“Great stay inside the beltway.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Special Rate
Stay three and save!
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boaz, Alabama
“Great stay inside the beltway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have travelled to the DC for years. I can say that most of my stays inside the beltway have been at over priced locations with minimal customer service.

That changed in 2014 when I experience the Governor's House Inn while on my bike to take part in the "Run for the Wall" Memorial Day weekend.

The staff from start to end, owner to the room attendant showed nothing but pure good hospitality. They were not overbearing, simply friendly, seemed to honestly be glad you were there, offering up help whenever they thought you might need it.

Compared to other experiences inside the beltway I found the cost very reasonable for a clean, well maintained room. I had one issue with a shower head, called the front desk and 15 minutes later it was corrected. WiFi was a bit weak.

Because I was riding the bike I always like to be able to see it from my room. Being a one story facility I was able to do just that. Parking was spacious with a well maintained lot.

Eating facilities near by offered a wide range of options. Bentley's next door had a great breakfast.

Those traveling this is not a new facility. HOWEVER, I can tell you I found it to be a great value, comfortable and based on conversation with the owner (FYI, NEVER had an owner take the time to share their vision with me before) improvements are planned and being done all the time to better accommodate their guests.

I have been there twice and will be back again next year.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Back again! My wife will not Le us stat anywhere else. Staff is awesome, price is right and place is great. Location is perfect for seeing the sites. Very central to everything.

Beds are super comfy and rooms are clean. The noise level was not there at all. I slept like a baby. Was there for three nights and we are already planning another return visit.

Love the staff at this place!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room nothing like pictures. Bed was terrible, manager nice to flip mattress since it sagged in center. Carpet frayed and furniture old. WiFi horrible. GM very kind and did her best to get WiFi fixed but repairman said signal in areas of motel weak. I chose this property for price point and reviews but I suggest spending a few dollars more elsewhere. Shuttle driver very nice.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Sorry to learn of the disappointment, the pictures are of our rooms and we don't stage. I will be checking with Gabby to see what happened here, and we will be reaching out to make amends if she hasn't already. While the price point does reflects the condition - the beds are with in 3 years and wifi should have been spot on. I'm really distressed to learn of this. Service, amenities (WiFI) and basics are what we strive to focus on in providing a value to our guests.

Again my sincere apologies on the disappointment and thank you for taking the time to share!

Dave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

don't stay here they will make unauthorized charges to your bank account and then lie about it. traveler beware. get a receipt you'll need it later when you take them to court. I will never stay here again nor will any of my friends. there bad business practice is like this , they would rather rip you off and lie about it and lose 9 customers and gain 184 dollars than to have those 9 customers come here again. ripping off united states veterans on memorial day weekend unbelievable

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Mark,
Typically as an owner my remarks have one of two things to relay - either an apology if my team and I have failed or a thank you for a kind comment. But as a 2 tour combat vet seeing you mention that status makes this an unusual third type of remark - but only because you will understand obviously. Next time instead of running on line and sniveling stand up and ask to speak to someone like you own a ....well never mind. I'm doubting most of your post the more I think about it... Seriously save this violin stuff -if you have an over charge call me and I will correct it.

Halifax, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Ok so I had to go to this area for some training and stayed here primarily because everything else was booked. Interestingly they have a restaurant but it is only open for lunch. Would have been nice to have dinner on site rather than have to go find a place. The hotel was ok. The room was a good size. The beds, fine. I mean it's no 4 or 5 star but the staff was good so I give it the highest I could for in its range. I didn't have any issues save the neighbors were LOUD at all times. Not sure they knew nighttime was for sleeping. Anyway, I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Samantha,
I'm glad you found us and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to give such a good and honest review. Like the review before yours I feel you summarized the property quite well and that's incredibly valuable for folks making a decision where to stay. In the end I hope to have folks who enjoy local hospitality, friendly folks, and a good value for trading off the bling of some newer location. Reviews like this help so much with that!

I am sorry about the noise issues, wish the staff had reacted better to that. They may not have known night time was for sleeping but one of us could have gone and explained it to whoever it was -sorry that didn't happen.

Than you again for staying with us and such a spot on review!
Newburyport, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I do not usually stay in motels but there were absolutely not rooms anywhere and it was a last minute business trip. The rooms were definitely clean. they were outdated and that made them a bit less desirable (I may be spoiled by hotels though). The room did have a fridge and coffee maker which was a plus and the staff was VERY helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Not at the back where there is less safety lightling
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Lisa,
Wow thank you, I truly believe that 3 star rating and your description is perfect for those considering our property (although if value counts please give us a four to boost our rankings on trip advisor Folks). But seriously this was a great post and summarizes what we try to be - a solid two star 1950's Inn providing a great value with 4 star service for a great rate in this market.

Reviews like this are so critical to our guest in choosing destinations -
THANK YOU!

Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is located little bit romoted from Washington DC, but they offer very convenient suttle van to the nearest Metro station, for both sending and picking up. So for the visitors to DC, that is a good choise for not expensive hotel and better transpotation.

The room is simple and the facilities are not new, but the bed is comfortable!
The breakfast is quite simple.

Green Features: very good shuttle van to Metro station, the time is 7:00am-11:00am; 5:00pm-9:00pm
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Jianguo

Thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share your experience. I am often amazed at how much international travel our ole' Inn gets........ A guest mentioned the other day -this building, the restaurant and you walking round shaking hands and pouring coffee its so American it seems staged. Really Makes my day but with translation I always worry folks will misinterpret our lil 2 star Inn and Diner.....

Reviews like this go along way to helping to avoid that!

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing the experience!
Dave & team.

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!