“One of the best motel I ever stayed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stratford Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falls Church
Stratford Motor Lodge
You added Stratford Motor Lodge to your Saves list
300 W Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22046   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Falls Church
“One of the best motel I ever stayed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

I stayed there 4 days and night during my visit to my grandma in Arlington. The location is very close to the train station so it was very easy to access to DC by train. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was also clean and bright. The heater was automatic which helped me to sleep comfortably. The staff especially that Indian guy was very sweet and very helpfull. I will certainly go there again and would recommend this motel to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Room service sucks. We had a housekeeper enter our room without knocking because the do not disturb sign was not on the door. We were naked. Need I say more? She is still supposed to knock. Housekeeping 101! The excuse was that she did not speak english. What the hell does that have to do with anything? So I told the other housekeeper that since she speaks english and spanish maybe she could explain it to her. Rude! Why r u arguing with the custgomer? Room service gets a big 0.

• Stayed June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed 2 nights wanting to be close to DC without having to travel in on my motorcycle and brave the streets of DC...always a danger with idiotic American drivers who never seem to be able see motorcycles. They are far too busy on their phones (especially women) or eating their lunch whilst driving....absolutely crazy and the cops do nothing!!

I had a very warm and friendly welcome from the charming English lady on reception who was also most helpful.

This is a good location as you have bars and restaurants and cafes within a few minutes walk. The highway straight into DC is 2 minutes up the road.

My room was fine ...clean, as expected for the price and the bathroom clean. No breakfast but that did not bother me as there is an excellent diner right across the stree for brekkie. I slept well as there was no road noise near my room...near reception and ground floor.

All in all I did not experience what others did here and I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Good choice of foods in the immediate area. A big shopping mall up the road as well as a big laundr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This place is utterly disgusting. No bed bugs but the staff was very nice. I did a little research about the corporation and it's basically one of those privately owned places that does the bare minimum to stay licensed and in business, which in turn translates to poor service and even poorer upkeep.. Do not expect any amenities or a smile from anyone here. I used to live in Garadawa, Keita, Niger when I was in the Peace Corps and I'd rather go back there than stay at this place.

Room Tip: Really. Don't stay here. I'm by no means a picky traveler, just some hot water and a bed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

For $70 here, I got what $30 bought me last night in North Charlotte, NC. In other words, it's a basically clean room with a bed, running water, and a TV that works, wood paneled walls, home handyman walls that probably predate the use of sheetrock, and pipes that shriek when the water comes on. A couple of towels, some soap, and the A/C works.

Missing? Depends on what you consider normal. No shampoo, no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, no hair dryer, no wi-fi in the room. There is a closet with wood dowel rod and 5 regular wire hangers -- by God, I could STEAL them! In the room, if it's metal, it's tarnished; if it's fabric, it's dingy; if it's anything else, it was put here in 1972.

This is one funky throwback, but it is in an excellent location! Which is why I am here. Anything else nearby costs a lot more. I used to live a few blocks away, and while the motel may seem sketchy, the neighborhood is very safe. Starbucks is three steps away along with several restaurants. All the main highways are quite close, as are Metro stations.

Anyway, if you aren't the Queen of England and have a sense of humor (as the nice last at the front desk has), and want to save a buck, go for it.

• Stayed August 2011
Koege, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

What do you expect - at 61 dollars per night ? The beds were clean - the bathroom was clean. Quite at night. And please - what else do you need.
We wanted a place to sleep, and got that at a reasonable price.
We were on a road trip in March / April 2011, and tried to find a reasonable (price) hotel in the Washington area. OMG - it was expensive (250-300 dollars a night).
So we drove to Falls Church. Found this motel, not quite sure what to expect.. But were positive surprised. Yes - the rooms are "old", yes - the interior could be more updated, but again - we were not planning on staying in our room the whole time - sleep and then sigthseeing in Washington. And as long there's no bedbugs or other bugs I have to fight with - fine by me
The bus to the station is right outside the motel - 20 minutes to Washington by train (orange line) - perfect.
The pizza-place opposite the motel was ok. Starbucks is your neighbor.
When checking in : You get a "free" bottle of water per person - never had that sevice before. But thanks
But BE AWARE : their cleaning lady has no respect for the "do not disturb" sign, and she turns up at 8:30 in the morning... Knocking on the door.
Otherwise - fine - we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

this motel looks old but the room that we stayed in was not bad. Everything was fine we got a single room backside bottom floor, it was quiet and customer service was good.
i suggest anybody to stay in the non smoking area they are renovated and look good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Stratford Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!