“Great hotel!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
wales
“Great hotel!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Falls Church as I was on business in Washington. The hotel is around a half hour car ride from Dulles airport and cost $50 single trip.

First impressions of the hotel were good, the lobby was inviting and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. Check in was a breeze and within minutes I was in my room.

The room was generously sized and was spotlessly clean. I didn't think the room was particularly luxurious and I think the bathroom let it down which is why I am scoring a 4 instead of a 5. That being said, the shower was exceptionally powerful and hot, just what you need after a hard days work.

On my first night I ordered room service, it cost me $35 for a fruit platter and a steak salad which I thought to be pretty reasonable, it was delicious, 10/10.

I got the best night's sleep ever at the hotel, the bed was so comfortable and I wasn't disturbed by any neighboring guests.

Another reason I marked the hotel a 4 is because the wi-fi wasn't free and cost £12.95 per day. In this day and age you'd think wi-fi would be free right?

Overall a great hotel, thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay. I very happy to see that you found your room service meal to be a good value. Our mattresses were replace a little while back, so it is great to see that you were able to get some good rest while you were here! We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to another Marriott close by first and once when I went out my gps took me to the other hotel again. It's tricky to get to..you see it but have to follow instructions because you won't get to it otherwise.

It was a large full service Marriott but the front desk felt like a smaller property. They were personable, attentive and easy going. That was nice.

The rooms are standard Marriott. The lobby is nicely decorated with dark reds and flamboyance (not typical Marriott) The food in the restaurant was really good. I ordered dinner 2 nights and it was good.

Nice easy to get to garage parking

Isolated in a corporate business area but once there it was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about the confusion over "Fairview Park" and "Fairfax". I apologize for that. Sometimes GPS systems can be confusing as well, particularly with all the construction and changes on Rt. 495 recently. We are always happy to send out printed directions, just call us at any time at 703-849-9400 and we'll be happy to help. I appreciate your letting us know.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My middle school band group spent a few nights here while in Washington. This place was decent, and was about 30 minutes from the city. I would recommend staying here if you don't want to stay in downtown. The location is great because you can come from 495 to here without going through a traffic light. HOWEVER, the downside was that the hotel wifi is $12.95, which is quite expensive. Overall fantastic in terms of location.

The rooms are not very large, just to let you know.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which floor you are on. The hotel has 4 elevators (I think). My room on the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We got off on the wrong foot with this hotel, but by the time we checked out we were fans. After checking in late on a Friday night after driving in from West Virginia my husband and I are laying on the bed. He asks me if I spilled something on the bed. I didn't. There was urine on the bed. The bed had been made seemingly on top of a wet urine spot. We called down to the front desk and they didn't question us or give us a hard time, they immediately put us in another room which was even a larger room! Their handling of the problem was perfect. As we discovered throughout the four nights we stayed, the staff here know a thing or two about amazing service!

But the great things about this hotel do not end there! Complementary parking was a great amenity, allowing my husband and I to each bring our cars (we had to leave at different times). The complementary shuttle to the Dunn Loring Metro Station was so convenient, running twice an hour from about 7am until 9:30pm. Finally, the pool and hot tub were very nice. When it is warmer out, the outdoor pool is open and connects directly to the indoor pool.

We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for our kind words regarding our service and the good value you found in our amenities. I am alarmed to see that your room was anything but perfect and I apologize for this. I am also encouraged to see that you discovered that we are one of the very few remaining hotels in this area that do not charge for parking, and I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of that. I hope we will see you again soon when the outdoor pool is open!
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. The hotel was nicely maintained with free "covered" parking. There was a nice restaurant and a separate bar, but we did not use either. The interior pool also looked nice and was busy during our stay, but did not appear overcrowded (outdoor pool was still closed for the winter season). The staff was very friendly and courteous to our needs. They made sure that the shuttle which took us to the Metro each day (runs every hour on the 1/2 hr.) would run an extra run or a later than normal run due to the Festival. Have to get to the shuttle early because it does fill up quickly. Told it's only about $10 taxi ride to the Metro if you can't wait or too late for return (last shuttle at 9:30pm). The Wifi in the room was fine, but I heard pricey on a daily basis (included in our room rate through hotels.com). Overall, it was a nice stay, not much in the immediate area (corporate park), but convenience stores approximately 15 min car ride.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and that you were able to see our nation's capital when the cherry blossoms were out! I am also glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our free parking and shuttle service to Metro. Hopefully we will see you again soon when the outdoor pool opens!
Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my family in April 2013 on our way to a destination farther south. We had just visited my sister-in-law who lives in the area, and this location was very convenient. Typically, we stay at another Marriott property closer to her home, but since we were headed south, we decided to stay somewhere a little closer to the I-495/95 corridor.

In general, the property and room were commensurate with the quality I have encountered and continue to expect at Marriott. The front desk staff was friendly, and the check-in process went smoothly. We stayed in a standard room with two double beds, which was probably a little bit smaller than many properties, not that it's a negative, but just my first observation upon entering the room. More importantly, the beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. My stepson was impressed with the complimentary tea available. He doesn't give compliments too often!

The negatives were fairly minor. Parking in the garage, and then finding your way to the front desk was a little confusing, maybe adding a wayfinding reassurance sign between the wall separating the Ellipse restaurant from the exterior wall of the facility itself would help. We also found that there weren't enough towels in our room for the three of us, but that proved only to be a minor inconvenience. The bathroom could probably use a stronger ventilation fan since the hot shower created condensation which caused water to drip from the ceiling. Again, these were really minor issues - but the management may want to look into the ventilation fans just from a mold prevention perspective. Note: I did NOT see any mold here...just wanted to make that clear... an ounce of prevention and all...

Since I am a Marriott Rewards member, I did not have to pay the fee for wi-fi access. Just something for those who are not members to consider. It's kind of crazy in this day and age to pay for this sort of service.

This was an enjoyable property, and I would stay here again..

Room Tip: Offload your luggage before parking in the parking garage, otherwise, you'll have to haul it alm...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated off of main highway in wooded business park area with plenty of free parking (not valet). The lobby is large and upscale -- it is clear the hotel is devoted to the corporate traveler and large events with conventioneers throughout hotel while we were there. Luggage and valet service was not offered -- we wheeled our luggage to room ourselves and parked. We could see there were several dining options near lobby but did not eat at hotel -- we arrived at a cafe (it looked similar to a food court) a few minutes after their breakfast hours one day; even though there were no customers, they would no longer serve breakfast items on menu. Apparently, a wheelchair accessible room was booked for us even though we had no need for this -- (we wondered why shower was on the same level as the bathroom floor until we realized). On the whole, a very nice hotel with clean, comfortable bed but a step below luxury. No snack bar or water or ice in room; coffee provided. We would stay there again when visiting family nearby for price and location -- just 15-20 minutes from DC, Alexandria, Arlington.

• Stayed March 2013
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel in Falls Church, VA. I am glad to see that you found the free parking to be valuable. However, I regret that we were not able to assist you with your bags upon arrival. It looks like you found the food court that neighbors the hotel, and I'm sorry they were not flexible with your requests. Those restaurants typically do a better job of responding, and our hotel will try to address your concerns to them. We will look for you again when you next visit, and thanks again for your feedback!

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!