+staff was very professional and friendly
+the room was clean and comfortable
+The clear, clean indoor swimming pool and hot tub had a lifeguard, a locker room and plenty of thick towels.
+++The "heavenly bed" lived up to its name and was super - this is important in any hotel room!
+ +the pillows were perfection
+In room coffee with Starbucks
+In room safe, iron and board
+Full length mirrors
+well lit room
+additional outlets that are at desk level
+ Bellman/porters are very efficient
+ the room colors were easy on the eyes
-Pay for wify in rooms except for weekends when it is free
-A cooling box instead of a refrigerator. If you need a refrigerator, one will be brought to your room for $35.
- No microwave
-The door to our room would not accept the entry cards because the door key reading device needed batteries changed. This was a delay for us. Batteries do need changing, it happens and is hardly a headache, but it is inconvenient. On the plus side, the exceptionally good staff members, without even hearing a complaint from us, apologized for the inconvenience.
- Breakfast and room service available but for high fees. We passed.
- At least one elevator was not engaged. The remaining elevators were slow and full. We waited 30 minutes for one during a busy time- gave up and walked down stairs where we arranged for a Bellman to pick up our luggage at the room. Apparently the Service elevator had no delays. I understand a full house means busy elevators, but not having all elevators operational caused additional delays during our holiday.
-The toilet paper holder is behind the commode. Customers/guests should be physically agile, or take the amount of paper needed first, then use the commode.- Poor design
- No in-room information packet that gives whole hotel information, nor is it available via television. There is a packet on room service and in another spot, there was a folder explaining the cooling box. There is a sign on the bathroom mirror informing folks about an option to rent work out clothes for $5.00, but an overall hotel information packet was not to be found, so guests are left to guess. We asked one staff member about swimming pool hours and were told 9 a.m.-9 p.m. but that was only partially accurate. Those hours are weekend hours. During the week the hours are 6-10 a.m. and 5-9 p.m. We found out when we had to ask another staff member where we could locate the swimming pool. These hours were also posted at the swimming pool door. Getting information should not include a hunt.
Overall: A good hotel with an excellent staff, wonderful beds and clean rooms, but failure to have all doors and elevators working causes delays for guests. How is that caring for the guests? Overcharging for amenities does not make a hotel more endearing or a class act - why pay more for less? There are more competitive hotels in the immediate area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil oasis residing beside our nation's capital, The Westin Tysons Corner is close to many Fortune 500 companies as well as fine shopping, dining, museums, Jiffy Lube Arena and Wolf Trap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Tyson`s Corner Hotel Falls Church
- Westin Hotel Tysons Corner
- Westin Falls Church
- Falls Church Westin