“Love real cups and glasses!” 5 of 5 stars

120 Wilson Street, Floyd, VA 24091   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Floyd
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Decatur
“Love real cups and glasses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is not our first visit. We came in the spring to see the rhodendrums in bloom along the blue-ridge parkway. Now we are back the see the leaves change. Hotel Floyd is a wonderful hotel that focuses on saving our natural resources. Nice hardwood flooring, recycle bins available real cups and glasses. I am happy to see that they are adding 24 news rooms and lobby. Construction should be completed by early 2014. We love to walk to the nearby shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Make early reservations for the weekends. I hear that the music is great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lamoine, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling through with infants. First the negative: We arrived in late afternoon and the din from the construction at the hotel was almost overwhelming. And we had a lot of stuff to lug from the car to the room which was not easy to get to. There were trucks from the construction site in the nearest parking spots. However, the construction won't last forever and the room was nice and clean with amenities that counted: a fridge/freezer, great fair trade coffee (no awful pods or cheap coffee), and, best of all, a very comfy bed. I think the bathroom lighting could be improved. But I would stay here again if I ever pass through this part of the Virginia again.

Room Tip: I would select an upstairs room.
Green Features: It's great to stay at a green-conscious place.
Southport, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Hotel Floyd is a perfect place to stay. It is in walking distance to the entire quaint downtown area. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and very clean. They are still under construction of phase 2 of the development (as of late October), so the constant beeping of the utility vehicles was a bit distracting since we stayed over on a weekday. Otherwise, our stay was awesome and I certainly highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chateau Morrisette room. Very nice. The bed is incredibly comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at Hotel Floyd and we've loved it both times. I just booked our visit for next year. It's nice to park and walk to downtown shopping and restaurants. We love the 2 bedroom suites. It's very comfortable when your traveling with your family.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

When my brother-in-law comes to Charlotte each year, we usually take him to the beach for our family get together. This year my husband and I decided to try the mountains instead. I have friends in Floyd, so I'm familiar with the area--but this was the first time I'd ever stayed at the Hotel Floyd. We booked the 2-bedroom, 2-bath "Church Gallery Suite." The rooms featured charming country-style furnishings--including tall oak headboards on the King beds, a cedar blanket chest, wardrobes made to look like early American pie safes and a round oak dining table in the living area. We appreciated the convenience of a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator, as well as the flat-screen TVs in every room, a DVD player and free Wi-Fi. Our second-floor unit overlooked a well-manicured courtyard with a performance gazebo. On Thursday nights In the summer months, local musicians entertain guests with lively pickin' and singin' concerts. Presently, you can choose from 20 units in Phase 1. They include suites, standards and 2 pet-friendly units. There will be 24 additional standard rooms in Phase 2, which is scheduled for completion early summer 2014. There will be conference space and elevators in the 3-story facility. A continental breakfast will also be offered to guests. Downtown Floyd is a quiet, friendly little town with one stop light and an honest to goodness General Store. We started our days with a hearty breakfast at the Blue Ridge Restaurant. At lunch we enjoyed tasty sandwiches at the Country Store. One night we went to Mickey G's for an authentic Italian meal and the next night we had a Mexican fiesta at El Charro. There are antique stores and shops, featuring items made by local artisans, within walking distance of the hotel. The Blue Ridge Parkway and local winery, Chateau Morrissette, are a short drive away. Regardless of the season, the countryside in this part of southwest Virginia is lovely. We look forward to returning--the sooner the better.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Gosh, where to start? Clean, spacious, green, cozy, happy. I grew up in these mountains, and whenever I go back to visit, I cringe because there's no really great hotel to stay at--except for Hotel Floyd! I've been wanting to stay here for several years, but they fill up fast. No last minute weekend rooms here--plan in advance, especially in the warmer months and fall. This time I came up on a Sunday and stayed through Tuesday, and I got the Parkway room. It was just adorable! And everything is within walking distance. I'd wake up, head over to the Blackwater Loft for tea, then pop down to Natasha's Market Cafe for lunch. You could spend many days in this happy routine. The wifi was also excellent and reliable, something rare on the mountain!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We drove into nearby Willis for Yoga Jam at the last minute and were lucky to find a room at Hotel Floyd. We checked in late but staff was accommodating and friendly. The rooms are clean, well appointed and very nice. I love the local art and themes. I really like the forward-thinking of the entire place and the recycling and green concepts. The hotel is close to everything downtown and we jumped back onto the Blue Ridge Parkway in no time. The entire town is a fantastic break from the corporate chains of American businesses and the true heart of Independence beats strong in this community.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Floyd? Share your experiences!