“Corporate Hotel with Free Shuttle to DC Metro” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Atlanta, GA, USA
“Corporate Hotel with Free Shuttle to DC Metro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Another of many well run, large, corporate Marriott hotels. Romm was very pleasant, nice lobby, helpful staff. There is a free shuttle on the half hour to area corporations and the DC Metro. Overall good hotyel in a location that provides easy accessto the DC Metro.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. It is great to see that you found value in our shuttle and our proximity to Metro. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I spent 2 nights here on a weekend and had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff, especially Jonathan, were quite friendly and helpful in making this Platinum member's weekend relaxing. The hotel has an indoor pool and 2 fitness areas, the larger one closes at 11 PM, the smaller one is open 24 hours/day. I also partook of the buffet breakfast and was quite satisfied since they had smoke salmon as one of the items on offer. Finally, parking is complimentary, unlike its sister hotel at Tysons Corner which is only approximately a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and Jonathan from our front desk. I will be sure to share your comments with him! I very happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our great breakfast buffet as well as the free parking.

We look forward to your next visit.
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights (Friday - Wednesday) in early October. This is a nice property. The lobby is large, updated, and well maintained. Front desk staff are satisfactory and effective, but not the warm and fuzzy types (at least not the ones we encountered). The rooms are nice, on the small side (but that's expected in this area). The location is great if you have a car - right off the Beltway (I-495) and Rt 50; convenient to routes to areas. Hotel restaurant is pretty but overpriced (as expected). We paid weekend rate for the first 3 nights (a good value for the area) and then used Marriott Rewards points and e-reward for the 2 weeknights. So a good value. And parking is free!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. It is great to see that you were able to get a great weekend rate as well as take advantage of your Rewards points for this stay. We agree that this, combined with free parking, is a great value in this area! We want our team to strive to be better than satisfactory, so thank you for letting us know! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Believe this was my second time in the hotel. Overall, it is a good hotel, I did have a minor issue in that the non-smoking rooom smelled like cigarette smoke in the bathroom. I think it was probably a ventilation issue and m entioned it to the front desk as I checked out. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable, They will charge for internet wifi. I did not see an in-room safe. The hair dryer was in the closet with the iron/ironing board.

Room Tip: The rooms at t6eh end of the hall appear to be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our Falls Church hotel. I apologize for the cigarette smell that you found in the room. Our hotel is entirely non smoking, and I regret that your room was not completely fresh and ready for you. I am confident that future stays will have better results. When your travels take you back to this area, I hope that you will contact me directly and I will ensure that we let you try one of our PURE rooms at no additional cost.
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stay here when I'm in the DC area visiting my daughters. It's a very nice hotel in a peaceful location. Hotel looks newer, always very clean and the staff is excellent. Sometimes I arrive late always get a quiet room so I can sleep in a bit. Weekend and holiday prices are a superb value for this level of quality.

• Stayed August 2012
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I am happy to see that we were able to provide a great stay and a great value on the weekends! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to see your daughters!
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel isn't on the metro, but if you have to come to DC on official business I like it a lot. It is a quite location inside the beltway. Free parking and a breakfast buffet that will make your waistline grow quickly. I have found the staff to be friendly - including the food area. When I have to stay more than one night, this is my perferred location - 20 minute drive to downtown.

One drawback is this location hosts quite a few bus tours. I have had to weave myself through many students and at times elderly to get to the elevators. This has happened only a few times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your observations of our Falls Church hotel. It is great to see that you were able to take advantage of our government rate program and that we were able to exceed your expectations. While the hotel is not on Metro, we do offer complimentary shuttle service to the Dunn Loring Metro stop every hour as a convenience. We hope to see you again soon!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

All I can say is they know their business. Staff of the hotel are consistent and they have a very low turnover. You see the same friendly faces all the time. I have stayed at this hotel at least 100 nights over the past four years and they always remember me, even after a long absence. The room sizes vary throughout the hotel. They have several that have wonderful angles and many different suites that will please your need for extra space. The sink counters are a little on the small side but the sink is always separate from the bathroom. The beds are typical Marriott comfortable and the linens are very soft and silky. Of course, the Fairview Park has very high rates during the work week because of where they are located. However, their rates are fabulous on the weekends.

The hotel is in a lovely business park and there is a 2 mile long walking trail that winds through the trees and around a nearby pond. They have a free shuttle every hour to the Dunn Loring Metro station from early morning until late evening.

If you have Marriott status of Gold or above you can enjoy their Concierge Lounge during the week and will receive complimentary breakfast on weekends. For those who do not have this status, breakfast is expensive and I recommend getting something at the Starbucks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!