“Lying Lizard!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fancy Gap
Pennsylvania
“Lying Lizard!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

On several prior trips along the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway I have often stayed here because of it’s close proximity. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit when a rather obnoxious man at the front desk informed me that he had no rooms available. This was around 4:00 PM and there might have been 10 cars parked around the building. I headed to nearby Mount Airy NC to get a room for the night. I sincerely doubted the honesty of the man at the desk so early the next morning before I headed back on the Parkway I headed over to the Days Inn and not surprisingly the parking lot was almost empty. Although out of my way a bit the accommodations in Mount Airy were much nicer so in a roundabout way this lying jerk at the front desk did me a favor.

• Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Where to began. When we checked in the lady was rude first of all. I asked some questions and felt like, the lady looked she could care less about my needs. When arriving to the room, it smelled bad like meldew and sewer. Got ready to take a shower an found a hand towel with some kind a CRAP on it, Big Brown Something on it. Nasty!!! The beds are very uncomfortable, pillows are flat. The rooms are paper thin. There's suppose to be quiet time hours not here. It was nosie all night. After drive 10 hours we wanted to sleep in a quiet hotel. Not here. There is nothing around to find to eat in the area. The next morning apon getting up my kids were playing on the beds and one of them pulled the flat sheet that was suppose a fitted sheet pulled back a found PEE STAINS on the mattress on both beds in the room. Then on my bed there a red stain of some sort. Could'nt explain what. The breakfast room was smaller then my kids room at home. Breakfast was nasty. Frozen food bagels, donuts etc. I contacted the main hotel branch. They told me some one would contact me that day. It took two weeks by mail. I got a reply back, they are sending a check for half back of the room rate. And sent pictures to them, noone said sorry for anything from them. I still have the pics and will post them here. So BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. I did not complain to the front office after the staff was rude.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

This was very close to Rt. 77 and we needed that, got in late. It was a clean Motel and we would stay there again. It is what I expected for the price.

Stayed March 2008
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

We stayed here because we wanted a starting site on Blue Ridge to drive to Asheville, NC. There is nothing "fancy" or even close in Fancy Gap. Front desk sent us to a dive for
dinner. Better to stay a few miles away in Hillsville where are there are several hotels and restaurants, though nothing upscale. No shampoo or conditioner in room. Front desk employee did give me some small bottles that had been previously OPENED.

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2003

My husband and I were in serious a car accident on May 13,2002 on Interstate 77 we spent the night at the Days Inn needless to say we totaled our car. we had no choice but to leave the room a mess (sry about that) clay and glass all over the room. We were not badly injured husband cuts on arm, myself sprained both Knees mostly shaken up and upset,scared. lol My deer meat made it home ok. I want to say thank you to the gentleman that helped us in the things that we needed mostly towels and garbage bags for our things, and plenty of shampoo to get the clay and dirt off us. Thank you again and would recomend your establishment to anyone coming through your area.

Dorothy Painter Woodbury

Been to Days Inn Fancy Gap? Share your experiences!