“Great Food & Music” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Radford, Virginia
“Great Food & Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my second visit and the food was even better than before, which I didn't think was possible. Just a lovely place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Richmond, Virginia
“Gourmet hippie food for everyone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fun to visit, great selection regardless of your dietary needs and be sure to get Sam to wait on you, just a gem of a waiter, very efficient and helpful. Happy hour is a bargain, and the evening offers a lovely Tapas bar upstairs. You will enjoy everything about this place from the vibrant colored walls to the great presentation of food and local wisdom.

Visited April 2013
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Different, wholesome food - delicious & affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Oddfellas advertises itself as serving local and wholesome food. It is also delicious. For very reasonable prices, you get whopping portions but, more importantly, it has great flavor. There is usually live music. The first Friday of each month is an Irish jam session. It is excellent background music and great quality.

Visited March 2013
Martinsville, Virginia
“Beyond fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

To start, I didn't plan on going to Odd Fellas this trip; but it just happened. I came at an off hour, before the time at which they are open for dinner. I was told by the owner to check out the tavern upstairs; I had no idea there WAS a tavern upstairs. The beer selection was fantastic, and the service was extremely friendly. I took up excess counter-space while reviewing my photos (without complaint) I had taken earlier in the day, and I was helped in finding a plug for my camera charger.

This is not my first trip to Odd Fellas, but my first in a long time. The dinner menu seemed a little vegetarian light, after I made the comment to my waiter about missing the "Rainbow"; he told me to wait a minute. After returning from the kitchen, he said I could get the item. Without having the item ingredients already prepared - the food still came out promptly, with all of the flavour and quality of my past experiences. I hadn't eaten anything that day, but the meal over-stuffed my hunger. I also got a small side of tortilla chips and fresh "red" pico de gallo. The marriage was perfect between side and main dish.

The food was incredibly fresh. The red cabbage tasted like it was picked on the same morning. The tofu had an excellent taste, perfectly complimented by the made in-house peanut sauce. Every single aspect of this meal was of the highest "casual dining" level. The beans were at an ideal ratio with the other ingredients. Although some might argue, I would say this place is almost deserving of a Michelin star. I've never been even slightly disappointed here. Forgetting value for the money, this meal would have been appreciated at a much higher price tag; although I'm glad it was modestly priced!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Really good food and great variety. they also offer good entertainment and an aclectic environment filled with various odds and ends.

Visited December 2012