“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Advance, North Carolina, United States
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A cousin who lives locally recommended the Governor House Inn. We were quite pleased. Though it is an older hotel it is immaculate and the people are so friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was excellent with eggs, bacon, waffles plus cereal and breads. We will definitely stay there again. The price? Slightly more than half what we had paid at a chain hotel a few nights earlier.
My only problem is that the water faucets in the tub/shower is very hard to work!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for eight days to visit our nation's capitol. Even though this motel is in the process of upgrading the facilities, they continue to provide clean comfortable rooms. More importantly Inn Keeper Dave, Manager Gabriella and all of the staff were cheerful and more than willing to make our stay enjoyable, including tips on sightseeing and use of the metro system. The Inn is located close to a metro station which is convenient for sightseeing in D.C. and to major shopping at Tysons Corner. Shuttle service is provided a.m. to and p.m. from the station. The shuttle drivers are as friendly and helpful as the guest services staff. Don't waste your money on luxury hotels where nobody cares who you are. Give Governor House Inn a try. We would definitely stay here again.

Bob and Carol S

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From information prior to traveling through checkout, the staff at the Governor's Inn was amazing! We came from California, so were completely unfamiliar with the area and the Metro. One of their staff talked me through getting from Dulles Intl. to the Inn via the amazing DC Metro system a few days prior our trip, which boosted our confidence greatly.
More like staying with friends than at an impersonal hotel.
While the Inn is an older establishment, it was clean with a lot of amenities. It is not a five-star Hilton, so don't expect luxury. It is however, a great home-base for a DC tourist trip.
A shuttle Van is available to take you to and from the East Falls Metro station in the morning and evening. The shuttle driver was even worried about us when we decided to stay late and take a cab back from the Metro!
A free continental breakfast is available as well as an attached full-service restaurant that has a HUGE breakfast menu.
There is a CVS pharmacy and gas station across the street to get snacks and drinks as well as a McDonald's about a block away.
A good WiFi signal is available in the rooms as well as a desktop computer and printer in the lobby.
I simply can't say enough good things about the staff and owner.
Thank you all so much!

Green Features: They have a towel recycle program, so you can keep the same linens from day to day and cut down on washing, as well as separated recycling bins in the lobby for trash.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed there with my three kids for three nights. The room was clean and the beds were nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good. It included coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, cereal, toast, muffins, apples, yogurt, and a Belgian waffle maker. It is easy to take the metro into the city and the hotel offered a shuttle to the metro. I do think the shuttle service could be improved. The van was not big enough to accommodate all guests and we sometimes had to wait for extended periods of time (up to an hour). The wireless internet access was also spotty. It was weak and disconnected regularly. Finally, I would recommend that they add some information in the rooms or lobby about the local area. However, overall, I think that the hotel was a great value and we had a pleasant stay. I would definitely stay there again.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I researched trip advisor and other sites for about an hour before choosing to stay at Governor House in for our DC trip during April 2015. This hotel has great value for the price we paid. We were greeted at check in very warmly and to my surprise a cookie was waiting for me. The room had what we needed. Fridge, cable tv, comfortable beds, complimentary breakfast...For the price I paid I couldn't have been any more pleased. Great place to stay for anyone visiting DC. Just a bit loud outside for us at night though in the 200 room area. That is my only negative.

Windber, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Governor House Inn is a superior hotel for the business traveler looking for the most bang for the buck during an extended stay. Gabriella, the business manager, and her staff are extremely attentive. They treat all their guests with the same level of interest, ensuring from check in to check out that their stay goes well. I recently spent four full weeks in the hotel and received a warm, professional welcome at the end of each day from the clerk at the front desk. And they extended such courtesy to all of their guests. The hotel is conveniently located not only to Falls Church, but also to the Washington D.C. metro area. The hotel and the rooms are well maintained.

Green Features: The staff encourages guests to opt for environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

Dave the manager is a kind and generous sort, and his ethos of unstinting customer service is instilled in the staff, and in the adjacent Bentley's Diner which is jointly owned. I'm English and sworn to secrecy about the kind lengths Dave and his staff went to in order to help me enjoy some Anglicized cuisine. I can't say more as they say they simply could not do it for every homesick European who needs a taste of home. I've stayed at GHI in 2013, 2014 and as I'm writing this review I'm going to be staying there again in 2015 next week. The time I've spent there in numerous visits when added together is several months in total. Obviously if I did not like the place I would not have spent so much time there. GHI is close enough to the DC Metro and has its own shuttle service for anyone needing easy access. I think the shuttle runs hourly. Plus there is fee Wi-Fi, a business support area near reception, free coffee, free breakfast and a morning newspaper to read while you eat it.

Room Tip: The staff will bend over backwards to find the best room for you according to your preferences. All...
Green Features: I don't know about environmentally friendly practices, the place is clean and tidy, and the rooms are cleaned and tidied daily. If you don't want new clean towels then you can save the planet by declining the clean ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Mark,
Thank you for the extremely Kind comments and for taking the time to give us a review- especially for other folks considering us from abroad!

It is great to have you with us every year and we truly feel like your family when your here.
Thank you!

Dave

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!