“Quaint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fancy Gap
Jonesboro, Georgia
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I usually ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on my motorcycle once or twice a year. I have stayed at the Days Inn a half mile away, but had never stayed here until three years ago. Franky, the little narrow road and low price gave me visions of the Bates Motel in the movie Psycho. However, I saw an internet review and the place sounded OK. In the last three years I have stayed here maybe six times. So far I have had no problems. Everything is clean and it is reasonably quite, even though it is close to the Interstate. If you are outside you can hear the trucks on the interstate. but inside the rooms it is not noticeable. I could do with a few less stuffed animals in the room, but it does give it a homey feeling. Not much else at this exit. There is a convenience store close by which has hot food that is not too bad. A restaurant next to the parkway, about a mile away, is OK. The Lakeview I think. I see a lot of locals eating there. About eight miles north on the interstate is Hillsville. There are a lot of eating places there. Since it is only about a mile off the parkway, there are usually a few motorcyclist staying there. Mostly old guys like me. I plan to stay here again this fall when I ride the parkway.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the lower level for convenience even though the rooms are a little more.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

After arriving early for my fathers 70th birthday, i had tried to get a room for me, my wife who was 8 months pregnant and my 2 yr old and 9 yr old. This bozo puts us in a room on the top floor in the back of the motel at the end of the hallway facing the septic tank, quite the country view. After I offered to pay him to fix up a room on the bottom floor, he acted like I was the one being difficult. I showed him the respect I though he deserved but after the yes sirs and no sirs he still wasn't worth breath. This guy needs some serious people skillz. All these good reviews must be from people he knows or people used to staying in dumps. Homey touch, are you for real.

Room Tip: The Days Inn across the street was $10 more a night and very nice and clean, Cody at the front desk...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel two nights over a recent vacation. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I enjoyed being greeted at the front door by two cats and a very pleasant owner. The TV selection isn't the greatest and there was no alarm clocks in either of the two rooms that I stayed in...but for $35 a night I couldn't be happier. I defiantly plan to stay here again

• Stayed April 2012
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

One of the cleanest, homey places you will ever stay at. It is furnished more like a bed and breakfast than a motel. Friendly owners, beautiful rooms, great prices, and a peaceful setting that will be hard to duplicate. Always the place I stay when passing through. Thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: Check it out if you are in the area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Pulled in late just needed a safe, clean room for a few hours of sleep. At $35 this fit our needs nicely. Tucked out of the way on a hill out boat and SUV were safe and everything was neat and clean. Homey touches throughout. Run by people of faith. Will return if we pass this way again and just need a break from the road.Thank you.

• Stayed June 2011
North Olmsted, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here on two occasions, one week apart on our way to and from Myrtle Beach.
We found the owners pleasant and hospitable. The home-baked cookies and cake were an added plus. The tooms were clean, the bed comfortable. We had no problems with our reservations and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have never written a review before, and usually don't make a big deal out of small problems I encounter, but this experience was SO BAD I felt it was only fair to warn people. As some others here have stated, the woman who runs this place is incredibly RUDE, unprofessional and outrageous! I can honestly say she has to be the strangest and most unpleasant person I have ever encountered. Her behavior was quite over the top and actually scary. Here is what happened- I called early in the day about a coupon in the green travel booklet listing the room for $33.95 per night. I had inquired in the past but never made the trip, and had spoken with a man who had always been nice and had told me I needn't worry about getting a room with the coupon, he'd have some available. This time, I told him I was on the way, and he took my name and gave me a reservation. Then he said "wait, a minute my sister is coming" and gave the phone to the woman. I told her the deal he and I had made, and she started giving me the runaround. She asked me if I wanted smoking or non, and I said it didn't matter. She asked if I needed one or two beds, and when I told her two, she claimed that only the upstairs rooms were for the coupon and they all had only one bed. She said if I wanted two, I'd have to get a downstairs room and it would be more. (the coupon does not state this, and the man had never mentioned anything of the kind, that day or in the past conversations I'd had with him) I then asked her if this meant the coupon was no good, at which point she literally flew into a rage! She smacked her hand down over the phone, but I could hear her yelling, screaming and growling to someone in the background. This went on for two or three minutes while I patiently waited for her to come back on the line, hopefully composed, but she finally just slammed down the phone without speaking to me again. I was at a complete loss to understand why anyone would get angry for such a thing so quickly, and why a person who runs a business would behave so oddly and rudely to potential customers! Well, pretending like I hadn't heard a thing, I called back and nicely asked if the room was still available. She said if I wanted to stay there, I'd have to take a downstairs room and I'd have to 'pay'. I asked her how much. When she told me it was only 2 dollars more, making it $35.95, I said, okay, and she said, see you when you get here. Fast forward about 3 hours when I finally arrived. I walked into the lobby and had to use a phone to call her to the desk. She then informed me that no more coupon rooms were available, and that if I wanted to stay I'd have to pay $44.95! I said, what, you told me on the phone it was 35! She then looked a bit sheepish and said, oh, that was you on the phone, okay you can have it for 35. She asked me to fill out a form with all my car's info, then demanded my picture ID, and took it out of my view for several minutes as I stood there wondering why. I had never had that happen to me before in many motel stays through the years, and I was a bit paranoid wondering what she was doing with it. She finally returned and told me the total price with tax was $39.84. I handed her two twenty dollar bills, and this is where it REALLY gets weird! She then claimed that she didn't want to accept cash, she wanted my credit card, so that if anything was stolen or damaged in the room she could charge it to me! I was insulted, taken aback and in shock! I had never been treated so rudely and hatefully by any motel owner or worker! She also said that if I paid in cash, I'd have to leave a 'key deposit' and she would personally do a walk thru of the room when I left to make sure I hadn't broken or stolen anything before she'd decide if I would get my 'key deposit' back! I expressed my concern that I didn't feel comfortable about that, and how would I know if she didn't charge me for something that was already damaged? (the place was very old and surely had issues) This is when she blew up again, shoved my money back at me, rudely shouted that she had 'already disputed with me on the phone' (though I never argued with her, I asked her a question and she blew up), then gave me a hateful look, pulled down a small shade over her window opening in the lobby and told me to go away! I stood there frozen, in disbelief, stunned at the horrific treatment, the bad attitude, strange behavior and outrageous temper of this woman, and wondering how such a person could manage to stay in business treating people this way! I see from the reviews I am not the first person this has happened to, and I am sure there are many others who have not come to this site. My opinion is that she puts that coupon out there to entice you to choose her place over another, then comes up with some feeble excuse why you can't use it (if you want smoking/non smoking, she'll say that's not available, if you want two beds, she'll say it's only for one, or as the other person mentioned, change her story if there's an event in the area though it's miles away, etc) The 'key deposit' must have been her way of trying to get the amount she wanted out of the room instead of the price she promised me, and I seriously doubt I'd have ever gotten it back if I had been so foolish as to give it to her. It is my opinion that it's all some kind of game/trick/scam where she uses the too good to be true coupon price to reel you in, but is determined to get more money out of you. If you argue or even question her over the unfairness or the inconsistencies, she explodes and shows herself in public. I assume that if people just shut up, fall for the game and give her the money she wants, she will be happy and smile. I also strongly feel that since this seems to be the case, the coupons are useless and no one should bother to try to use them. I am sure the travel book company does not know this or approve of such tricks and behavior. There is another small motel in the town just down the road, and a larger chain one up on the hill. There are other hotels at the other exits. This place does not deserve your business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country View Inn? Share your experiences!