“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, New York
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed there with my three kids for three nights. The room was clean and the beds were nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good. It included coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, cereal, toast, muffins, apples, yogurt, and a Belgian waffle maker. It is easy to take the metro into the city and the hotel offered a shuttle to the metro. I do think the shuttle service could be improved. The van was not big enough to accommodate all guests and we sometimes had to wait for extended periods of time (up to an hour). The wireless internet access was also spotty. It was weak and disconnected regularly. Finally, I would recommend that they add some information in the rooms or lobby about the local area. However, overall, I think that the hotel was a great value and we had a pleasant stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I researched trip advisor and other sites for about an hour before choosing to stay at Governor House in for our DC trip during April 2015. This hotel has great value for the price we paid. We were greeted at check in very warmly and to my surprise a cookie was waiting for me. The room had what we needed. Fridge, cable tv, comfortable beds, complimentary breakfast...For the price I paid I couldn't have been any more pleased. Great place to stay for anyone visiting DC. Just a bit loud outside for us at night though in the 200 room area. That is my only negative.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Windber, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Governor House Inn is a superior hotel for the business traveler looking for the most bang for the buck during an extended stay. Gabriella, the business manager, and her staff are extremely attentive. They treat all their guests with the same level of interest, ensuring from check in to check out that their stay goes well. I recently spent four full weeks in the hotel and received a warm, professional welcome at the end of each day from the clerk at the front desk. And they extended such courtesy to all of their guests. The hotel is conveniently located not only to Falls Church, but also to the Washington D.C. metro area. The hotel and the rooms are well maintained.

Green Features: The staff encourages guests to opt for environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

Dave the manager is a kind and generous sort, and his ethos of unstinting customer service is instilled in the staff, and in the adjacent Bentley's Diner which is jointly owned. I'm English and sworn to secrecy about the kind lengths Dave and his staff went to in order to help me enjoy some Anglicized cuisine. I can't say more as they say they simply could not do it for every homesick European who needs a taste of home. I've stayed at GHI in 2013, 2014 and as I'm writing this review I'm going to be staying there again in 2015 next week. The time I've spent there in numerous visits when added together is several months in total. Obviously if I did not like the place I would not have spent so much time there. GHI is close enough to the DC Metro and has its own shuttle service for anyone needing easy access. I think the shuttle runs hourly. Plus there is fee Wi-Fi, a business support area near reception, free coffee, free breakfast and a morning newspaper to read while you eat it.

Room Tip: The staff will bend over backwards to find the best room for you according to your preferences. All...
Green Features: I don't know about environmentally friendly practices, the place is clean and tidy, and the rooms are cleaned and tidied daily. If you don't want new clean towels then you can save the planet by declining the clean ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Mark,
Thank you for the extremely Kind comments and for taking the time to give us a review- especially for other folks considering us from abroad!

It is great to have you with us every year and we truly feel like your family when your here.
Thank you!

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

We spent our anniversary in the inn's suite. It was beyond spacious - the square footage of an apartment with all the classic services of a hotel. Great location and the staff are just wonderful! We were greeted every time we entered the lobby and we didn't need to wait for anything. We had breakfast at Bentley's (restaurant next door to the hotel) and they were great as well. It is an old-fashioned diner. Big servings, affordable prices. I would stay at Governor House Inn again and again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Liz R,
Thank you for such a nice and kind Review! We sincerely appreciate your allowing us to host your anniversary and look forward to seeing you again!

Again thank you, as a little independent these reviews are our lifeline.

Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave & Team
North Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

ive stayed here in the past with my boyfriend and the location is perfect. the hotels been around for more than 20 years, under renovation - you can tell that shes getting a new look. the staff is always helpful and the onsite restaurant is delicious and homely. if you're a five star kind of person- this is not the place for you, but if you're a person that can appreciate simplicity and service- THIS is the best place...not to mention the rate!!!

Room Tip: make sure you let them know if your'e a government employee or military.
Green Features: Jessie was amazing and quick about getting us into our room and extending our stay for another day.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Nanado P

Thank you for allowing us to host your visit and for such a nice review! Your words "if you're a five star kind of person- this is not the place for you, but if you're a person that can appreciate simplicity and service- THIS is the best place...not to mention the rate!!! " Really drilled what we are trying to accomplish here.

It is a lot of work especially for my staff, but we love people, we love our lil Brick Inn, and posts like these really mean a lot to the entire team! Thank you for taking the time to share and for a review that will help folks make a good choice when looking for a place in the Nations Capital.

On a final note- especially my Military Brothers and Sisters and families mention at the desk, and in case I'm lucky also if I'm around so I can say hello!

Thank you again for the review and hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I'm not sure how this faded old motel does so well on TripAdvisor. Travelers must have a very tolerant standard for what deserves a 4 or 5 rating. I disagree with the average.

Quite simply, the room I stayed at in this motel was worn out and tired. It had mildew on the ceiling of the shower, rust on the bath vent, a bath heater that looked dangerously out of date, a dirty ceiling near the grate of the heat vent, a door latch that was missing a screw, and an ever present faint smell of cigarettes that probably has been embedded since 1986, complete with vintage orange cigarette burn marks permanently stained into the bath sink area. The walls were thin. The lampshade was cracked and drooped from its lamp. The clothes iron was missing its spray nozzle. This room was the equivalent of a worn out car on a used lot for $999.

I won't be totally negative. The linens were clean.

The staff is quite friendly, I agree with other reviewers about that. However the friendliness of the staff could never outweigh the low quality of the room. I don't understand the 4-circle average rating. Perhaps there are better rooms than the one I received. Perhaps others paid much less. Buyer beware and be sure to read reviews carefully.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway for less road noise. Traffic is heavy in front of the motel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Apologies for the experience and late response this one was a bit of a puzzle.
We by far make it clear we're not the ritz...and feel confident for a 2 star property that we are one of the best values in the neighborhood. That is unless you got the room you did..............

Again my sincere apologies, we've put a lot of work in getting her back up in running since taking over last year, but still have about 2 dozen rooms that I do not consider rentable. Utilizing the pictures I finally located the room you received and can't apologize enough. It is one of the rooms we have not even worked on yet that must have slipped back in to rentable status for a couple days.

I hope you will reach out in advance of the next trip and allow me to personally make amends for this, I'm especially disappointed the staff didn't take care of this while you were here, with rehabbing an older property we have a lot more risks of things breaking or errors than a new shiny box. This is why I charge a $90.00-$100.00 or so while the competition is usually $150-200.00, and count on my team to fix any issue immediately. But with a room like that and no one catching it before you left if I took a dollar I'd feel bad. When that ball does get dropped we should pick it up and make amends. So please reach out next trip and ask for me so I may do so.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share,
Dave

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!