“It was a good stay but not the best stay at a Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
green4859
“It was a good stay but not the best stay at a Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott because my niece was in a pageant at this hotel. The room was average. It's nice and clean but just average. The room we stayed in was a double bed and I find it to be small. I've stayed at better Marriott hotels. I really don't have any complaints since it was just an overnight stay and really didn't need anything from the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was a lot nicer than we expected. We got there Memorial Day weekend so of course it's packed. We got the double bed room which was small but cozy. The bathroom was pleasantly bigger than we expected. Internet is free on the weekends which helped out because of the kids. The pool was really neat because it is an indoor pool that connects to the outside pool via a passage through the glass wall. Pool was clean and always had a couple of lifeguards. Staff was very courteous and accommodating. There the miss teen Philippine America pageant going on also so it was pretty busy. The only reason I say almost perfect is because I called a day prior to have a mini fridge put in my room and it was not there when we arrived. Then when they brought it to the room it was banged up and still had a styrofoam cup in it. Then it didn't get cold till a day later. We would definitely stay again. I forgot to mention it is located in a secluded area which is also a business park. This was very nice because the only traffic was to the hotel. They had the cheapest rate in all of the DC area so I was really hesitant but very glad we stayed. Great family friendly place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate your observations of your stay with us last week. It was certainly an action packed weekend for many, and I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay! Our pool is a great amenity, and it is good to see that you found our rate to be competitive. I am sorry that we provided a refrigerator that was in unacceptable condition. We will certainly address this and correct! We hope we will see you again soon!
noblesville, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I, and several friends from high school from across the country, met here for our friend's wedding. This place was AWESOME. The rooms were very comfortable. The lounge area was perfect for hanging out and catching up. The staff was very friendly. Also the complimentary shuttle to Metro-Rail was nice so we did not have to drive and find parking in the tourist areas. We would not hesitate to stay here again when we're in the D.C. area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to have been able to host your mini-reunion, and I hope that we will see you all again soon for the next one!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in May. During this time we also had two corporate events we put on in the ballroom space of the hotel. The property itself is in very good shape, is nicely secluded, or at least has that feel, and is still conveniently located right off the beltway. Rooms are what you should expect in this type of hotel, nice beds, bathrooms, and flat screen TV. The staff seemed friendly and professional. Same is true with the event staff. Jason Piasecki was our main contact and he was always close by if we needed anything. The food for our events was very good, and several of our guests commented on that. Just be aware that in both the rooms and ballrooms there is a lack of cell coverage - especially if you want to use your data plan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. I appreciate the kind words about Jason, the staff and the food. We will be sure to share your observations with them! I apologize for the spotty cell reception you encountered. We are currently making some upgrades as well as changing our vendor (this weekend), so I hope you will notice the difference on your next stay!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was greeted very professionally by Ms. babette. Nice young lady inside out. Saturday afternoon staff were clueless to platinum members & didn't bother much! Mr. Oscar, the shuttle driver tried his best to make everybody happy. His services & patience are most appreciated. Internet is a disaster! Old & very costly (49 cents a minutes) who does that at this time?! I didn't bring my computer so I had to depend on the concierge lounge PC which closes on weekends. I couldn't finish my work till I went to Courtyard Marriott a mile away from the hotel to enjoy this service! After all, I enjoyed my stay & I thank the front desk & the elipse restaurant people for a fine service. gave it 4 out of 5 due to the inconvenient internet system.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for recognizing some of our associates. I am sorry for the concerns with the internet and our afternoon staff. Regarding the internet access, we charge a flat daily rate from our guest rooms, and offer free internet in our lobby/public area. In addition, we are also changing our internet provider this week, and I am confident the you will see a difference on your next stay!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

...well I did. Everything inside the hotel was exactly the same; nice lobby, courteous staff, clean room. This time I stayed in a double/double guest room instead of the king guest room. It was small just like the time before, but still exceptionally comfortable. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. There is still not enough room for toiletries in the shower (in other words please add some sort of shower shelf, they are pretty cheap). The internet was free since I was a rewards member. One change since last time is that I went up to gold status, which means free breakfast. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the coffee was even better. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid for the breakfast buffet on my previous visit. Keep up the good job and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your observations and congratulations on achieving Gold Elite status! I am happy to see that our breakfast buffet exceeded your expectations. We anticipate renovating our guestrooms later in the year, so hopefully you may see some changes in the rooms by early next year! We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again!
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Falls Church as I was on business in Washington. The hotel is around a half hour car ride from Dulles airport and cost $50 single trip.

First impressions of the hotel were good, the lobby was inviting and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. Check in was a breeze and within minutes I was in my room.

The room was generously sized and was spotlessly clean. I didn't think the room was particularly luxurious and I think the bathroom let it down which is why I am scoring a 4 instead of a 5. That being said, the shower was exceptionally powerful and hot, just what you need after a hard days work.

On my first night I ordered room service, it cost me $35 for a fruit platter and a steak salad which I thought to be pretty reasonable, it was delicious, 10/10.

I got the best night's sleep ever at the hotel, the bed was so comfortable and I wasn't disturbed by any neighboring guests.

Another reason I marked the hotel a 4 is because the wi-fi wasn't free and cost £12.95 per day. In this day and age you'd think wi-fi would be free right?

Overall a great hotel, thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay. I very happy to see that you found your room service meal to be a good value. Our mattresses were replace a little while back, so it is great to see that you were able to get some good rest while you were here! We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!