“Need for improvement!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tuggles Gap Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Floyd
Tuggles Gap Motel
You added Tuggles Gap Motel to your Saves list
3351 Parkway Lane S., Floyd, VA 24091   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Floyd
Bradenton, Florida
“Need for improvement!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Ditto to all negative comments. The location was wonderful, the food was good, but the rooms need updating, and for late fall visitors, the space heater, (seriously!), is not enough.
Great people, barely adequate rooms.

Room Tip: Ditto to all reviews- good food, great location, but sad rooms in need of updating and for late fall...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The owners are friendly and seem to want to please, but the rooms are in need of major restoration. The phonebooth size bathrooms have been redone, but there is so much iron in the water that the toilet and shower are already stained. There were no towel bars or toilet paper holder in the bathroom! The old casement windows are missing the cranks so had to go outside to open and close the windows. There was dust on the lampshade and under the table, and dead gnats on the walls in the bathroom. I think this place is operating on a shoestring. The location is beautiful, just yards off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I love the setting, but will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After this year's Floydfest my boyfriend and I were in need of belly filling food and a warm happy environment. Tuggles Gap provided just that!!! My boyfriend had some of the most amazing homemade tomato soup I have ever tasted and my breakfast burrito was absolutely delicious. Our waitress told us everything on the menu is homemade, which was obvious, and the whole place was filled with friendly locals and happy people. Nothing fancy, but a must go if you're in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

One would assume in this day and time that hotels have air conditioning. Don't assume. This hotel has no air conditioning and the water has a strong iron/sulpher smell and taste. Our room had a musty smell, the windows wouldn't open and there wasn't even a ceiling fan. The bed was awful - hard and very squeaky. The sheets were clean but the towels are small and scratchy. We will not stay here again. If you do stay here, take bottled water to drink and to brush your teeth. This hotel has a nice location but needs major updates.

Room Tip: Go the extra 8 miles into Floyd for a place to stay off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Empty beer bottles on the table outside my room. No Internet. Electrical outlets don't accept a ground plug. Don''t know what was in the toilet. Water was sulphinated so after I took a shower, I smelled like a burnt match all day. Didn't know they could make mattresses that thin. Other than that, a wonderful experience for $56.10 a night.

Room Tip: Stay in Blacksburg
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple did an "end to end" of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Tuggles Gap was a stop for breakfast one morning south bound. The food and service was so awesome and the motel from outside looks "quaint" so the woman decided they wanted to stay here on the way back north.

I've never seen room like the two rooms we rented ... never! The showers in both rooms were so gross, they had huge amounts of mold on walls, shower foor and bathroom floor. On top of the mold everything was redish brown color from ????? We tried to see about getting another room but everything was booked for the weekend (lots of activities going on in the area). We were stuck staying here because we were on motorcycles and it was dark nothing avail within an hour! Had we been traveling by car/truck I would have left. Nobody took a shower in the morning and I even skipped brushing my teeth because of the smell in the water.

I would stop again at the diner but would never plan to stay in the rooms ...

Room Tip: I was told they are doing upgrades, ask to see your room before you pay or check in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Emporia, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. It was great!! The room was not fancy, but clean. The bed was comfy--true there was no a/c but the heat worked well. No tv- but we didn't need it!! We made new friends, hung out @ the restaurant and ate and laughed and had great time. The food was a bonus and beer was cold. The weather wasn't the greatest but we made the best of it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. June--you are the best!! See ya again next year!!!

Room Tip: 4 rooms up on hill by themselves!! rooms close to restaurant are busier. It is beside a road so the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Country View Inn
Mountain Rose Inn
Mountain Rose Inn
#1 of 1 in Woolwine
5.0 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to Tuggles Gap Motel? Share your experiences!