“Great service and staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

Save Saved
You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Offers & Announcements
Metro Shuttle Stay 3
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Franklin, North Carolina
“Great service and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. Okay, the hotel is old, however the rooms are good sized and clean. They have a shuttle service to take you to the metro. Dave, the new owner is great! He was on site daily and taking care of any problems that arose. The rest of the staff was also pleasant and helpful. The price is very reasonable. We had breakfast at Bentley's which is on the property. Also, they offer a continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for such a spot on and honest review! My apologies on delayed responses but the number of folks taking the time to comment has simply overwhelmed me and I can't thank each and everyone enough! Each of these reviews truly helps the next guest in determining their destination and hopefully allows those that want a great value in a friendly setting find us with out mistaking us for something other than a 2 star Family Inn From the 50's. Reviews such as these are great assist ........no robes or fancy atriums or waterfalls here, but everything one needs with the family feel you deserve when visiting (And we don't have to charge you extra for an atrium or a cookie to send it back to some franchise headquarters in tim buk to). Thank you So Much for this review!!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stuarts Draft, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

On a recent business trip to Falls Church I had a unpleasant experience at another motel and went looking for another place to stay. By luck I was traveling west on route 50 and the Governors House Inn was on the right so I stopped to inquire. The GHI is locally owned and Dave, the owner, was in the lobby and hearing my story he took me on a tour of the facilities. Upon seeing the rooms I did not have to visit any other motels. I was treated with exceptional service from all of the staff. The room I stayed in was very spacious and clean and the TV/Cable were excellent. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and had an excellent breakfast at Bentley's Restaurant which is a part of the complex. I cannot wait to return and spend more time at the Governor's House Inn. I highly recommend this to anyone who is visiting the area looking for an excellent place to stay without paying the high cost of name brand motels. Thanks Dave and staff for making the remainder of my stay enjoyable.
Harvey

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Harvey,
Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to share!
I'm glad we were able to turn the trip around for you and that you found us....I have to figure a way to get the folks heading East over our way but everyone of these posts helps.
Look forward to seeing you again next trip and again thank you for sharing the experience with others.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the Governor House Inn whilst visiting Washington DC. We found the room clean, spacious and comfortable with everything one would need. There was a shuttle to and from the metro which was great. The thing that made the hotel was its exceptional customer service and the fact that the staff would go out of their way to help you in any way. The one thing that let this hotel down though was the breakfast. It was served in a shabby room and was very minimal. There was nothing healthy on offer and even the yoghurts were brightly coloured and artificial. I would recommend this hotel on its great customer service but if you are after a good breakfast try elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Ellie,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a nice and honest review. I'm always pleased to see the feedback for the team and share each of these with all of them. The breakfast room still pains me also, I'm about four weeks away on the carpeting which is the last step now that vinyl is complete. She has been a tad bit of project restoring her, but the reviews such as these and the folks we meet have made bringing an older country Inn now surrounded by the city so much fun.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing!
Hopefully we'll see you next time your our side of the oceans again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We recieved personal attention from the moment we arrived. All our needs were met. It is clear that a lot of attention and effort has gone into making this an inn you would be very glad to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our goal with everyone is not to impress them with fancy exteriors, atriums, and gadgets etc -but to simply make everyone feel like they are guests in our home. With all the team it's constantly "Treat everyone as if they are a distant cousin or Aunt/Uncle and think like its your family visiting". This review makes our day - thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Dave
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Governor House Inn with my sister in June of this year. Due to tour company changing dates of our planned tour we needed to stay an additional night. The Owner Dave Crance could not have been more helpful, he booked the additional night in same room for the same cost of original booking price. Then to our surprise whilst eating in a restaurant next to the hotel he came in unbeknown to us & paid our check. When we asked for the check we were told it was already paid by the hotel owner. We thanked him the following day, he said that as our tour plans had caused us some difficulties he thought it would be a nice surprise. I have travelled extensively & normally when i have had to book an additional night at short notice i have been charged the full rate. So not only did he not take advantage of our situation his generosity lifted our spirits. The room we stayed in was clean & comfortable & was serviced daily. Staff on reception were friendly & helpful each time we had a query regarding access to the internet, places of interest & bus timetables they had if covered. If your seeking a clean comfortable quiet hotel with great customer service & value for money you would do well to give this one ago. if in the future I get back to this area i will definitely be staying at Governor House Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, more importantly I'm glad we were able lift your spirits. I spend a lot of time on restoring the Inn and the back end work of managing an independent, but at least instead of spending my days responding to franchises, brands, banks I get to stroll about and met so many nice people and try to insure they have a great experience. I often go home worried about who I haven't met who is staying with us.

I say it time and again -but for the entire team (and it is my team more than me) these posts make every minute so worth while.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next trip!
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

For the service that Dave and his team provides, I give it 5 stars (or dots). For work I often get to stay in 5-star hotels, but the service there is always mechanical, rehearsed. Sure you get shiny granite countertops and gleaming fixtures in bathrooms, high thread count sheets and feather pillows, even a robe and slippers, but you know someone is paying for those trimmings. Let's get back to basics. It's refreshingly nice to come to a place where you're treated as a guest and not a customer, greeted by locals and not by corporate employees transferred from some place. For the relatively inexpensive price we had a fabulous breakfast (B&B rate) at Bentley's (or maybe that was an upgrade), a clean place to sleep and shower, a fast wi-fi connection, in-room coffee machine, even an ironing board and iron. The thing you can't put a price on is service, from the moment you walk in and how you're greeted, to the time you check out and you somehow feel regret that you're leaving already and wish to stay longer. Make no mistake, this is not a 5 star corporate-run hotel. It's a 2- or 3-star inn that's locally-owned but has 5-star service. A great choice if you're visiting DC for pleasure and you want to spend your money wisely.

Room Tip: Be nice and you'll be treated nicely = best room available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dave C, Inn Keeper - at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
"Make no mistake, this is not a 5 star corporate-run hotel. It's a 2- or 3-star inn that's locally-owned but has 5-star service."

Thank you - these are the most important reviews as they truly define us for others considering joining us!

Thank you also for the kind words and taking the time to share - I look forward to seeing you again soon,
Regards,
Dave
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My sister, myself, niece and nephew stayed here on a trip to DC. The hotel is on the older side, but clean and quaint, and conveniently located to the metro and to restaurants. They have an awesome free breakfast as well! The owners are super nice and very helpful. Oh, and the price is right :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KimmyK,
Thank you for such kind words and taking the time to share -I especially like the phrase "Older side, but clean and quaint" I think it will help others in determining where to stay.
I heard on of our team the other day on the phone explaining that we are more of a Country Inn with a Diner and it hit me how true that is despite Arlington DC and Tysons surrounding us here inside the beltway.
When I have my chance to walk about in the mornings & Evenings meeting folks such as yourself makes my day and reminds me that's what we are. Thank you so much for staying with us and hopefully we'll see you next trip out east!

Dave & Team

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!