“Excellent value, comfortable beds, close to Inova Fairfax Hospital” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
nc
“Excellent value, comfortable beds, close to Inova Fairfax Hospital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night with one of my teenage children and my two youngest children. We were visiting a very sick relative at Inova Hospital Fairfax. I chose the hotel due to its proximity to the hospital and because of the hourly shuttle service. The hotel is very attractive and clean, our rate was $89.00 a night which I thought was very reasonable. It looks like a full service hotel but did not have a valet at the door to help us with our luggage or park our car and at first I was disappointed but figured for the rate I probably should not expect it. Check in was easy. The rooms are very comfortable and the bed and sheets were awesome. We had a view of trees and the hotel felt very safe and private. We were very tired due to the stressful nature of our visit and were very thankful. The restaurant food was excellent and we ordered room service late as we got back to the hotel late and the white fish with capers and artichokes was awesome. The food was hot and arrived quickly.
We were very disappointed with the shuttle service. Even though I called the hotel to pick us up at the hospital, they forgot us and we ended up waiting over 30 extra minutes to be picked up. If they had a more dependable shuttle service and a valet at the ready at the front door, our stay would have been perfect for the circumstances. We were afraid our relative had taken a turn for the worse and we were going to have to stay additional days and the front desk was VERY acommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Waitsfield VT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

My reservation was made for a king room on the concierge floor. No kings were available when I checked in. I took a king on another floor, assuming that the concierge privileges would apply. Not so, I was told, by a moderately rude operator.
The Wi Fi should have been free in a $300/night room, but cost $12.95. And didn't work. I complained, had it taken off my bill, and never could get it to work properly.
The bathtub was cracked, the bathmat was torn, there was no hair dryer in the $300 (did I mention that already?) room, which was small and offered a spectacular view of the back roof.
When I went to have lunch at the Ellipsis dining room, I was told--rudely, by a man who barely spoke English, "Closed. Closed. Eat in bar now." At the bar, I was waited on by a woman who spoke NO English. Literally. I ordered a swordfish nicoise salad, which took 40 minutes to arrive, despite the fact that there were only three others in the bar and it was only a SALAD. I ordered a Diet Coke, which was flat. Just water and syrup, no carbonation.
All in all, a frustrating and disappointing experience.
On the plus side, there were no bedbugs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unfortunate set of circumstances you encountered during your recent stay. Paying $300 or $80 a night should not matter as every one of our guests should expect higher standards than the ones experienced during your visit. While the charge for the Wi Fi is company mandated the condition of the room and the service shortfalls you received were not typical of the experiences our guests have enjoyed through the years.
My sincerest apologies again and I hope we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest and creat a more memorable stay for you.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Reasonably close to the DC metro and quite nice all in all in terms of cleanliness, room quality and friendliness of the staff. We had a good deal that included breakfast, which would have otherwise been quite expensive. Convenient for exploring some of the nice rural areas to the west, as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a great place to stay when visiting Washington DC. The hotel is in a corporate park, very wooded and quiet (at least on weekends). But very convenient to highways and the Metro. Our room was a bit small, but very clean. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and offers plenty of seating. The first room had an odor, the front desk gave us a new room quickly and courteously. No problem. If you are going into DC, the Metro is close by. The hotel runs a shuttle or you can park and ride (easy drive). The only thing lacking is free internet.
This was our second stay and we will continue to stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

every thing was excellent definately recomended!!!!!
loved the whole part....great hotel for family, friends kids, or business.. the interior was excellent too. i wish i could go there again and have some fun with my family very time soon.. too good to be true..rate was for $80/night

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Our offices are located in several Northern VA locations and with DC traffic it is difficult and time consuming to have multiple people commute from one place to the other. Therefore we very often book accommodations at the FVPM. We have always booked directly with the hotel and have stayed often enough so that we know the staff by name and are recognized in the hotel. Our experience has been outstanding with very few hiccups. However, in reading several of the other posts it is apparent that there are pockets of excellence and lethargy. It only takes a single person to ruin an experience while it takes significant effort to establish a great reputation. Up until today the FVPM has exceeded my expectations for a upscale business class hotel. The restaurant staff have been outstanding and of a quality that I associate with 5 star property’s. They now know our ordering habits and anticipate our requests. The manager greets us each day of our stay, and the chef has even accommodated the persistent request of one of our staff for Mediterranean fair although this was never expected. It was presented as a surprise one afternoon when the dish was completely unexpected.

