“The Flint Hill Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flint Hill
Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn
You added Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn to your Saves list
675 Zachary Taylor Highway, Flint Hill, VA 22627   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Flint Hill B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Florida
“The Flint Hill Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

On a recent car trip we stopped at the Flint Hill Public House Restaurant and Inn. What a treat. The area is beautiful, the Inn lovely, the restaurant outstanding and reasonably priced, and the staff exceedingly friendly. Innkeeper John Gruber, and server Yvette could not have been more welcoming. The Inn, although colonial on the outside ,is modern, and very appealing on the inside. Too bad we only had one day to appreciate our " priced right" home away from home. The inn is in Flint hill, VA., 45 minutes from Washington D.C. Phone 540 675 1700. You can look it up on the internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I can't comment on the accomodations as I was only there for dinner. It seems as though the owners of this establishment were going for a very modern and clean look with a menu that, while small, looked relatively good. Although my food was average at best the special my friend ordered apparently was very tasty. The service wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Waiters and waitresses need to know the makeup of the food they are serving and be able to explain this to patrons. They must also know the ingredients of the special drinks they are serving as well. Ours didn't know any of the above and from what I gathered from observation others around us experienced the same thing.
A quick tip to the owners...get a new wait staff. Your servers can make or break you especially when you are trying to create the impression that you are an upscale establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Charleston31
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a quick weekend getaway to hike Old Rag Mountain and chill out in Shenandoah. From start to finish, this place was a class act. It reminded me of the Chanric Inn in Napa Valley to tell you the truth. Unlike most inns in the area, Flint Hill was renovated in modern decor yet retained many of the classic elements of the original building.

The staff was warm and efficient. The rooms were well done indeed - clean and comfortable. The bed was turned out with high quality linens and was super comfy. The soundproofing is excellent...despite two rather large dining rooms downstairs, we didn't hear a peep.

All told, it was a great experience and we'd go back in a heartbeat. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at Flint Hill Public house on Thursday, September 13th while in Virginia for business.

The staff was excellent. Marvin, the Front of the House manager was awesome. I had to be up at 6:30am to leave for my appointment and he personally made my breakfast as I requested it.

I stayed in the Washington Suite (please see the photo) and the room was modern yet still retained the historic feel of the house. The room was very large with a seating area and they even had a plate of fresh baked goods upon my arrival. The Zuccini Bread was made with fresh zuccini from the on-site gardens.

The restaurant was awesome as well. Make sure to try the fried pickles!

I would certainly recommend Flint Hill Public House for an evening dinner or a romantic overnight stay! Also, could be an excellent location for a wedding.

Room Tip: Def go for the Washington Suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank regan82975
Jeffersonton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I and his sister and her husband visited last night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the restaurant. My husband and I have been here a few times and have found the food to be terrific and the site a wonderful one. I had scallops (broiled perfectly) and two crab cakes with very very little filler last nighr. My husband enjoyed the beef stroganoff and his brother in law liked his chicken. My sister in law enjoyed the crab dip appetizer we all got and her sides and dessert. The only negative comment regarding the chicken she received was that it had no flavor. My husband and I are fairly local and will continue to patronize the restaurant - we enjoy the chef visiting from the kitchen and the (genrally) great staff.

My only cons: when we arrived at the restaurant we were told by the woman at the desk a couple of times that we were not on the list to be served We had made reservations online for window seats and there were many seats available - she did not need to tell us that we were not on the list;also our waitress was slow but pleasant - she didn't remove the menus from the table when we were finished and we had to ask her each time to remove dishes that were empty. But we appreciate her efforts and are planning our next visit to the restaurant.

Room Tip: I have given only last night's visit an average. The other times we went to the restaurant every...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Newly remodeled Inn and restaurant was perfect for our mid-week adventuring at Old Rag and local wineries. Great rooms, gourmet restaurant, and perfect location. The new owner and his entire staff provided great and generous service, accommodating every need. We had a totally enjoyable two day stay. If we are ever back in this area, this will definitely be the place we'll stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wegs1975
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently stayed at Flint Hill for a wedding in the area and absolutely loved it! The staff was very welcoming and the rooms are lovely! We will definitely be back and hopefully can stay a little longer next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
The White Moose Inn
The White Moose Inn
#2 of 10 in Washington
5.0 of 5 stars 179 reviews

Been to Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn? Share your experiences!