“i love this marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Marco Island, Florida
“i love this marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

i’m a marriott fan and a platinum member-for-life. I don’t just say it’s great without a truthful opinion. for example, I hated the marriott town suites on sydney marcus blvd in Atlanta…. a hooker’s paradise.

But, If you are staying in northern Virginia, or plan to visit Washington, DC, this is the place to stay. You will need transportation since it’s not close to the metro. Plan a 20-30 minute drive into DC from the location but it’s a straight shot down I-66 into the district. lovely location almost hidden away in an upscale tree lined corporate park. rooms and lobby have been updated and I must say that the mattresses are wonderful. Best sleep I have ever had at a hotel.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding and well worth the price. ask to sit with dawn, a terrific waitress who has been with marriott for 30 years. And a big thank you to patrick hanley who is the assistant rooms manager for insuring we got the refrigerator, extra pillows and a high floor that we requested. great employees!

We travel to the DC area often and we always choose the fairview park marriott. suggest you stay as well. highly recommended. honest!

Room Tip: great hotel if you are in the washington, dc area
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your gracious words about your experience with our hotel. I love to hear about our associates exceeding expectations, and I appreciate your mentioning of Dawn and Patrick doing just that. I will be sure to formally recognize their hard work as a result. I am also happy to see that you were able to enjoy our new mattresses. We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a month ago, booked via Priceline so I probably got a room for about 80%off from the rack rate. Standard rooms are clean but a bit small for the extremely high rack rate. Beds are not terribly comfy, and pillows seem hit-or-miss; ours were too firm to make for an easy falling asleep. Was nice to have sink separated from toilet & shower. We requested a fridge + microwave (they must be requested in advance or else you may not receive them - they are free of charge). The fridge made a hideous buzzing noise that made it even more hard to sleep. Lobby has free wifi which is very spotty, so good luck. I can't believe this hotel charges for room wifi.
Checkout via TV was a convenient, quick option. There is an indoor pool but it looks slightly sketchy - it connects to an outside section which is blocked off in winter, and it looks quite old and tired. Gym is attached to pool area and is OK-sized with adequate equipment for a hotel of this size. Bar/lounge is usually quiet and looks quite cosy.
Overall we received good customer service but the hotel itself isn't thrilling for a Marriott. Bottom line, don't pay full price; I'd only stay at this hotel if you win it on a Priceline bid for a good price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was your typical suburban Marriott, a bit dated but complete with why you expect. We requested early check in, high floor and extra towels, none of which were available. Not really an issue, room service for dinner was prompt and acceptable quality. The issue was with the morning breakfast. They stopped seating people in the main dining room to get ready for their Easter brunch. The problem was they failed to tell anyone this and the line outside the sign that said "please wait to be seated" grew longer and longer but there was no hostess, manager or representative from the restaurant available. After waiting a half hour I went to the front desk to ask what was happening as there were tons of free tables but no one was being seated. She told me they were closing the dining room or the Easter brunch. Wow, how unprofessional and rude to have guests standing around without any notice. We went back to the line and was told by the wait staff to just grab a table in the lounge. We did this and to our surprise the restaurant manager, who was missing in action the entire time, came by to complain at us that we were supposed to wait in line as if we weren't for the last 35 minutes. Thank goodness for a competent front desk representative who agreed to give us a credit for the breakfast portion of our package so we could eat elsewhere. Needless to say not the Easter breakfast we had hoped for and shocked at the lack of planning and communication on the part of the restaurant management. I expected more professionalism from the Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Only downside to stay was the amount of groups that stayed. High school tours three nights and large convention going on rest of time with different tour groups in and out. So noisy. And with large groups elevators were often packed with waiting line. Very good food at hotel and service was prompt. Manager on duty was very courteous.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My worse Marriott experience EVER. My family and I drove 4.5 hours from NC arriving here almost at 2 am, only to find out they didn't have any double bed rooms left (note I made reservations way ahead of time). So we were force to get a king bed room with a family of 4 adults. We asked them for 2 roll out beds which they couldn't do, we asked them for extra blankets which they couldn't do. We were exhausted and tired from our drive and were hoping to get a good night sleep but it was not the case. Melissa from the front desk that night was extremely unhelpful, unfriendly and rude.We will never stay at this location ever again.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your disappointment with your stay. I am very sorry to see that we did not take very good care of you on this stay. We certainly would like to try to "make it right" and I hope that you will contact us directly so that we may do so.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel is great, 20 minutes to D. C., quiet treed area. Has been renovated and indoor pool is excellent. Major complaint is room size, they seem small, with a King bed and a rollaway, little room to move. Overall, though one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards Elite member and try to stay at Marriott properties when I can because they are usually very nice, have good staff, are clean and well-kept, and have very nice amenities. The Fairview Park was no exception. It was very nice and provided the luxury I have come to expect from Marriott. It was clean, modern, and quiet. The staff were mostly helpful and pleasant. The bar and restaurant were very nice with good selections, good food, and decent prices. The bar area was a little loud even with only a few people in it which made conversation difficult. Internet in rooms and lobby/bar was easy to connect and fast.
My biggest complaint was check out. The day I was to depart, I was about 1 mile away in a conference until noon so I requested a 1 hour late check out (normal time is noon) so I could come back, take a quick shower and change clothes before heading to the airport. As an Elite member, this is supposed to be a perk. But, the hotel denied it stating "we have a big group coming and aren't allowing any late check out." I found this to be very inconsiderate and inconvenient and also against what is clearly stated as a reward for Elite members. I also found it to be bad business considering I spend thousands of dollars annually at Marriott properties and had just spent nearly $1400 that week. I really didn't think 1 hour was too much to ask, but I guess that is how Marriott has chosen to treat an Elite member. I think I will start spending my money at Hyatt. And, by the way, I was in the lobby unitl nearly 3pm and didn't see any large numbers of people checking in.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are big and have large windows on 2 walls. Very nice views and lots of sunshine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed to see that, while you seemed to have a good stay with us, we certainly didn't finish on a good note. I apologize for that, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to show you that we are a better hotel than you saw in this visit. I hope that you will contact us so that we can make it right!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn
#9 of 17 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!