“Quaint, clean, pretty comfortable. Great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Country View Inn
230 Pottry Dr., Fancy Gap, VA 24328   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Fancy Gap
Wilmington, Delaware
“Quaint, clean, pretty comfortable. Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to stop off for the night on a long road trip. Pay half the price and still get a restful nights sleep. Each room is personally decorated, king size beds and a hot shower... Pet friendly too. My husband and I, as well as our racing buddies highly recommend a nights stay... Especially for the savings!

• Stayed June 2013

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Leslie, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

NO hot water. NO one at the front desk. No call back. 2 weeks later my credit card was charged an additional $8 for making a reservation at this motel.

I made a reservation on the Country View Inn website since we would be traveling through the area and needed a place to stay just to get some rest and showers to refresh in the morning. I put a note on the reservation we would be checking-in between 11:30p and 12:30a.

We checked-in at 12:30 with no problems, room was small, but clean and since we were only staying for a few hours this was perfect. We got up at 6am to get showered and head out, but there was NO hot water at all. I let the water run for 10 minutes thinking maybe it needed to run a little before it would get warm, Nothing. Nobody was at the front desk, so I ended up taking an ice cold shower the best I could and no one else showered which was one of the main reasons for stopping for the night. I called the hotel and left a message never got a return phone call.

Now, 2 weeks later I get a charge on my Credit Card bill for $8 for making a reservation with them. In similar situations I would say you get what you pay for, but if you stay here you will not even get that.

There is a Comfort Inn up the street that you have to pass to get here that I would HIGHLY recommend. There will be someone there that can help you and their customer service will call back and you will not be getting extra charges for making reservations with them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I loved the decorations and individual personality my room had with a "Woman's Touch" of a very spiritual, country oriented, and comfortable place to relax my mind and focus on positive things. I would say nothing fancy but fancy enough! Clean and Secure Place to stay. Not as many amenities as chain motels but it did not take away from the pleasant atmosphere.

For the guy that gave the bad review, he must have been a 10 cent millionaire. Need I say more? As far as the view, it was a whole lot better than the nearby chain hotels parking lot.

Room Tip: For $36.50 a night for a single man, definitely a great value!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at the Country View Inn in August 2011 on my way back from South Carolina. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and secure. Not like the Days Inn in Lexington, Va I stayed in on the way down. What a dirty dump! I will definitely stay here again. The room had beautiful elephant figurines and a large Japanese fan as wide as the king size bed on the wall. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I loved the little touches, including the open Gidean bible on the long table. It's always stuffed in the bedside table drawer. The lobby had wonderful handcrafted items and canned goods. I took some canned goods home with me. Also, fresh pound cake by the coffee machine. It was a great stay and I will definitely stay there on my way down to South Carolina again. It's a shame there are fewer motels like this anymore. It reminds me of the old days before the chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I usually ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on my motorcycle once or twice a year. I have stayed at the Days Inn a half mile away, but had never stayed here until three years ago. Franky, the little narrow road and low price gave me visions of the Bates Motel in the movie Psycho. However, I saw an internet review and the place sounded OK. In the last three years I have stayed here maybe six times. So far I have had no problems. Everything is clean and it is reasonably quite, even though it is close to the Interstate. If you are outside you can hear the trucks on the interstate. but inside the rooms it is not noticeable. I could do with a few less stuffed animals in the room, but it does give it a homey feeling. Not much else at this exit. There is a convenience store close by which has hot food that is not too bad. A restaurant next to the parkway, about a mile away, is OK. The Lakeview I think. I see a lot of locals eating there. About eight miles north on the interstate is Hillsville. There are a lot of eating places there. Since it is only about a mile off the parkway, there are usually a few motorcyclist staying there. Mostly old guys like me. I plan to stay here again this fall when I ride the parkway.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the lower level for convenience even though the rooms are a little more.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

After arriving early for my fathers 70th birthday, i had tried to get a room for me, my wife who was 8 months pregnant and my 2 yr old and 9 yr old. This bozo puts us in a room on the top floor in the back of the motel at the end of the hallway facing the septic tank, quite the country view. After I offered to pay him to fix up a room on the bottom floor, he acted like I was the one being difficult. I showed him the respect I though he deserved but after the yes sirs and no sirs he still wasn't worth breath. This guy needs some serious people skillz. All these good reviews must be from people he knows or people used to staying in dumps. Homey touch, are you for real.

Room Tip: The Days Inn across the street was $10 more a night and very nice and clean, Cody at the front desk...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this motel two nights over a recent vacation. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I enjoyed being greeted at the front door by two cats and a very pleasant owner. The TV selection isn't the greatest and there was no alarm clocks in either of the two rooms that I stayed in...but for $35 a night I couldn't be happier. I defiantly plan to stay here again

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Country View Inn? Share your experiences!