“Great hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott is very nice. Great location right off 495. Staff was extremely nice. Restaurant was good too. Only complaint was the beds. They were tough to get comfortable in. Would recommend this hotel overall!

• Stayed July 2013
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us earlier this week. I appreciate the kind words about our staff and restaurant. I am sorry to see that your bed was uncomfortable and that we were not able to rectify it while you were here. We will certainly do so on your next visit! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Other than well hidden and difficult to find, the hotel exceeded every one of my expectation. The check in staff was fast, friendly and courteous. I was most impressed with Sung who went out of his way to make check in very pleasant and fast in addition with helping me with another task simultaneously. The room was very spacious and luxurious. Room service was fast and the entree was hot and deliciously. The dessert appears to be frozen straight ouf of the freezer and Costco but every else is very good. Woke up late , so didn't try the free breakfast but overall very happy stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that we seemed hard to find. Being in a park like setting has it's advantages, but we don't want to be hidden! Thank you for the kind words regarding Sung and the team. We are happy to see that you benefitted from his service. Thank you also for the feedback on our food items. We will review that and I am confident you will see improvements on your next visit.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed staying at this Marriott. First of all, the lobby and entrance are stunning and very well decorated. The staff at the front desk during the afternoon and mornings was pleasant and friendly. But my favorite part about the place was the king bed room! It's almost like a suite and quite spacious because the room is separated into the bathroom/vanity area and the sleeping area. All the furniture looked new and the room overall was very clean. The vanity area had granite countertops and the bathroom even had a cool timer on the light switch so you could time your shower.

For breakfast, I headed to the downstairs cafe where I was greeted by a friendly staff on duty and the cafe had a good selection of breakfast items.

The only downside for me was that there was no complimentary WiFi in the room or in the cafe area. If this hotel is targeted towards business travelers, then they should include complimentary WiFi. Other than that, the stay was great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for the kind words. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the confusion over the internet question. We do provide free Wi-Fi in our lobby and food and beverage outlets. Please let us know on your next stay if you have any trouble logging in from any of those places. We look forward to seeing you then!
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Attended a conference nearby. Room was clean, comfortable and water pressure in shower was excellent. However would think twice about staying here if I wanted to spend much time in DC. I paid almost same price in Georgetown for comparable hotel last year - For a hotel some 30 to 40 minutes outside the city, I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our go to hotel in the DC area. We have been staying at this hotel yearly for about 12 years and this visit was outstanding. Comfortable room with nice decor and extremely clean. Bathroom is a nice size but I wish they stocked more bath towels.
We booked a AAA rate that included breakfast. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Food was fresh and a nice selection. My daughter loved all the fresh fruit.

The only negative about this hotel is the customer service. No one seems happy to be working their. When on vacation you really want to see a smiling face which never happened. This was with almost everyone we encountered throughout our stay.

We love the pool area which is always clean and never too crowded. They have a life guard on duty and the hours are good. It's nice to be able to hit the hot tub after a long day on your feet touring the sites. Life guards were annoying. I put my towel down to help my daughter and within 2 seconds he was trying to take it. He also yelled at my daughter to stop running when she simply was walking while holding my hand. I know they are trying to keep people safe but it was too much. Basically if you did anything other then stand in the pool you were yelled at.

Again, this is a great hotel for people who want to visit the DC area but be away from the crowds of saying in town. If they worked on their customer service it would be rated 5 stars.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for you observations from you recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that our lifeguards were not as helpful as they could have been. While we certainly take safety very seriously, we should have done so in a better way. We will work to improve this immediately. I look forward to your next visit and I'm confident you will see a better result!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here one night because we were attending a pageant at the hotel. We stayed in a room with two double beds and the room was on the small side. I wish the beds were queen-sized and a little more comfortable. Not the best night of sleep I've had at a hotel. The A/C seemed to go off at night so we were sweating and burning up in the middle of the night so I had to get up to lower the temperature in the room. Room service also ended like at 10:30pm on a Sunday night over Memorial Day weekend -- that was a huge disappointment, especially since my kids were hungry. I've never stayed at a Marriott that didn't offer room service late into the evening. Our only option was a pizza delivery place the front desk suggested but the food was soooo greasy.

On the plus side, they did have the fridge and extra towels that I requested in my reservation already in our room when we arrived. And the rate I got included 5000 bonus Marriott points so that was a sweet deal!

I'd only stay here again because the pageant we attended is held here every year and it's more convenient to spend the night instead of driving home late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments and observations. I apologize that we didn't do a very good job of living up to your expectations on this stay. We certainly have the ability to adjust the temperature in each room and perhaps we could have done a better job of this during your stay. Also, while we don't usually have much demand for room service after our 11 p.m. closing time, you make a great suggestion that maybe we keep it open longer for next years' event. We will certainly look into that, and I thank you for alerting us to it. I am happy to see that you found value in the Rewards promotion as well! We look forward to seeing you (and providing a better result) next year!
Crestwood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Attended a conference near this hotel and this hotel proved excellent. It features clean, comfortable rooms and a very friendly, energetic staff. Breakfast proved excellent as did the lounge. Easy to use internet access. Lastly, the exercise facility proved outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us! It is good to see that the internet access was easy to use, as we have just changed to a new provider. I also thought you would be interested to know that we are adding some new exercise equipment to the health club over the next few weeks. I hope you will have the chance to try it out on your next visit. We look forward to then!

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!