“Great Conference Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Great Conference Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Attended a conference near this hotel and this hotel proved excellent. It features clean, comfortable rooms and a very friendly, energetic staff. Breakfast proved excellent as did the lounge. Easy to use internet access. Lastly, the exercise facility proved outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us! It is good to see that the internet access was easy to use, as we have just changed to a new provider. I also thought you would be interested to know that we are adding some new exercise equipment to the health club over the next few weeks. I hope you will have the chance to try it out on your next visit. We look forward to then!

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel three times over the years, because its location allows us close proximity to friends residing in Fairfax and Arlington. It is also an easy commute into Washington, and provides access to the highways and turnpikes which take us shopping, sightseeing and eating. The hotel itself is located in a lovely commercial park, well treed and very peaceful. It has an expansive and attractive lobby and grounds, attentive personnel, an excellent dining room for breakfast, free parking indoors and out, free wireless, lovely rooms with nice views, and a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. It has a large and inviting bar. It is very clean. The wait staff, in particular, are excellent. As a conference venue, it can, and does, get lots of traffic on the weekends, but this eases during the week, and has never disturbed our quiet enjoyment in our rooms. The location is perfect for our needs. We look forward to staying at this hotel when we visit the area. My only complaint this time is that the pillows were rather too plump for my liking, although my family thought they were just fine - a small, and very subjective quibble.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the trees.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the comments. I am very happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectation and that you found our wait staff to be excellent. Thank you also for letting us know about the pillows--we will be certain to check them this week! We look forward to your next visit!
green4859
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott because my niece was in a pageant at this hotel. The room was average. It's nice and clean but just average. The room we stayed in was a double bed and I find it to be small. I've stayed at better Marriott hotels. I really don't have any complaints since it was just an overnight stay and really didn't need anything from the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was a lot nicer than we expected. We got there Memorial Day weekend so of course it's packed. We got the double bed room which was small but cozy. The bathroom was pleasantly bigger than we expected. Internet is free on the weekends which helped out because of the kids. The pool was really neat because it is an indoor pool that connects to the outside pool via a passage through the glass wall. Pool was clean and always had a couple of lifeguards. Staff was very courteous and accommodating. There the miss teen Philippine America pageant going on also so it was pretty busy. The only reason I say almost perfect is because I called a day prior to have a mini fridge put in my room and it was not there when we arrived. Then when they brought it to the room it was banged up and still had a styrofoam cup in it. Then it didn't get cold till a day later. We would definitely stay again. I forgot to mention it is located in a secluded area which is also a business park. This was very nice because the only traffic was to the hotel. They had the cheapest rate in all of the DC area so I was really hesitant but very glad we stayed. Great family friendly place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your observations of your stay with us last week. It was certainly an action packed weekend for many, and I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay! Our pool is a great amenity, and it is good to see that you found our rate to be competitive. I am sorry that we provided a refrigerator that was in unacceptable condition. We will certainly address this and correct! We hope we will see you again soon!
noblesville, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I, and several friends from high school from across the country, met here for our friend's wedding. This place was AWESOME. The rooms were very comfortable. The lounge area was perfect for hanging out and catching up. The staff was very friendly. Also the complimentary shuttle to Metro-Rail was nice so we did not have to drive and find parking in the tourist areas. We would not hesitate to stay here again when we're in the D.C. area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to have been able to host your mini-reunion, and I hope that we will see you all again soon for the next one!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in May. During this time we also had two corporate events we put on in the ballroom space of the hotel. The property itself is in very good shape, is nicely secluded, or at least has that feel, and is still conveniently located right off the beltway. Rooms are what you should expect in this type of hotel, nice beds, bathrooms, and flat screen TV. The staff seemed friendly and professional. Same is true with the event staff. Jason Piasecki was our main contact and he was always close by if we needed anything. The food for our events was very good, and several of our guests commented on that. Just be aware that in both the rooms and ballrooms there is a lack of cell coverage - especially if you want to use your data plan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. I appreciate the kind words about Jason, the staff and the food. We will be sure to share your observations with them! I apologize for the spotty cell reception you encountered. We are currently making some upgrades as well as changing our vendor (this weekend), so I hope you will notice the difference on your next stay!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was greeted very professionally by Ms. babette. Nice young lady inside out. Saturday afternoon staff were clueless to platinum members & didn't bother much! Mr. Oscar, the shuttle driver tried his best to make everybody happy. His services & patience are most appreciated. Internet is a disaster! Old & very costly (49 cents a minutes) who does that at this time?! I didn't bring my computer so I had to depend on the concierge lounge PC which closes on weekends. I couldn't finish my work till I went to Courtyard Marriott a mile away from the hotel to enjoy this service! After all, I enjoyed my stay & I thank the front desk & the elipse restaurant people for a fine service. gave it 4 out of 5 due to the inconvenient internet system.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for recognizing some of our associates. I am sorry for the concerns with the internet and our afternoon staff. Regarding the internet access, we charge a flat daily rate from our guest rooms, and offer free internet in our lobby/public area. In addition, we are also changing our internet provider this week, and I am confident the you will see a difference on your next stay!

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!