“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Got this room at the last min. Excellent room and more than I was expecting. Quick check in and check out. Friendly staff. New to the area and depended on trip advisor and the reviews. I was not disappointed. Come to depend on trip advisor to help me with my hotel selections.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. Many of outlets provided for electronics, although no free wi-fi. Room layout was a little unusual. The television is located on the left hand side of the wall, which is awkward when laying in bed but other than that, it was great. The front desk was very accommodating during our stay, check in and check out were a breeze. We weren't able to take advantage of the pool during our stay, but it looked very nice. Free parking was a plus! I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This property is close to tysons corner which has lots of nice shopping and restaurants. The staff there is staff especially N Hager. She was very helpful and went above and beyond to provide good service. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Westerville, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a great hotel. It's a little far from D.C., but it was very beautiful and enclosed with trees. The hotel has a connected indoor/outdoor pool, huge gym, and was overall very nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We asked them for a few items and they ran it up within 10 minutes. There is a shuttle that leaves every hour from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. We got on at 7:30, got to the station by 7:40 and we were at the Smithsonian stop in D.C. by 8:20. There is a Starbucks really close by, so we got coffee before hopping on the shuttle. We got back to the metro station at Dunn Loring by 11:40 and the the shuttle took us back to the hotel. The hotel has a few nice touches such as offering fruit flavored water in the lobby and free wi-fi in the lobby. We got the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning for $14.99 and it came with Belgian waffles, omelets and lots of other items... very good. We were very pleased. The hotel was very inexpensive considering how great a place it was, and how easy it was to get to D.C. We paid $90 a night, and booked with Booking.com.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great location. Excellent layout. For me it was hit and miss in terms of service and room cleanliness. While restaurant/bar service was friendly and efficient, other areas of service such as front desk lacked that personal touch. Room was generally clean and we'll appointed but bathroom showed lack of cleanliness and A/C unit kept on making a whistling noise every time it came on. Kudos to the chef for excellent food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your Food and Beverage experience and I will certainly pass along your compliments to the team. We will certainly address those areas that you've pointed out for improvement and I appreciate your giving us that opportunity to do so.
Ft. Bragg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had an excellent weekend stay at the Falls Church Marriott. The associates when above and beyond to ensure my stay was spectacular. Chris (front desk associate) when out of his way to meet all of my needs and exceeded my expectations during this visit. This is an excellent Marriott property, well maintained, great Northern Virginia location, excellent associates.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at this Marriott for a couple of weeks this year...and the more time I spend there - the less I like it. There are so many little things which don't make any sense and which tells me that they don't understand the needs of frequent travellers ..

- they advertise the bar/restaurant is open until midnight; if there is no crowd they sometimes close it at 11 PM. When you come back form dinner and there is still staff around, they give you "the option" to order room service in the bar area - "room service charge" included ( meaning they add 20% etc..)...

- the computer for boarding pass print was repeatedly broken and it is just frustrating waiting in line for a broken computer until the guests have finally figured out that it doesn't work

- the restaurant is pricey - especially for the quality of food

- breakfast is pretty standard...meaning below courtyard level...no omelette station..the rest is average or below average...I guess you can order from the staff/menu - but that is always a hassle

- this place is poorly managed, the staff not motivated; for example ..there are actually ladies roaming the place all night and "dusting" something....therefore the title "house of the walking dead"

- the few supervisors I talked to don't really have a clue about travellers' needs and expectations

- rooms need update'; the rooms smell...all looks worn and bad taste.

- small things like toothpaste..they are still living before 9/11 in the nineties...if I ask for toothpaste, please give me enough for my stay..make it available for purchase...dont give me the little squeeze out things; reason I dont have any is not that I am cheating - I cant get it through security in a carry on !

- same with shaver...if I ask for one , I probably forgot one...make it available for purchase and dont give me the cheapy ones that dont even last for one shave
- how about just stocking the little marketplace next to the front desk properly and keeping it stocked ?

- there is something seriously wrong with the whole breakfast process...it starts with the interior...they have some nasty and filthy white curtains hanging down...some greek style cheesy pillars....goes together with the typical Marriott corporate property upgrades...they started traditional in the 80ies and gave it a contemporary "lift" a few years back...a few bucks short of a consistent design..then there is so much staff roaming around...dont know what is going on there...it is never busy on top..

- if you ever need to talk to their accounting department ( billing questions / itemized receipts ) - forget about it ! They never call back, never respond etc...( actually ..I did get a response around 2 weeks later )

The only person in that place who provides consistently excellent service is the Cambodian lounge lady in the VIP room...may be she needs to take over the management of that place..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your observations regarding our hotel. While it is disappointing to see that we could have done a better job of meeting your expectations, I am glad that you've given us a chance to work on those items. We will certainly work on the items that you've highlighted. We are happy to give away complimentary personal items when you need them, and we will also be happy to provide them in our shop as well. I'm sorry for the confusion about the restaurant--we should have done a better job of clarifying that we offer the option of ordering off of the restaurant menu in our lounge area if desired, with no additional service charge. And we love to make omelettes to order every day of the week. I appreciate the opportunity to improve and hope that we will see you again soon.

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!