“terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Fancy Gap B&B and Inns
Midway, Georgia, United States
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room smelled very musty. If you have any type of allergies I would not even think about staying there. We checked in around 10:30pm and checked out by 7am. In those few hours we became ill. It was a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Turtletown Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed there for two days on the 3rd and 4th of June 2013. There were 9 of us ,our time there was great. The owner Peter was great to us,he showed us the rooms to see if we wanted to stay.Peter took some of our group down to Mount Airy for dinner in his van.The restaurant we found to be great,we ate there three times. The rooms we found to be clean and everything else was just fine also. Peter was the best host we could ever hope to have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Groveland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I expected a very low budget room, but this one was terrible! Water was turned off in the basin, had to turn it on and off at the floor or it ran constantly. A new washer in the faucet would have taken care of that. The room was OK but the bathroom was disgusting. One reviewer said they were given a chance to look at the room before checking in, I wish I had been given that opportunity, I would have gone elsewhere.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dobson, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel 37 years ago on our honeymoon. We decided to go back this year for our anniverary and had a great time. The owner Peter was very friendly and helpful as was his manager Matthew. Thanks to both of them for helping us enjoy and celebrate 37 years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BELLINGHAM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our room was moldy - you could smell it, and it caused my husband's allergies to come on strong. The windows were duct taped closed on all seams - is that even legal? Bedding was threadbare, and the lights in the front made it so you could read in your room at night with all the lights out.

We didn't shower, it was so gross looking.

Owner is very nice, doesn't make it a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I see a few reviews that must have been expecting more than reasonable. It is an inexpensive old style motel, but it is right on the parkway, our AC worked great, the bed was reasonable, the bathroom clean. The owner Peter took my reservation without a credit card. He let us leave our car at the motel when we were out at 6:00 am to ride on the parkway. We ran into some torrential rain storms for about an hour on the way back, so we asked if we could get into a room to shower, he opened up a room he had just cleaned and would not take money, but we insisted. We will be back on a regular basis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have stayed in some dumps over the years, kinda like 'em, really . But this one was below my lamentably low standards. The outside lighting was bright enough to read a newspaper inside the room at 3am; trim pieces were ripped off the wall; the towels would make a Kleenex seem large and luxurious; the electrical outlets were so worn that plugs would fall out on the floor; the bathroom fixtures (tub, commode, basin) had stains that I've not seen north of Tijuana; the TV has been around since the Ed Sullivan show; the internet access did not work; the airconditioner's bark was louder than its bite; the bathroom floow was sticky (I was afraid to imagine why) and the sheets and pillow cases were paper thin.

The appearance of the clientel made me tangle a chair into the door to at least give me time to kill myself on my own terms rather than deal with an intruder.

LOL, all of this for $25 less than the splendid and new Day's Inn less than two miles away.

Too bad trip advisor doesn't offer 'putrid' as an overall rating!

Room Tip: Hahahahaha! Pool and Fitness center? GIMMIE A BREAK!