“Nice hotel, terrible service.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
“Nice hotel, terrible service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My worse Marriott experience EVER. My family and I drove 4.5 hours from NC arriving here almost at 2 am, only to find out they didn't have any double bed rooms left (note I made reservations way ahead of time). So we were force to get a king bed room with a family of 4 adults. We asked them for 2 roll out beds which they couldn't do, we asked them for extra blankets which they couldn't do. We were exhausted and tired from our drive and were hoping to get a good night sleep but it was not the case. Melissa from the front desk that night was extremely unhelpful, unfriendly and rude.We will never stay at this location ever again.

• Stayed April 2012
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your disappointment with your stay. I am very sorry to see that we did not take very good care of you on this stay. We certainly would like to try to "make it right" and I hope that you will contact us directly so that we may do so.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is great, 20 minutes to D. C., quiet treed area. Has been renovated and indoor pool is excellent. Major complaint is room size, they seem small, with a King bed and a rollaway, little room to move. Overall, though one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards Elite member and try to stay at Marriott properties when I can because they are usually very nice, have good staff, are clean and well-kept, and have very nice amenities. The Fairview Park was no exception. It was very nice and provided the luxury I have come to expect from Marriott. It was clean, modern, and quiet. The staff were mostly helpful and pleasant. The bar and restaurant were very nice with good selections, good food, and decent prices. The bar area was a little loud even with only a few people in it which made conversation difficult. Internet in rooms and lobby/bar was easy to connect and fast.
My biggest complaint was check out. The day I was to depart, I was about 1 mile away in a conference until noon so I requested a 1 hour late check out (normal time is noon) so I could come back, take a quick shower and change clothes before heading to the airport. As an Elite member, this is supposed to be a perk. But, the hotel denied it stating "we have a big group coming and aren't allowing any late check out." I found this to be very inconsiderate and inconvenient and also against what is clearly stated as a reward for Elite members. I also found it to be bad business considering I spend thousands of dollars annually at Marriott properties and had just spent nearly $1400 that week. I really didn't think 1 hour was too much to ask, but I guess that is how Marriott has chosen to treat an Elite member. I think I will start spending my money at Hyatt. And, by the way, I was in the lobby unitl nearly 3pm and didn't see any large numbers of people checking in.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are big and have large windows on 2 walls. Very nice views and lots of sunshine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed to see that, while you seemed to have a good stay with us, we certainly didn't finish on a good note. I apologize for that, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to show you that we are a better hotel than you saw in this visit. I hope that you will contact us so that we can make it right!
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and seemed very well trained. The buffet breakfast was included and was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your observations and I am pleased to see that you had a great stay. Our free parking and breakfast inclusive packages are indeed a great value! We look forward to your next visit!
Newington, Ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed there for a family event and found the staff very helpful; the food decent and the service not lacking; the room was more than adequate; Free parking and a shuttle service to metro to Washington; it took us about half hour by car to go downtown DC. Expect traffic.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott member, ask at the desk if a room is available for a free upgrade ; maybe you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
piney flats
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and i spent two nights here recently and I must say it is probably the nicest hotel we have stayed at. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and seemed very well trained. The buffet breakfast was a bit pricey but again the best hotel breakfast ever. Our only complaint--$12.95 per day charge for wi-fi service. We have never had to pay for wi-fi before. Still, we will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. It is great to see that our team took good care of you during your stay and that you enjoyed breakfast! I am sorry about the internet access concerns. However, you may be interested to know that we do provide free access from our lobby and restaurant areas. Hopefully that may help during your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed at this property twice now and stayed in two different classes of rooms a traditional double queen and the upgraded king corner suite.
The good
The lobby, bar, and restaurant are modern, clean,and bright. The staff was great and the breakfast is great for those who choose to pay ($15) unless your a Gold+ Marriott Rewards Member. Has two work out rooms with plenty of space, pool, and sauna.
The bad
The niceties stop there. The rooms are small and barely above Hotel 8 quality. You only get a tiny banged up mini fridge and microwave if you ask. The shower/restroom is very poorly lit, those with bad eyes will have problems making their way around. The lavatory counter space is so small around the sink you must choose between having your ice bucket or in room coffee pot on the counter, and if you choose either of those there is no room for your toiletries.
Even my upgrade corner king suite that had more SQFT had the same barebones furniture and the same size lavatory and dark shower. It looked like an empty bedroom. TV''s are not HD and do not have true HDMI or Component inputs. The HDMI inputs are 480P up-convert and do not carry audio, you must use a 3.5mm headphone jack for that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!