“better options close by,,,” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

Save Saved
You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Richmond, Virginia
“better options close by,,,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

we booked on expedia, since this was close to our destination and rated well,
this is an older facility, and apparently under new management, and judging by the other rating posts, being updated,
we stayed one night, in the building next to the office by the pool.
room was a bit musty smelling, but that improved slightly when we turned on the HVAC.
mattresses slept well, but were old, the furniture was worn (top bubbling on a table, some of the other pieces were banged up). bathroom was antiquated, hard to locate light switch, cramped, and the shower was hard to turn the water on, cigarette (in a non smoking room) burn marks on the sink
I noticed the next morning there were dead beetles in the corner of the room, and the door knob was loose, (screws backed out of the unit). several lights where hard to turn on,
staff at check in was very nice, at checkout several staff members were at the desk and it took a minute to get their attention, (and not one of them moved away from desk when I checked out,,)

we will not be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Richard,
Thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share your experience!
I'm disappointed in the outcome of your visit and apologize that I didn't learn of the issues and personally do better by you on your stay. I have relayed the comments regarding your checkout experience to the staff as I think that is my largest disappointment in the review. Perhaps sometimes even we get to relaxed and I appreciate your reminding us of this. Service in conjunction with the value in terms of rate (Being an older country style Inn allows me to pass on considerable savings to our guests and friends) is what we strive to accomplish. But if we fail to provide that family style care at a great rate then I feel folks should indeed head to one of the fancy branded properties and pay an extra 50-100.00 per night where they are nothing but a rewards program number and stat. for some Corpity type company likely based far away vs. family. In your case I think your review is spot on in that we failed you - I hope you will reach out directly next trip our way and let me make amends Sir. Thank you again for sharing......the not so pleasant reviews help in several ways; first reminding us where we should have done better and simultaneously reminding others that despite the shuttle, the breakfast, business center etc. etc we are still a local 2 star simple country Inn from the 50's.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sandwich, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

NEW OWNERS!!!!

We stayed here in early October when a bunch of my family came to the area for my Grandfather's funeral at Arlington. The rooms are a little hodge podge BUT the new owners haven't even owned it a year and are working towards remodeling rooms. The rooms were CLEAN and the staff was so accommodating. The owner was front and center and very nice!! Every time we walked into the main lobby, we were greeted with a warm smile and a hello.

Rooms have fridges and microwaves. They have rooms with one king bed or 2 doubles. We had 4 people in our room with a king bed, 2 adults and 2 kids under three. We had plenty of room for everyone to sleep.

Location and parking are great. It is so easy to get to everything that the area has to offer from this hotel.

We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kate,
Sadly we handled an unusually large number of funerals this October and two were for gentlemen I personally knew. I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to be of service for my fellow veterans Families and really appreciate your taking the time to share here. I also appreciate the very kind words regarding the Inn and the staff. I look forward to your return in the future, you are our extended family as far as were concerned. Thank you for the time taken to share the experience Ma'am.
Nebo, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We only stayed one night, but the experience could not have been better. The king size bed was wonderful, the room was very clean, the staff was very friendly and efficient, and Dave, the owner, could not have been more gracious. Would definitely stay there any time we're in the area. Thank you so much!! John and Suzette

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John and Suzette,
Thank you for staying with us and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience!!!! I'm glad you found us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Regards,
Dave
Belgrade, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I can't say enough about how great the staff was at this hotel. They were very friendly and paid attention to our every need. We even met the owner, who went out of his way to accommodate us. He even invited us to a meal with him at a great restaurant which is on the premises. The location from DC is great and the rooms were great even at the low rate. The next time in DC I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Conrad,
Thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share your experience. I truly wish I could find time to invite every guest to join me for a meal - when here everyone is family to us and it gets challenging when we are as busy as we've become. I sometimes wish the Inn was smaller as I worry often about insuring everyone is treated well and leaves happy, which become difficult on the busier days. Lots of long hours involved in this for my entire team and review like this make it all so worthwhile - Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you next time out!
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. Okay, the hotel is old, however the rooms are good sized and clean. They have a shuttle service to take you to the metro. Dave, the new owner is great! He was on site daily and taking care of any problems that arose. The rest of the staff was also pleasant and helpful. The price is very reasonable. We had breakfast at Bentley's which is on the property. Also, they offer a continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for such a spot on and honest review! My apologies on delayed responses but the number of folks taking the time to comment has simply overwhelmed me and I can't thank each and everyone enough! Each of these reviews truly helps the next guest in determining their destination and hopefully allows those that want a great value in a friendly setting find us with out mistaking us for something other than a 2 star Family Inn From the 50's. Reviews such as these are great assist ........no robes or fancy atriums or waterfalls here, but everything one needs with the family feel you deserve when visiting (And we don't have to charge you extra for an atrium or a cookie to send it back to some franchise headquarters in tim buk to). Thank you So Much for this review!!!!!!!
Stuarts Draft, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

On a recent business trip to Falls Church I had a unpleasant experience at another motel and went looking for another place to stay. By luck I was traveling west on route 50 and the Governors House Inn was on the right so I stopped to inquire. The GHI is locally owned and Dave, the owner, was in the lobby and hearing my story he took me on a tour of the facilities. Upon seeing the rooms I did not have to visit any other motels. I was treated with exceptional service from all of the staff. The room I stayed in was very spacious and clean and the TV/Cable were excellent. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and had an excellent breakfast at Bentley's Restaurant which is a part of the complex. I cannot wait to return and spend more time at the Governor's House Inn. I highly recommend this to anyone who is visiting the area looking for an excellent place to stay without paying the high cost of name brand motels. Thanks Dave and staff for making the remainder of my stay enjoyable.
Harvey

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Harvey,
Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to share!
I'm glad we were able to turn the trip around for you and that you found us....I have to figure a way to get the folks heading East over our way but everyone of these posts helps.
Look forward to seeing you again next trip and again thank you for sharing the experience with others.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the Governor House Inn whilst visiting Washington DC. We found the room clean, spacious and comfortable with everything one would need. There was a shuttle to and from the metro which was great. The thing that made the hotel was its exceptional customer service and the fact that the staff would go out of their way to help you in any way. The one thing that let this hotel down though was the breakfast. It was served in a shabby room and was very minimal. There was nothing healthy on offer and even the yoghurts were brightly coloured and artificial. I would recommend this hotel on its great customer service but if you are after a good breakfast try elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Ellie,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a nice and honest review. I'm always pleased to see the feedback for the team and share each of these with all of them. The breakfast room still pains me also, I'm about four weeks away on the carpeting which is the last step now that vinyl is complete. She has been a tad bit of project restoring her, but the reviews such as these and the folks we meet have made bringing an older country Inn now surrounded by the city so much fun.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing!
Hopefully we'll see you next time your our side of the oceans again!

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!