“Great Hospitality!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Hospitality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my first visit to the Westin Tysons Corner and between Arch and Ifra, they made me feel quite welcome at this hotel. They were willing to go over and above to make it an enjoyable visit plus they recognized it was a birthday trip and immediately upgraded my room, gave me a free breakfast and even a credit towards my room. The location is ideal off the Beltway and so convenient to Tysons Corner and Galleria and they brought up a refrigerator and Anthony in Engineering was helpful with getting my ESPN hooked up since I am a self confessed Sports junkie. There was a nice smell in the lobby and it permeated thoughout the building. Lastly, I enjoyed the pool tremendously since I am an avid swimmer and Ifra went out of her way to make sure the lifeguard was present and personally had the bellman open up the door to the pool. That's what I call excellent customer service!

I noticed there is a lot of competition in the area so everyone needs to bring their "A" game if they want the business and it's an upscale part of town. I'll definitely make this hotel my #1 hotel in DC on next visit in May or July and there's a new metro stop scheduled to open next year so that's another plus about this hotel and they run a shuttle service to the adjoining malls. They also give you complimentary water and it was needed after my swimming workouts and they don't charge for parking unlike some other hotels in the area.

Keep up the great customer service and I look forward to my next trip!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beltway can get noisy so stay on the opposite side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Smiling Steve4,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Tysons Corner. We are delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in the Washington DC suburb area. We cannot agree with you more on our prime location. Central to everything you need to do from shopping, business or leisure.

Your comments about the service rally validate what we truly believe about our staff....they are truly our difference maker! We will be sure that your comments are shared with them.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Washington, DC metropolitan area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Westin Tyson's Corner is located in the heart of McLean/Vienna, VA across the street from the regions two malls: Galleria (upscale shopping) and Tysons Corner Center (regional mega mall). It is also in the center of the Tysons Corner "City" with thousands of companies from large to small. Good place, good people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear mdcnyna,
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our prime location in Tysons / Mclean area was convenient for you during your recent visit to the Washington DC metropolitan area. Having the addition of the new Silver line Metro later this year will even add more great reasons to our location for other guests to stay for business, leisure or any occasion in this part of our nation’s capital. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service our staff was able to provide. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Tysons Corner soon!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff at the front desk, breakfast buffet were very professional and attentive. However the hotel room was just ok. Spent 4 nights in 5th floor room facing the interstate. Overall the room was small, not as expected with Westin and small than I usually find with another national brand. Bath again was very typical, nice but not what I would describe as upgraded class. It was clean and all in working order. Breakfast buffet included in the corporate rate, but at listed price was very expensive $18.95+tax and similar to other breakfasts provided at other mid/moderate hotel brands - pastry, oatmeal, saugage/bacon, potatoes and fruit.

I would recommend and advise while it is nice with a great staff, it is not what I would describe as upgraded, upscale rooms as I expected from the name recognition.

Room Tip: Rooms away from interstate highway for less noise Pet friendly, be sure to ask for pet free room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear DeBunny,
Thank you for taking the time to post and for your great praise for our front desk! We appreciate your business and we look forward for another 4 nights on your next visit to the Tysons area. Thank you also for allowing us to be part of your trip and for mentioning our most popular breakfast buffet! We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and insight with others - Best wishes.
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Two friends, my boyfriend, and I stayed at the Westin on a Friday night after planning a trip to DC for the weekend. The first excellent thing Tim at the front desk did was extend our checkout time to 2 pm. Upon checking in and going to our room, we opened the fridge and noticed someone left their food in it. We also opened the ice bucket and immediately got a huge whiff of weed. While the second issue was not the hotel's fault we went back down to the front desk and reported both issues as none of us were looking to get in trouble for having marijuana in our room. Tim at the front desk apologized for both problems and sent someone up in the time it took us to get back to our room with a new ice bucket and coupons for free breakfast the next morning. We ended up staying up all night (we are all in our 20s, total night owls, and were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday) and were not going to be able to meet the 2 pm check out time. After calling downstairs, the front desk extended our check out time to 4 pm. At 3:30 we were checking the room over and noticed our bed's blankets were extremely old and dingy and gross. We alerted the front desk and they immediately gave us a business card and told us to call the next time we want to stay there and they will take care of us. Needless to say, I am very happy with their service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alicia S,
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, as your comments is very helpful in our efforts to continuously improve the guest experience. Thank you also for praising Tim and the staff but we regret the unusual findings in the mini frig and we are as surprised as you were. We have addressed this opportunity with the staff to insure the right training is administered. It is good to see however that you enjoyed the balance of your time with us and that you would stay here again. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to your return visit.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I travel a fair amount and this hotel was extremely nice. However, the front desk staff (Mehmet, perhaps my spelling is wrong) immediately made me and my co-workers feel at home. As we entered the elevator we all three said ... he is a gem, top rate, and perfect at his job.
He was personable, knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, fast, and totally accurate in all he did for us.
I hope management knows what a stellar employee he is!!
Jeanne I

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Imbro,
Thank you for sharing the story of your experience at the Westin Tysons Corner Hotel. We are thrilled that you found our staff to be so friendly and welcoming and took the time to specifically acknowledge Mehmet as he is one of our Outstanding Team Members. We will be sure to express your compliments to him and the rest of the staff. Your wonderful comments about your accommodations and the service levels you experienced have certainly made our day! Thank you again for your gracious review and we look forward to greeting you again very soon.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after spending the day in DC. The rooms were okay and the staff were super friendly. We ate breakfast the next day in the restaurant and though (I believe) the buffet was expensive - the restaurant staff made it up in friendliness. They were so very accommodating and would make you anything you wanted even if it wasn’t on the buffet already.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear LadyJT02,
We are delighted that we contributed to your comfort away from home and in making the visit to our Nation's Capital such a joy. Thank you for your very kind words about our staff and we look forward to serve you again in the near future.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The location is convenient, right near the two Tyson's corner malls and many businesses. Room was comfortable and clean with no noticeable road noise. Gym was clean with everything in working order -- standard machines, weights, and other equipment. I only went to the restaurant for breakfast so I can't comment on the bar or other mealtimes. I'm happy to say the service is far quicker than the Westin in Ballston. Friendly staff and a decent spread for the buffet.

My only complaint is that the front desk staff took a day to resolve the issues with my room information that's required in order to access the WiFi. The name+room # didn't match up, and for some reason it took a while to get that resolved.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Volyblmn,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyable experiences with our staff and service. We appreciate the positive comments about our hotel and the location which is next to one of the largest shopping Malls in the nation. I see that you had the chance to enjoy our most popular daily breakfast buffet as well. We hope to have another opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you also for taking the time to share your comments!

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!