“Excellent location. Good deal.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stratford Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falls Church
Stratford Motor Lodge
Save Saved
You added Stratford Motor Lodge to your Saves list
300 W Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22046   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
“Excellent location. Good deal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Room service sucks. We had a housekeeper enter our room without knocking because the do not disturb sign was not on the door. We were naked. Need I say more? She is still supposed to knock. Housekeeping 101! The excuse was that she did not speak english. What the hell does that have to do with anything? So I told the other housekeeper that since she speaks english and spanish maybe she could explain it to her. Rude! Why r u arguing with the custgomer? Room service gets a big 0.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed 2 nights wanting to be close to DC without having to travel in on my motorcycle and brave the streets of DC...always a danger with idiotic American drivers who never seem to be able see motorcycles. They are far too busy on their phones (especially women) or eating their lunch whilst driving....absolutely crazy and the cops do nothing!!

I had a very warm and friendly welcome from the charming English lady on reception who was also most helpful.

This is a good location as you have bars and restaurants and cafes within a few minutes walk. The highway straight into DC is 2 minutes up the road.

My room was fine ...clean, as expected for the price and the bathroom clean. No breakfast but that did not bother me as there is an excellent diner right across the stree for brekkie. I slept well as there was no road noise near my room...near reception and ground floor.

All in all I did not experience what others did here and I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Good choice of foods in the immediate area. A big shopping mall up the road as well as a big laundr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This place is utterly disgusting. No bed bugs but the staff was very nice. I did a little research about the corporation and it's basically one of those privately owned places that does the bare minimum to stay licensed and in business, which in turn translates to poor service and even poorer upkeep.. Do not expect any amenities or a smile from anyone here. I used to live in Garadawa, Keita, Niger when I was in the Peace Corps and I'd rather go back there than stay at this place.

Room Tip: Really. Don't stay here. I'm by no means a picky traveler, just some hot water and a bed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

For $70 here, I got what $30 bought me last night in North Charlotte, NC. In other words, it's a basically clean room with a bed, running water, and a TV that works, wood paneled walls, home handyman walls that probably predate the use of sheetrock, and pipes that shriek when the water comes on. A couple of towels, some soap, and the A/C works.

Missing? Depends on what you consider normal. No shampoo, no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, no hair dryer, no wi-fi in the room. There is a closet with wood dowel rod and 5 regular wire hangers -- by God, I could STEAL them! In the room, if it's metal, it's tarnished; if it's fabric, it's dingy; if it's anything else, it was put here in 1972.

This is one funky throwback, but it is in an excellent location! Which is why I am here. Anything else nearby costs a lot more. I used to live a few blocks away, and while the motel may seem sketchy, the neighborhood is very safe. Starbucks is three steps away along with several restaurants. All the main highways are quite close, as are Metro stations.

Anyway, if you aren't the Queen of England and have a sense of humor (as the nice last at the front desk has), and want to save a buck, go for it.

• Stayed August 2011
Koege, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

What do you expect - at 61 dollars per night ? The beds were clean - the bathroom was clean. Quite at night. And please - what else do you need.
We wanted a place to sleep, and got that at a reasonable price.
We were on a road trip in March / April 2011, and tried to find a reasonable (price) hotel in the Washington area. OMG - it was expensive (250-300 dollars a night).
So we drove to Falls Church. Found this motel, not quite sure what to expect.. But were positive surprised. Yes - the rooms are "old", yes - the interior could be more updated, but again - we were not planning on staying in our room the whole time - sleep and then sigthseeing in Washington. And as long there's no bedbugs or other bugs I have to fight with - fine by me
The bus to the station is right outside the motel - 20 minutes to Washington by train (orange line) - perfect.
The pizza-place opposite the motel was ok. Starbucks is your neighbor.
When checking in : You get a "free" bottle of water per person - never had that sevice before. But thanks
But BE AWARE : their cleaning lady has no respect for the "do not disturb" sign, and she turns up at 8:30 in the morning... Knocking on the door.
Otherwise - fine - we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

