“Very Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Farmville

You added Super 8 Farmville to your Saves list
Super 8 Farmville
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2012 South Main Street, Highway 15 South and US 460 Bypass, Farmville, VA 23901   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Maryland
“Very Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This was much much more than i was expecting. I chose it for the good price i got not caring where i slept as long as i had a bed. Minus the idiocy at the front desk, it was nice. The bed was comfortable the room was spacious and well equipped. Very clean and new looking. Nice hotel.... nice price :-)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Farmville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I checked in to Super 8 on leisure. Room appear clean but at a closer glance the bedding smelled filthy and looked used. The morning of checkout I noticed dozens of bites all over my body. I itched for days. I will never go back again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

My mother and I stayed here for three nights. After the first night we tried to find another hotel, but everyone else was booked due to a holiday. The carpet was damp. You could hear everything outside from the delivery trucks at the gas station next door at 6 in the am to the big trucks on the road in the morning to the people screaming in the parking lot at all hours.
The topper was when we got home, after a couple of days, we noticed red bites all over us. after a little research i found out they are bedbug bites! I found a website that is a bedbug registry, and lo and behold-guess who's already there?????

• Stayed September 2009
Farmville, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I booked a room a week in advance for my mom to stay at while visiting for my senior piano recital. I booked (with a credit card) a non-smoking double room and told them a dog would be coming as well. After a 6 hour drive the next Friday, my mom went to check in at 5pm and they had no record of my booking a room. They had one room left - a smoking room. After the recital, my mom went to the hotel at 11pm to check in to her new room. They then informed her that I had called at 9pm and cancelled the reservation....I was on stage performing at 9pm. They did "find a room" for her (after some much derserved shouting from my mom)- a smoking one right next to the gas station. She said she could hear the people upstairs come in, do their business, take showers, put their shoes on and leave.

Overall: a disgusting pay-by-the-hour hotel with horrible service and staff that hardly speaks English.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
bethlehem,pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

I should have read the reviews bsfore staying at this hotel.The reviews that I have now read are absolutey true.I am very disappointed with Super 8.I can't believe that they put their name on a hotel that is just not being cleaned or maintained. The hairdryer had hair on it.The toilet and bathtub were not cleaned.The microwave and refrig were dirty....very digusting.The floor was never vacuumed.I used a towel that I thought was clean but after drying my self with it noticed a stain that looked like someone blew their nose on it ...............I felt like they picked it off of the floor and just stuck in in a dryer to fluff it up............That had to be the most disgusting feeling of all.The front desk told me that I had to contact Orbitz when I was told that Orbitz overbooked my non-smoking room anfd that all I could get was a smoking room.They then said I didn't have to call Orbitz but I still could not have a non smoking room which I had booked.Well now there's nothing like a smoking room at a hotel that doesn't even clean it's rooms.I have contacted Orbitz and Super 8 concerning this hotel.Apparently Super 8 is choosing to ignore the problems with this hotel since I can see the complaints have been ongoing for years.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
justbrandy24
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

The room itself appeared clean at first glance, however. The comforter and bedspread smelled like dirty sweat and had a horrible odor. When telling the desk that I needed new linens, they sent a housekeeper in who promptly changed ONLY the sheets and not the smelly blankets. I also noticed a ridiculous amount of mold and mildew in the shower, which the housekeeper sprayed with a solution and wiped off 2 seconds later, doing nothing to eliminate the mold. Unfortunately, my company won't pay for another room anywhere, so I am cleaning up someone else's mess. I would rather sleep in my car than this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

This hotel was a great disappointment. After having a lot of luck with other Super 8 hotels, I booked this for a two night stay. I checked in late (around 7PM) After driving from 5 AM to 10 AM, arriving in Farmville and then working from 10 AM to 6:30, I just wanted to finish up some odds and ends for work, eat dinner and go to sleep. At 10 PM I got ready to hit the sack, but when I pulled back the covers, I noticed the pillow cases were quite yellow and stained. I thought about covering up the pillows with something, but I didn't have anything that would be comfortable to sleep on. I thought about sleeping on the recliner (chair) but then realized that probably NEVER got washed.

So I asked the people to exchange all my pillows, which they did promptly. I got what appeared to be pieces of pillows jammed into still (but less so) stained casings. I pulled back the bedspread and the sheets were just as bad.

I should have been tipped off when I saw the towels in the bathroom were not all usable...

I went out the door and across the street to the Comfort Inn. I asked to see a room, checked out the sheets and pillows and decided. Yup. I'm moving to this hotel.

I went back to the Super 8 and checked out. I told them they could keep the money, I was absolutely NOT staying there. To their credit, they offered to upgrade, but I said I wasn't convinced they knew how to clean and I wouldn't feel comfortable in any of their rooms. They then offered to refund my money. Which, of course, I was very relieved to hear since I had paid for two days in advance. I moved to the Comfort Inn which was much better. I did get my refund acknowledged by Expedia as well.

My lesson - see the room including bed sheets, pillows before unpacking...if possible, before booking.

• Liked — That I'm getting my money refunded without any hassle.
  • Disliked — The place did not appear clean
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Farmville? Share your experiences!