It has been 18 months since I stayed here. The lobby has been remodeled and is nice, but not much else has been upgraded. First, let's talk about the positives. The service staff is friendly and helpful. Free parking. Spacious guest rooms with most modern technology needed to do some work. The bathroom in the guestroom seems to be relatively new and were clean, but was small. The bed was comfortable. The bar is a good place to hang out for a drink or dinner. The fitness center is decent, better than the Marriott but not as nice as the nearby Hilton or Ritz. But, good enough to get a decent workout. Free Starbucks coffee in the room. The breakfast buffet is excellent.
Now for the negatives. The guest rooms are loud, you can hear the traffic from the highway and the ice maker across the hall sounds like a jet engine. The elevators are slow and dated. The carpets and walls in the hallways and guestrooms are dingy and old, possibly 15+ years old.
In summary, this is an OK to stay for a couple days on business. The service and food is excellent, everything else is average. A little disappointing for a Westin property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil oasis residing beside our nation's capital, The Westin Tysons Corner is close to many Fortune 500 companies as well as fine shopping, dining, museums, Jiffy Lube Arena and Wolf Trap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Tyson`s Corner Hotel Falls Church
- Westin Hotel Tysons Corner
- Westin Falls Church
- Falls Church Westin