“Comfortable, Elegant, and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Boston
“Comfortable, Elegant, and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed staying at this Marriott. First of all, the lobby and entrance are stunning and very well decorated. The staff at the front desk during the afternoon and mornings was pleasant and friendly. But my favorite part about the place was the king bed room! It's almost like a suite and quite spacious because the room is separated into the bathroom/vanity area and the sleeping area. All the furniture looked new and the room overall was very clean. The vanity area had granite countertops and the bathroom even had a cool timer on the light switch so you could time your shower.

For breakfast, I headed to the downstairs cafe where I was greeted by a friendly staff on duty and the cafe had a good selection of breakfast items.

The only downside for me was that there was no complimentary WiFi in the room or in the cafe area. If this hotel is targeted towards business travelers, then they should include complimentary WiFi. Other than that, the stay was great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the confusion over the internet question. We do provide free Wi-Fi in our lobby and food and beverage outlets. Please let us know on your next stay if you have any trouble logging in from any of those places. We look forward to seeing you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Attended a conference nearby. Room was clean, comfortable and water pressure in shower was excellent. However would think twice about staying here if I wanted to spend much time in DC. I paid almost same price in Georgetown for comparable hotel last year - For a hotel some 30 to 40 minutes outside the city, I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our go to hotel in the DC area. We have been staying at this hotel yearly for about 12 years and this visit was outstanding. Comfortable room with nice decor and extremely clean. Bathroom is a nice size but I wish they stocked more bath towels.
We booked a AAA rate that included breakfast. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Food was fresh and a nice selection. My daughter loved all the fresh fruit.

The only negative about this hotel is the customer service. No one seems happy to be working their. When on vacation you really want to see a smiling face which never happened. This was with almost everyone we encountered throughout our stay.

We love the pool area which is always clean and never too crowded. They have a life guard on duty and the hours are good. It's nice to be able to hit the hot tub after a long day on your feet touring the sites. Life guards were annoying. I put my towel down to help my daughter and within 2 seconds he was trying to take it. He also yelled at my daughter to stop running when she simply was walking while holding my hand. I know they are trying to keep people safe but it was too much. Basically if you did anything other then stand in the pool you were yelled at.

Again, this is a great hotel for people who want to visit the DC area but be away from the crowds of saying in town. If they worked on their customer service it would be rated 5 stars.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for you observations from you recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that our lifeguards were not as helpful as they could have been. While we certainly take safety very seriously, we should have done so in a better way. We will work to improve this immediately. I look forward to your next visit and I'm confident you will see a better result!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here one night because we were attending a pageant at the hotel. We stayed in a room with two double beds and the room was on the small side. I wish the beds were queen-sized and a little more comfortable. Not the best night of sleep I've had at a hotel. The A/C seemed to go off at night so we were sweating and burning up in the middle of the night so I had to get up to lower the temperature in the room. Room service also ended like at 10:30pm on a Sunday night over Memorial Day weekend -- that was a huge disappointment, especially since my kids were hungry. I've never stayed at a Marriott that didn't offer room service late into the evening. Our only option was a pizza delivery place the front desk suggested but the food was soooo greasy.

On the plus side, they did have the fridge and extra towels that I requested in my reservation already in our room when we arrived. And the rate I got included 5000 bonus Marriott points so that was a sweet deal!

I'd only stay here again because the pageant we attended is held here every year and it's more convenient to spend the night instead of driving home late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments and observations. I apologize that we didn't do a very good job of living up to your expectations on this stay. We certainly have the ability to adjust the temperature in each room and perhaps we could have done a better job of this during your stay. Also, while we don't usually have much demand for room service after our 11 p.m. closing time, you make a great suggestion that maybe we keep it open longer for next years' event. We will certainly look into that, and I thank you for alerting us to it. I am happy to see that you found value in the Rewards promotion as well! We look forward to seeing you (and providing a better result) next year!
Crestwood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference near this hotel and this hotel proved excellent. It features clean, comfortable rooms and a very friendly, energetic staff. Breakfast proved excellent as did the lounge. Easy to use internet access. Lastly, the exercise facility proved outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us! It is good to see that the internet access was easy to use, as we have just changed to a new provider. I also thought you would be interested to know that we are adding some new exercise equipment to the health club over the next few weeks. I hope you will have the chance to try it out on your next visit. We look forward to then!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel three times over the years, because its location allows us close proximity to friends residing in Fairfax and Arlington. It is also an easy commute into Washington, and provides access to the highways and turnpikes which take us shopping, sightseeing and eating. The hotel itself is located in a lovely commercial park, well treed and very peaceful. It has an expansive and attractive lobby and grounds, attentive personnel, an excellent dining room for breakfast, free parking indoors and out, free wireless, lovely rooms with nice views, and a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. It has a large and inviting bar. It is very clean. The wait staff, in particular, are excellent. As a conference venue, it can, and does, get lots of traffic on the weekends, but this eases during the week, and has never disturbed our quiet enjoyment in our rooms. The location is perfect for our needs. We look forward to staying at this hotel when we visit the area. My only complaint this time is that the pillows were rather too plump for my liking, although my family thought they were just fine - a small, and very subjective quibble.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the trees.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the comments. I am very happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectation and that you found our wait staff to be excellent. Thank you also for letting us know about the pillows--we will be certain to check them this week! We look forward to your next visit!
green4859
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott because my niece was in a pageant at this hotel. The room was average. It's nice and clean but just average. The room we stayed in was a double bed and I find it to be small. I've stayed at better Marriott hotels. I really don't have any complaints since it was just an overnight stay and really didn't need anything from the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn
#9 of 17 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!