“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Toronto, Canada
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

In general, this is a good business hotel. If you want to shop, the shuttle will take you to the Galleria or you can actually walk as it's not that far. If you want to go into the Capitol, the shuttle can take you to the metro.

I could hear a bit of traffic noise and hallway noise through the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Westin Tysons Corner and for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to the Westin brand and wanted to let you know that we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Mark N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I purchased a Groupon for our family to stay here July 5th. The Groupon was for a one night stay for $75 dollars plus tax. We love the Westin Hotels so I was super excited to get in at the low price. The plus side was that the room was clean and comfortable. The down side is that its not up to Westin standards. I am not even sure if they have the heavenly beds. We would have been very upset if we paid more this room however it was a good value for $75.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not allow pets if you are traveling without one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and sharing with us some areas where we can make improvements. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please note that all of our rooms are equipped with the Westin Heavenly beds. m. Please feel free to contact me mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com
We hope you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.
Richmond Hill, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel had mixed reviews when I researched and now I know why. It is definitely not up to spg/Westin standards.

It was very crowded as the rooms are fairly inexpensive. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn with the Holiday Inn crowd. But at 68 dollars a night you get the 68 dollar crowd.

The build is old and in need of maintenance. The hallways are narrow and reminds you of an old apartment building. The housecleaning also needs to do a better job as the bathroom still had hair everywhere and rooms were dusty and had left over papers and wrappers underneath the beds.

The Good:
Beds were comfortable.

The Bad:
Over Crowded
Loud Doors
Loud Air Conditioners
Small Rooms
Dirty (hair, dusty)
Torn Carpets (rm 242)
Dirty Walls
Tiny Elevators

Overall, I would not come back here. Comparable to a old Holiday Inn.

ps. I stayed at the Hilton Tyson's Corner the two nights before. One of the best Hiltons I've ever stayed at. Do yourself a favor and stay there.

Room Tip: Try to get a clean one....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay with us was unimpressive, and we extend a sincere apology from our entire staff. This is a very rare feedback for us to receive. We take your comments very seriously and are assured that each issue that you experienced have been discussed with our management teams. We did participate in a promotional rate for the 4th July weekend and it certainly impacted your Westin experience. Our team will do everything we can to make certain that your future stays with us are memorable, as they should be! We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

SPG Member: Gold

I stayed at this Westin with my girlfriend for a short stay for the July 4th fireworks and some sightseeing. The short answer is that this place is pretty exceptional.

Check-in: Check-in was a breeze. They already had my card keys ready. Given recent issues with other SPG rooms near stairways, I asked if the room they assigned was near one. It was indeed near one and Mehmet very quickly changed it, apologized, and made it very simple for us to get up to our room. Mehmet was awesome. I wish I had more SPG Thank You Certificates - he deserves one.

Service: Mehmet at the front desk was great, both at check-in and check-out. Very professional. A gentleman near the front who was directing taxi and shuttle traffic asked if we were going to the Metro (this was early in the day for July 4th) but he was kind enough to let us know the options and clued us in that parking at the Metro was free on the holiday, so we opted to drive there. Great tip. Everyone else we encountered was an 'above-and-beyond' type of personality. Very refreshing.

Room: We had a perfect room that was clean, appropriately supplied, and quiet. The bathroom was a perfect size and the rainfall shower head was incredibly comfortable. The standard white tea bathroom kit was always welcomed. Free wifi is in each room, which was great.

Common Areas: It was busy, given the holiday weekend, but the areas were all nice and there was always a place to sit.

Parking: Free open lot parking, plenty of space even on the long weekend. I would recommend staying here and then driving to the Dunn-Loring (~2-3 miles away) stop. Riding the subway into the Smithsonian/Monuments was very easy.

Area: There are a ton of nice malls, shops right near the hotel (Bloomingdales, Nordstrom Rack, Lord and Taylor, etc) and some nice mom-and-pop restaurants (we went to Tyson's Corner Bagel Market which is a relatively standard breakfast sandwich shop but interestingly owned by Koreans, with some staple Korean dishes like bulgogi). The hotel is right on the highway and easily accessible.