However, today, for the first time, I booked a hospitality suite for a meeting and the experience was horrible. I was bounced around 6 people with three people stating “I will not transfer you again; I promise I will take care of you”. I initially called the hotel where I was transferred to reservations, who transferred me to sales, who transferred me to a corporate automated attendant where I was transferred to group reservations (no option for booking a hospitality suite) where I was transferred to a Manager who then transferred me back to the hotel.

After nearly 30 minutes of being handed from person to person I was finally in contact with a person who took my reservation.
The only reason I did not hang up was that after 20 minutes I called the Mason Inn at George Mason University with the intent of booking with them if the Marriott did not pick up and book my room before the Inn could book an accommodation. The Marriott just made it. My recommendation is to book this location for business with the expectation that your event will be handled professionally and without problems but avoid it for a pleasure trip where you are expecting solid 4 star accommodations, service, and attractions on the property. There are many other locations in this price range that have more to offer.
The hotel itself is upper business class (bordering between a low 4 star and a mid 4 star rating) rooms are comfortable and clean. The reception area is spacious and provides for a very quiet lounge where a small group can meet in a quite comfortable environment. The indoor pool is nice and of good size for an indoor hotel facility. Food is good but not great. In rush hour (6 am – 9:30 am) it is more than an hour into DC from this location and if there is an accident on either rt 50 or rt 66 expect much longer delays. Outside of the pool there is NOTHING for the kids. Closest shopping and restaurants are between 2 and 3 miles (Lohman’s Plaza – strip mall has a few restaurants but is NOT a shopping destination). At the intersection of rt. 50 and Annandale rd. is a restaurant named “Present” which at the time of this post is the BEST Vietnamese restaurant in the DC metro area and is ranked in the Washingtonian Magazine as a TOP 100 DC restaurant while prices are $15 - $20 per person without drinks). A short 15 minute trip to Tyson’s Corner put you in the shopping Mecca of Tyson’s Corner. Two very large malls (Tyson’s with about 250 stores + upscale restaurants and a large movie theater and The Galleria with about 100 stores which is very upscale featuring Neiman Marcus, Sacs 5th avenue, and Macy's along with Gucci, Armani, Hermes, etc…)
My advice is that you book here with confidence but if you are given any hassle immediately get in touch with the Manager and make sure they make it right. No one should have to put up with slip shod service in an establishment that stakes its reputation on the service provided.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments. I want to first thank you for patronage of our hotel and your kind comments regarding the staff here. We will certainly share your positive experiences with the staff especially with our restaurant and kitchen personnel. As you mentioned it takes a great team effort to establish a great reputation within the business world but unfortunately it sounds as if we missed an opportunity in accomodating your meeting needs. I would like to apologize for this mishap. We have a successful meetings department and I hope we will have another opportunity to host your guests when you next require some meeting accomodations. Thank you again for your continued business and please do not hesitate to let us know how we may be of service to you.
Royal Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is in a great location - only 10 minutes from DC (about $30 cab ride) and they provide a free shuttle to the Metro which was convenient and saved money. The hotel lobby is very inviting and they have a nice restaurant with great food. The pool and spa area was worth checking out - a nice spa room with sauna, hot tub and indoor/outdoor pool. We had was a corner room which was a good size (but a little cramped) but clean and well maintained. We requested a fridge during our reservation and we were surprised that they actually brought one up for us even though they said they can't guarantee. The bellman was very helpful and provided good tips. Actually we found all the staff to be professional and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was up to date with nice toiletries and amenities. It's what you'd expect from a Marriott but even better because of the price! Parking is free and in a good location - we felt safe. I'd definitely stay here again especially if traveling to DC. You can expect quality and professional staff. No surprises which is always good!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!