“Nice hotel, good rate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Northern VA
“Nice hotel, good rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night after getting a pretty decent deal of $95 on priceline. I went on priceline yesterday morning and got the deal. I'm wondering if I could have bidded lower, but based on rooms being in the $200 and $300 range in this area, I think we did well. We were just trying to be geographically closer to a doctor's appointment. Front desk staff was very friendly and extremely effecient. Our room only had one washcloth and no dirty clothes/laundry bag, but it was very clean. Also it was a little on the small side, but not complaints. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. It was also nice to stay somewhere where you could park for free and not have to pay another $20-something for valet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that your found it to be a great value. I regret that we failed to provide you with a laundry bag, and we will certainly correct that. I am also pleased to find that you liked the fact that we do not charge for parking, which is becoming a rarity in this area! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice hotel. Good rooms, good food. Missed a tea kettle (I am not a coffee drinker) and also missed room-sippers. Good service, good staff. Thanks. That is all I have to say (even though it is less than 200 words)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. I am glad to see that you liked the room and food. I also appreciate the suggestion of slippers and tea kettles. We will certainly give that some consideration as we move forward.....Please let us know when you next visit, and we will be happy to provide!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Again, another stay, another smile! This was my second time at this hotel (a year apart) and it did not disappoint!! I asked for the highest floor available with a great view...and I got it! I was able to get an early check in as well!!

Had the romance package, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room within 15 minutes of us checking in.

Everything about the hotel is great...except the pool area. I'm not sure if it was closed or not, but the view from the window down to the pool area did not look appealing to me. :-/

Other than that, I can't wait to come back to this hotel in the spring, maybe we can enjoy the grounds area and the pool then with the little ones!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms ;-)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your observations about our hotel. I appreciate your giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special day, and I am happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations upon your arrival. Our romance package is a nice value, and I am glad you took advantage of it. I am sorry to see that you were disappointed in our outdoor pool appearance. However, our indoor pool is open for business! I would love to speak with you about this concern to make sure I understand, because we want it to be perfect for your spring visit! Thanks again.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am at the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church this weekend for $70 a night. I am on the Concierge floor (16) just down from the lounge. It is not open of course, but it will open Sunday night. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Omelette bar, fresh berries, nice pastries, two kinds of sausage (pork or chicken), crispy bacon, lox, pancakes, waffle maker, and fresh juices. I like grapefruit juice and it is usually canned or cocktail variety, but this appeared fresh.

Very nice bar area as well. Try the Chipotle Chicken strips.

It is rainy this weekend, but there is a free garage attached to the hotel. Seems like a very nice property. Rooms are older, but of decent size. I have a corner room, so I am not sure what the regular rooms look like.

Not much around the hotel as it is in a business park (CSC across the street), but it is just off RT 50 at the I-495 intersection. Plenty of options on RT 50 just up the street. You really need a car here. No sign of any public transportation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding our breakfast buffet. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant as well as our hotel in general. I am also glad that you were able to keep dry in our free covered parking garage with all the bad weather we've had lately! I also wanted to let you know that there is public transportation that serves the hotel, either by bus service (in front of the hotel entrance) or via our complimentary shuttle to the Dunn Loring Metro station nearby. Thanks again for your observations, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I used to work in Fairfax County for almost 10 years and now travel to Fairfax for work several times a year. I usually stay at a hotel a few miles down US 50 towards Fairfax City. This trip, I was meeting with someone who had booked a room at the Fairview Park Marriott, so I decided to give it a try. All I can say is I wish I had been staying here all along. The staff gave me a very warm welcome and was very helpful. From the front desk, to the bartender, waitstaff, and housekeeping, I felt very well taken care of. The price was amazing - much much less than the hotel I usually stay at. Plus the amenities and food are much better. My room was nice and clean, the bed and bedding were fresh and comfy, nice fluffy towels - all in all, a great place to stay. My only complaint is the fitness center - it was freezing cold, and there is limited equipment. I belong to Gold's Gym, and there is a facility nearby, so for me it wasn't too much of a problem

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at the Fairview Park Marriott with my family on our way up north. Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed. As a Gold Elite member, I have stayed in a lot of Marriott properties and I have a high standard. The common areas are very nice and modern, as others have remarked. However, the room we were given, a "parlor suite" had a pull-out wall bed that was not comfortable (woke up with a backache). We had cots delivered for the kids and they were much worse with springs protruding. The room, while very spacious, had several stains and did not appear to be clean. The furniture, though upscale, was tattered and tired. This suite was considered an "upgrade" but felt like a downgrade.

The worse part of the experience was the pool/hot tub. The hotel has a ridiculous policy prohibiting anyone under 18 from using the hot tub. Honestly, I've never come across this at another Marriott and the pool was too cool for a comfortable swim. Needless to say, my kids were very disappointed.

There were some positive aspects to our stay. The food in the restaurant was very good, especially the buffet breakfast and we received complimentary h'orderves and breakfast due to concierge lounge being closed. The staff were polite and the parking was free. There was complimentary cider in the lobby. Finally, I got a great rate for the room (day after Christmas). But I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money for this hotel. So if you get a great rate, it's worth a consideration. Otherwise, there are better choices.

• Stayed December 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent four nights here visiting Washington DC with my family of 7. Had two rooms. Each was well appointed to the usual Marriott standards but smaller in size compared to other Marriotts. Hotel is located an easy 30 minutes drive from Washington DC with plenty of restaurants near-by. Ample free garage parking is a huge plus, especially when it is snowing! Indoor-outdoor pool is decent sized and staffed with a life-guard, apparently a county or state requirement. Kids were not allowed in the hot tub (must be over 18 yrs old). Which was really needed since the pool was kept at 75 degrees!!! (was told one of the pool heaters had been broken for several months). This hotel also also FREE self serve laundry. A huge benefit especially when travelling with kids. Concierge lounge was stocked with usual drinks and rotating appetizer chiices nightly (Sunday to Thursday nights). Breakfast was scrammbled eggs with a meat item with oat meal, cereals, fruit, yogurt, and toast/muffins. Room service was quick and tasty. Price is usual for in room food service. Overall, a great hotel that worked perfectly for my family. Will return here when visiting this area again.

• Stayed January 2013