Overall: Perfect short stay location near the highway and near the Metro for a no-headache way of getting around. Great options for shopping and dining nearby as well as easy access to downtown. Service was impeccable. Would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review about Westin Tysons Corner.
I thank you for your lovely sentiments about our facilities, staff and particularly Mehmet. I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel team.
We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to Westin Tysons Corner.
Best regards,
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

On Thursday July 3rd Hurricane Arthur hit northern Virginia late in the afternoon, knocking out power in our neighborhood and prompting me to search for a local hotel when there was no indication as to when our electricity would get restored. As an SPG Gold member I immediately confirmed availability at the Westin Tysons Corner and after throwing a few things into our suitcases, we packed up and were on our way.

This Westin is not located on a particularly attractive stretch of road - it's on a busy local artery, Route 7, and is very close to the Capital Beltway - however it was a short drive from our home and is obviously a convenient location for the business people who frequent it. At check-in I was able to confirm that I could get an upgrade room (despite only paying $79 for the night) and we were given room 207, a Westin work-out suite with two rooms, a treadmill, balance ball, weights, and pilates/yoga DVD. It was quite spacious and clean, and the bedding, towels and amenities were all the stellar Westin quality that characterizes this brand. The shower had both rainfall and more traditional shower heads.

A few slightly negative observations that did not affect our enjoyment of the room, but might annoy others: the veneer of the coffee table in the
living room was puckered in multiple places, as if water had been repeatedly spilled on it; there was peeling paint (a small amount; could be very easily fixed) on the ceiling of the bathroom; and the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work - so it was a little difficult to remove the humidity after a shower, which undoubtedly has contributed to the peeling paint problem. Oh, and the room was right by both the elevators - which were quiet - and the ice machine, which was only noisy a few times when other guests needed to use it (but other than that the machine was very quiet.)

I used the treadmill in the room and found it very nice, if a bit loud, and the workout room on the lower level, which was well-appointed and clean.

We did not eat dinner at the hotel but did visit the Westin's Starbucks in the lobby, where we had excellent lattes and baked goods. I also sampled the fruit-infused water in the lobby (another lovely Westins attradition) and it was excellent. In fact the only thing I missed in the lobby was the Westins aloe and white tea scent diffuser, which I love.

All in all a very nice, if unexpected, stay. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and the few staff we spoke with were delightful. We'll be sure to return if we have any more unexpected power outages, and I would definitely recommend this hotel for folks coming to the area who want to be near the malls or family in northern Virginia.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. I am glad we were able to accommodate you during the Hurricane and the room upgrade that was provided for you and your family. Service is of utmost importance to all of us at Westin Tysons Corner and I’m pleased you found our accommodations and guest services to be satisfactory. I hope to see you back under better circumstances on your next visit!!
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Everything a Westin should have. Front desk named Estela is extremely helpful. She give me all the platinum perks although i'm just turned gold.
The hotel is at extreme value for holiday stays, definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I will be sure to share your comments with Estela and the rest of the hotel team.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My significant other and I wanted to get away for a weekend and stay close. I figured we would try The Westin in Tysons since it is relatively close to our home. The shopping malls and restaurants were in close proximity as well. Upon our arrival I was greeted with a lovely and accommodating smile from the front desk personnel, Frances Roberts. She was considerate and extremely helpful. We asked for an upgrade (a bigger room), they were not able to accommodate that request; but we were given a free breakfast and a lovely note with a small gift that was left in our room, after our room size refrigerator was delivered. The front desk supervisor, Ifra Ali also called to check on us to see if there was anything we needed. We were treated like royalty. I could not believe how the staff followed up with us to see if there was anything else we needed or wanted. We will definitely go back for another get away in the near future.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room you should request a suite.
Green Features: They had a recyclable bin in our room. Wonderful!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I thank you for your lovely sentiments about our wonderful staff Frances and Ifra. I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel team.
Best regards,
Mark N.

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!