“This place was perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Noblesville, Indiana
“This place was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I, and several friends from high school from across the country, met here for our friend's wedding. This place was AWESOME. The rooms were very comfortable. The lounge area was perfect for hanging out and catching up. The staff was very friendly. Also the complimentary shuttle to Metro-Rail was nice so we did not have to drive and find parking in the tourist areas. We would not hesitate to stay here again when we're in the D.C. area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to have been able to host your mini-reunion, and I hope that we will see you all again soon for the next one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in May. During this time we also had two corporate events we put on in the ballroom space of the hotel. The property itself is in very good shape, is nicely secluded, or at least has that feel, and is still conveniently located right off the beltway. Rooms are what you should expect in this type of hotel, nice beds, bathrooms, and flat screen TV. The staff seemed friendly and professional. Same is true with the event staff. Jason Piasecki was our main contact and he was always close by if we needed anything. The food for our events was very good, and several of our guests commented on that. Just be aware that in both the rooms and ballrooms there is a lack of cell coverage - especially if you want to use your data plan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. I appreciate the kind words about Jason, the staff and the food. We will be sure to share your observations with them! I apologize for the spotty cell reception you encountered. We are currently making some upgrades as well as changing our vendor (this weekend), so I hope you will notice the difference on your next stay!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was greeted very professionally by Ms. babette. Nice young lady inside out. Saturday afternoon staff were clueless to platinum members & didn't bother much! Mr. Oscar, the shuttle driver tried his best to make everybody happy. His services & patience are most appreciated. Internet is a disaster! Old & very costly (49 cents a minutes) who does that at this time?! I didn't bring my computer so I had to depend on the concierge lounge PC which closes on weekends. I couldn't finish my work till I went to Courtyard Marriott a mile away from the hotel to enjoy this service! After all, I enjoyed my stay & I thank the front desk & the elipse restaurant people for a fine service. gave it 4 out of 5 due to the inconvenient internet system.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for recognizing some of our associates. I am sorry for the concerns with the internet and our afternoon staff. Regarding the internet access, we charge a flat daily rate from our guest rooms, and offer free internet in our lobby/public area. In addition, we are also changing our internet provider this week, and I am confident the you will see a difference on your next stay!
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Falls Church as I was on business in Washington. The hotel is around a half hour car ride from Dulles airport and cost $50 single trip.

First impressions of the hotel were good, the lobby was inviting and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. Check in was a breeze and within minutes I was in my room.

The room was generously sized and was spotlessly clean. I didn't think the room was particularly luxurious and I think the bathroom let it down which is why I am scoring a 4 instead of a 5. That being said, the shower was exceptionally powerful and hot, just what you need after a hard days work.

On my first night I ordered room service, it cost me $35 for a fruit platter and a steak salad which I thought to be pretty reasonable, it was delicious, 10/10.

I got the best night's sleep ever at the hotel, the bed was so comfortable and I wasn't disturbed by any neighboring guests.

Another reason I marked the hotel a 4 is because the wi-fi wasn't free and cost £12.95 per day. In this day and age you'd think wi-fi would be free right?

Overall a great hotel, thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay. I very happy to see that you found your room service meal to be a good value. Our mattresses were replace a little while back, so it is great to see that you were able to get some good rest while you were here! We look forward to your next visit!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to another Marriott close by first and once when I went out my gps took me to the other hotel again. It's tricky to get to..you see it but have to follow instructions because you won't get to it otherwise.

It was a large full service Marriott but the front desk felt like a smaller property. They were personable, attentive and easy going. That was nice.

The rooms are standard Marriott. The lobby is nicely decorated with dark reds and flamboyance (not typical Marriott) The food in the restaurant was really good. I ordered dinner 2 nights and it was good.

Nice easy to get to garage parking

Isolated in a corporate business area but once there it was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about the confusion over "Fairview Park" and "Fairfax". I apologize for that. Sometimes GPS systems can be confusing as well, particularly with all the construction and changes on Rt. 495 recently. We are always happy to send out printed directions, just call us at any time at 703-849-9400 and we'll be happy to help. I appreciate your letting us know.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My middle school band group spent a few nights here while in Washington. This place was decent, and was about 30 minutes from the city. I would recommend staying here if you don't want to stay in downtown. The location is great because you can come from 495 to here without going through a traffic light. HOWEVER, the downside was that the hotel wifi is $12.95, which is quite expensive. Overall fantastic in terms of location.

The rooms are not very large, just to let you know.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which floor you are on. The hotel has 4 elevators (I think). My room on the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We got off on the wrong foot with this hotel, but by the time we checked out we were fans. After checking in late on a Friday night after driving in from West Virginia my husband and I are laying on the bed. He asks me if I spilled something on the bed. I didn't. There was urine on the bed. The bed had been made seemingly on top of a wet urine spot. We called down to the front desk and they didn't question us or give us a hard time, they immediately put us in another room which was even a larger room! Their handling of the problem was perfect. As we discovered throughout the four nights we stayed, the staff here know a thing or two about amazing service!

But the great things about this hotel do not end there! Complementary parking was a great amenity, allowing my husband and I to each bring our cars (we had to leave at different times). The complementary shuttle to the Dunn Loring Metro Station was so convenient, running twice an hour from about 7am until 9:30pm. Finally, the pool and hot tub were very nice. When it is warmer out, the outdoor pool is open and connects directly to the indoor pool.

We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for our kind words regarding our service and the good value you found in our amenities. I am alarmed to see that your room was anything but perfect and I apologize for this. I am also encouraged to see that you discovered that we are one of the very few remaining hotels in this area that do not charge for parking, and I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of that. I hope we will see you again soon when the outdoor pool is open!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn
#9 of 17 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!