“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flint Hill
Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a quick weekend getaway to hike Old Rag Mountain and chill out in Shenandoah. From start to finish, this place was a class act. It reminded me of the Chanric Inn in Napa Valley to tell you the truth. Unlike most inns in the area, Flint Hill was renovated in modern decor yet retained many of the classic elements of the original building.

The staff was warm and efficient. The rooms were well done indeed - clean and comfortable. The bed was turned out with high quality linens and was super comfy. The soundproofing is excellent...despite two rather large dining rooms downstairs, we didn't hear a peep.

All told, it was a great experience and we'd go back in a heartbeat. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at Flint Hill Public house on Thursday, September 13th while in Virginia for business.

The staff was excellent. Marvin, the Front of the House manager was awesome. I had to be up at 6:30am to leave for my appointment and he personally made my breakfast as I requested it.

I stayed in the Washington Suite (please see the photo) and the room was modern yet still retained the historic feel of the house. The room was very large with a seating area and they even had a plate of fresh baked goods upon my arrival. The Zuccini Bread was made with fresh zuccini from the on-site gardens.

The restaurant was awesome as well. Make sure to try the fried pickles!

I would certainly recommend Flint Hill Public House for an evening dinner or a romantic overnight stay! Also, could be an excellent location for a wedding.

Room Tip: Def go for the Washington Suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jeffersonton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I and his sister and her husband visited last night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the restaurant. My husband and I have been here a few times and have found the food to be terrific and the site a wonderful one. I had scallops (broiled perfectly) and two crab cakes with very very little filler last nighr. My husband enjoyed the beef stroganoff and his brother in law liked his chicken. My sister in law enjoyed the crab dip appetizer we all got and her sides and dessert. The only negative comment regarding the chicken she received was that it had no flavor. My husband and I are fairly local and will continue to patronize the restaurant - we enjoy the chef visiting from the kitchen and the (genrally) great staff.

My only cons: when we arrived at the restaurant we were told by the woman at the desk a couple of times that we were not on the list to be served We had made reservations online for window seats and there were many seats available - she did not need to tell us that we were not on the list;also our waitress was slow but pleasant - she didn't remove the menus from the table when we were finished and we had to ask her each time to remove dishes that were empty. But we appreciate her efforts and are planning our next visit to the restaurant.

Room Tip: I have given only last night's visit an average. The other times we went to the restaurant every...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Newly remodeled Inn and restaurant was perfect for our mid-week adventuring at Old Rag and local wineries. Great rooms, gourmet restaurant, and perfect location. The new owner and his entire staff provided great and generous service, accommodating every need. We had a totally enjoyable two day stay. If we are ever back in this area, this will definitely be the place we'll stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently stayed at Flint Hill for a wedding in the area and absolutely loved it! The staff was very welcoming and the rooms are lovely! We will definitely be back and hopefully can stay a little longer next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A 3 day April stay proved extraordinary. Superb food, rooms & overall lovely property with a collection of original art. Inn's setting in the village gives opportunities for walking & absorbing the idyllic VA countryside & unique shops. So near urban areas but I felt a world away. Exceptional attention to customers. They even returned my lost earring although it required dismantling the sink drain. Great value for the price.

• Stayed April 2012
reston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We love this place we will definitely stay here again. The rooms are clean and modern; they look just like the online pics. The beds were super comfortable and we absolutely loved the rotating TV. The staff was amazing and very friendly. We were on a first name basis with the manager and chef. The food was amazing and the chef himself came out every morning and made whatever we wanted for breakfast. The bartenders were also very friendly and made good drinks; with a great Liquor/Beer/Wine selection. The location is also great; 15 minutes from several wineries. Also, only about 10 minutes from the famous Inn at Little Washington. We can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn? Share your experiences!