this motel looks old but the room that we stayed in was not bad. Everything was fine we got a single room backside bottom floor, it was quiet and customer service was good.
i suggest anybody to stay in the non smoking area they are renovated and look good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Friends: This is a shabby place, with no accoutrements and bearly inspires any confidence at all for sleeping. Most of all, it is very very far from a metro stop into DC. The walls are very thin, you can hear the next guest cough,.
I booked this place over the phone from California on the recommendation of another hotel I had called that was booked up, to attend the Obama Inauguration, and fearing not getting a hotel I grabbed this when it turned out to be available - once I stayed there I could see why it was so available.

My main question to them from California was whether it was going to be close to the Metro line into DC fo the festivities. They assured me that it was a mere "2 blocks" from the metro. Not True!! It was 2 Miles from the nearest metro stop, and this "untruth" caused me to get off at the designated East Falls Church metro stop from the airport and to have to walk 45 minutes like a fool block after block for those whole long two miles in the freezing cold dragging two heavy bags over broken sidewalk along a down and out highway where there was not a single other pedestrian and no cabs nor busses. I kept calling and asking where they were - had I missed it? But no, they kept assuring me I was " right near there". When I finally got there they told me that it was because I had got off at the wrong metro stop, that it was the Other stop that was 2 blocks away.
Then: I had asked for a quiet room, and found out the manager had wanted me to take an upstairs room on the traffic street- with two heavy bags and there's no elevator - really an unaccommodating attitude! I quickly declined and chose a better room myself.
Once I had installed my self, I called my friends - in front of the Manager who had just assured me to my face that the West Falls Church metro was onl y " Two blocks" away the other way, so I assured my friends I would be with them in short order. But,. Turns out this was more mistaken advice and those other "two blocks" to this other metro stop were actually another two miles away the the other way. I know it was two miles because a cabbie showed me the mileage on the receipt- which I still have. Eventualy I finally just took a cab and realized that the price of the room - $115 a night- was really going to be $135 a night because it was $10 each way to the subway. Oh well. At least it wasn't $ 300 as some places had asked for. The cabbies all told me that many other s who had stayed at the Straftford Motor Lodge have complained about the personnel misleading them about the subway distance also.

Treatment of Guests by personnel. Completely suspicious! They locked us out of our room the last night - when we came in cold and hungry from that subway. I had paid up front and the manager had my credit card number We discussed that I might be staying one more night and she told me I could pay then If I stayed,. So we did stay one extra day, and were running around experiencing this historic occasion, all our stuff was in the room, but since we hadn't actually paid yet--- This same manager locked the room up while we were away - didn't even call my cell which she had to ask if we were going to stay, or ask permission to run the credit card for the extra day, My daughter comes back exhausted and was told she was out on the street because management didn't have their money for the last night! Yikes!They wouldn't take my word nor let her in till she paid up !! Imagine if she hadn't had a credit card on her! That was really shabby treatment, I say.

Accommodations: Minimal. Walls so thin you can hear the next guest cough and hear their TV till late at night. The tiny reception area is so shabby it's scarey. The beds were ok, and the floors were vacuumed. We did wonder, at first though , if there would be bed bugs or something- it just looked so run down so we inspected the sheets. There was tobacco and a piece of cigar cellophane between the sheets on one of the beds when we inspected. The sheets were new, though.

No. I would never stay there again. And I would never recommend this place to anyone-- to stay there as a hotel. What a Pity- because it's really a gold mine of a place.If they cleaned up the appearance and provided shuttle service to and from the metro for their guests, they could make a fortune out of that property because it is right at the tip of a really gentrified area .

So my advice is - buy the property, fix it up, and you've got your retirement made. Just don't stay there til you own it.
Linda Krausen, Los Angeles, CA.

Stayed January 2009

Been to Stratford Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!