hotel at the same price!

Been to IHG Army Hotels - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!