“Good value for a good night's sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Farmville
“Good value for a good night's sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent a night in your Day's Inn in Farmville, as we were attending Freshman Orientation for our son. Made the reservation months in advance, and sure enough, we had a room waiting for us. Upon checking in, the room was ice cold, as the air conditioner had been left on full-blast. We discovered that condensation from the unit had soaked the carpet around the air conditioner, out to about 4 feet into the room. We called the front desk, and were told that there were no other rooms available.

I asked if I could come down and pick up some towels to soak up the moisture, and by the time I made it down to the lobby, the desk clerk was able to secure us another room. Problem solved !

Thanks for working out a solution - I'm sure we'll be staying there again.

Only complaint was with the smoking/no smoking situation... For those with an allergy to cigarette smoke, a swinging door in the hallway does little to isolate the smoke from the non-smoking rooms. Makes for an overall musty smell to the rooms and hallway, which is why I rated them "average".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

There only a few motels in Farmville. We just needed a clean, comfortable room for a reasonable price and found it at the Days Inn. Our room was on the back side of the property but we could still hear slight road noise from Main St (this would be true for most other motels that are located on Main St). The motel is convenient to the town, restaurants, and stores. Continental breakfast was typical but also had fresh apples. Staff was professional and helpful, room was fine; not a Hilton, but fine, beds comfortable, decent bathroom, room mini fridge and microwave. The rate of $80+ was a bit high for a Days Inn but rooms are limited in Farmville and a nice looking Comfort Inn was $130+. The Super 8 was $65+ but didn't appeal to us and we are not very picky (we stopped at both to check them out). This Days Inn is solidly average or better and I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dayton,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My purpose of the trip was to visit my girlfriend who attends Longwood.The Hampton Inn was booked so I looked around and found a half way decent deal here from hotwire.com (saved about $100). Anyways, based off the reviews I thought this place was going to be a really bad weekend but it beats trying the Super 8 across the street.. The reviews are right about the rooms being dated but is that always a bad thing? The bed wasn't the most comfy but everything was clean. The internet wasn't very good but it worked well enough for me to check my email. The pool was open and wasn't crowded the night we decided to go swimming. The customer service was really good and if the prices weren't over inflated I'd go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The other reviews are correct. All of the rooms are exterior rooms. The room was very old fashioned. When I got here they had given away my reservation. I reserved a King non smoking and there were none available. The Internet is unreliable. I told the staff but it didn't make a difference. The staff was friendly though. The breakfast area is two tables next to the hotel desk. This is my second Days Inn in three days.... and I don't think I'll be doing this on my next trip. This is the week of Aug 13... all of the students at the university are returning so be forewarned about room availability. Fortunately, my next stop is at a comfort Inn :o)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our room was very basic and a little out of date. The TV was one of those 200-pound monsters that preceeded flat screens, but it worked. Beds were hard and kind of lumpy. Shower curtain did not span the length of the tub and barely hung below the edge of the tub. The bathroom was clean and floors were clean, but the sheets seemed dingy - not smelly or downright dirty, just not white-white. Hotel personnel seemed anxious to please.

There is a door mid-way down the 2nd floor hallway, and when you walk through that door, you are assaulted with the smell of very stale cigarette smoke (not that "fresh smoke" is any better). Thankfully the part of the hall we were on did not smell of smoke.

I asked myself two questions about this hotel. First, how does it compare with other similarly priced hotels I stay in for non-business reasons? Not all that well. In other words, I think it's overpriced for what it was.

Second, if my company booked me into this hotel for a week-long business trip, at normal company rates (less than what we paid for this trip), would I stay the whole week, or try to move? It's a toss-up.

This could be a much better place to stay with a serious refurb.

Room Tip: Try to get second floor, back side, one the far end from the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We got the last room and that was thanks to a cancellation. There were no rooms to be had in Farmville on Saturday night. We were grateful to have a place to lay our heads. It seemed to be a bit dated but everything worked. It could have been cleaner but overall was okay for one night. I didn't like the pool being a bit away from the hotel(across the parking lot toward Main Street). The beakfast area was small and when we went to eat, nothing was fresh. Nothing had been restocked. I would stay again if I had no other place to stay but would probably look for lodgings elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I apologize for the inconveience during your stay at The Days Inn Farmville, VA. We have addressed the housekeeping and breakfast staff about this issue. Rest assure we have resolved this issue.
Allershausen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

As a previous poster already wrote, there is not much choice in Farmville. All the hotels in Farmville were fully booked, probably due to graduation in Longwood University. We were there to pick up our son who had spent a year as an exchange student near Farmville. I didn't see any cockroaches as mentioned in one of the previous posts, but that is about all the positive I can think of about this hotel. Ok, and the location isn't bad, either.
We tried to ckeck in a little early, because we wanted to meet with our son and his host parents, and we wanted to get rid of our luggage, so that everyone would fit in our car comfortably, but that wasn't possible, because the room wasn't ready yet. I thought that housekeeping would do a thorough Job, since it took them so long to prepare the rooms, but that obviously was a misunderstanding. In the three nights that we stayed at the hotel, the hallway to the rooms wasn't vacuumed once, the trash lay there on the third day exactly as it had on the first. And it seems to me that that was true for our room as well, judging from the amount of dirt on our carpet. The only Thing they seemed to be doing was to make the bed and change the towels. Although we were four people in the room, there were always only two towels, so that I had to go down to the front desk every day and request extra towels. The bed covers had numerous burn holes in them and the blankets were torn in many places. It felt very filthy. Also, my pillow cover had a huge stain on it. I always turned it around so as not to have to lay may head on it. I would have expected from housekeeping to change the pillow cover, but no, every day they would put that one pillow on top of the other pillows with the stain facing outward. How blind can one be?
Also, the advertised free Wi-Fi didn't work either. I walked down to the Front Desk numerous times, but they told me that they couldn't do anything for me except resetting the router, which didn't help at all. I then asked the person at the front desk if I could get a discount, since the Internet didn't work at all, he said yes, no problem, he had already put it on my room account. And - surprise, at the time of ckeck-out, I noticed that there was no discount at all!
Breakfast is very basic, we ended up drinking only a cup of coffee - juice was mostly water - and having breakfast at the Huddle House. There, the breakfast was delicious and the advertised Wi-Fi actually worked.
I would stay at the Days Inn in Farmville again only if I absolutely had to, but since it is only about half price of the Comfort Inn, I guess you can't be too picky.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
We apologize for the inconveience during your stay. We have addressed the issue with our front desk staff and are working on our internet issue with our service provider.

Been to Days Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!