“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bella La Vita Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Floyd
Bella La Vita Inn
You added Bella La Vita Inn to your Saves list
582 New Haven Rd. SE, Floyd, VA 24091   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Floyd B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Cape Carteret, NC
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoy staying at small inns and B&Bs when we travel, and our recent experience at Bella La Vita makes it one of our favorites. I just can't say enough about the gracious hosts Lisel and Matt. They made everyone feel comfortably at home, and were helpful with directions to wineries and information on the best places to dine around Floyd. The inn itself is lovely, well decorated, and quite unique for the area. The grounds include several separate sitting areas, all loosely connected by a large deck and surrounding a lovely pond. We chose the Panis Angelicus, a large room with high vaulted ceiling and ensuite bath (good size shower, too!). The room has interior access to the inn, but a private balance also provides an exterior entrance. Our stay was relaxing, enjoyable, and will surely continue to be one of our most favorite weekend getaways.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We are so glad you found Bella La Vita Inn here in Floyd! We really enjoyed having you here - any time you need a change of pace from the coast, a relaxing mountain getaway is waiting for you. Thanks so much for taking the time to let others know about your experience here...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My friend and I were in Floyd last weekend for their Yogajam festival and we stayed here for the weekend. After a long drive from the DC area, it was a relief to drive into Bella la Vita's charming driveway complete with water fountain and flowers. The owners Leisel and Matt were very warm and gracious and boy does that lady know how to cook a tasty breakfast!

The B&B itself is very clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable; you really feel at home. They stocked the bathroom with the essentials [fabulous tiled shower!] and we were welcome to a fridge of cold beverages and homemade chocolate cake. We stayed in the Ex Libris room which has a great collection of books, and I really enjoyed winding down the night on their outside patio and koi pond. It is very close to the downtown area as well. We came to Floyd for a yoga get away, but the B&B in itself was a retreat. I am definitely coming back here and bringing my friends. If you are in Floyd you have to stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We were so happy that you made it to Bella in one piece and were still smiling after such a long and interesting trip through the back roads of Floyd County. Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Bella with others. Your input means everything to us as we continually strive to be the very best innkeepers we can be! We hope you tell all of your friends and family about all that Floyd and Bella has to offer. Maybe we will see you next year for the next Yoga Jam!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Recently spent a girl's weekend at the Bella La Vita Inn. We had such a fun time thanks to Lisel and Matthew (and their pups Redman & Zeus)! The property is beautiful with outside gardens, a swinging bench and a gazebo. The outside matches the inside-the common rooms and our room was wonderfully furnished and decorated. Even with the beautiful furniture, art and linens, the Inn is very cozy and does not feel like a museum or antique shop, like so many b&bs do! They have thought of so many little ways to surprise the customers-including stocking the bathroom with things that we inevitably forgot :) and one big surprise-breakfast! Lisel served up an amazing breakfast! Most of the other visitors were couples, and I am sure they had a lovely romantic time, but I highly recommend the Bella La Vita for a girls weekend! Lisel had great suggestions for what to do in fun, scenic Floyd (and very importantly for me-how to get around town)! Excited to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
It was delightful having you both here for Floyd's Yoga Jam! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you were happy with your stay here at Bella! We do try to think like a traveling guest and provide all of the amenities of home. Most important to us though is that you feel completely relaxed and at home. We hope you come back to Floyd soon to visit us and maybe do a little "Friday Night Flatfootin' ! "
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our first B&B experience and we definitely picked one of the best!! Bella La Vita was beautiful! We were looking for a relaxing getaway and thought that a B&B would be perfect. We didn't want a "rustic" feel or anything too "homey" so the Italian/Tuscan theme was absolutely what we were looking for.
Lisal greeted us immediately and was so welcoming. She gave us a tour and from first look we knew that we were going to love it!
The grounds are beautiful and Matt has done a nice job of keeping everything green and pretty.
While there weren't trails to walk or other activities to do we really just enjoyed sitting on our porch swing, having a snack at the outside dining table and most of all enjoying the evening underneath the trumpet vine gazebo!
Breakfast was scrumptious...creative cooking and some southern favorites!

Would recommend this inn to anyone that is looking for a relaxing time away! We will for sure be making a return visit!

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper and had no trouble with the room on the main floor! It has its own porch and a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It was lovely to have you here with us at Bella. Our only regret was that you couldn't stay with us longer! We are particularly glad to hear you slept well. We have worked to keep our rooms as soundproof as possible, especially on the main floor. The real emphasis for restful sleep is great mattresses and luxurious linens. We hope you come back soon for relaxing getaway!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Bella La Vita Inn the weekend of Aug 17th. I've stayed at bed & breakfasts in the past, so I pretty much had an idea of what my stay here would entail. I must say that not only was I blown away from the actual property/grounds, but I honest can say that the attentiveness from Lisal & Matt rivaled some of my previous stays at 5 star resorts. I don't even think I could pinpoint just one thing that they did to leave such a lasting impression on me beyond my stay. I mean they knew what they were doing, but I guess the main difference was just that they "cared". It makes all the difference between a good stay and a "great" stay, and I must say that they made my visit to Floyd "GREAT". This will definitely not be my last stay here, and I'm looking forward to visiting again. (FYI, you will be amazed by Lisal's cooking, definitely some the best I've had yet far!)

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. I checked in before anyone else...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Your review tells us we are doing the right things! Your compliments are high praise as we know how well-traveled you are. Thanks for sharing your experience here at Bella with past and future guests ~ it means the world to us! We look forward to seeing you here in Floyd again soon...
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Before opening the B & B, Lisal worked at others, and it shows. She was able to recognize what customers liked and what they didn't. She has thought through many details that other B & B owners never bother to consider - and made the right decisions. And she seems to have perfected her culinary skills as well....fabulous place. Only sorry that we were only able to stay one night.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
It was lovely meeting you both! Thank you so much for choosing us. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with you at breakfast. We wish you every success in your future endeavor! Hopefully, we will be doing a review for you someday...all the best to you!
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was our first time at Bella La Vita Inn, and it will not be our last! What a beautiful setting! The rooms are so wonderfully decorated, and we loved our outside deck. It was the perfect place to sit and relax, and listen to the sounds of the water garden. The breakfast was delicious, and Lisal and Matt are the best Innkeepers. They made our stay so enjoyable, and helped us know what to do in the area. It is the perfect setting for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted that you enjoyed everything here at Bella. We want all of our guests to feel relaxed and happy! You are not far from us - so we hope you will come back soon and enjoy all that Floyd and Bella La VIta have to offer. Thank you so much for taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience with us...

Been to Bella La Vita Inn? Share your experiences!