“They made us feel right at home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

Save Saved
You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
“They made us feel right at home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We recieved personal attention from the moment we arrived. All our needs were met. It is clear that a lot of attention and effort has gone into making this an inn you would be very glad to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our goal with everyone is not to impress them with fancy exteriors, atriums, and gadgets etc -but to simply make everyone feel like they are guests in our home. With all the team it's constantly "Treat everyone as if they are a distant cousin or Aunt/Uncle and think like its your family visiting". This review makes our day - thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Dave

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Governor House Inn with my sister in June of this year. Due to tour company changing dates of our planned tour we needed to stay an additional night. The Owner Dave Crance could not have been more helpful, he booked the additional night in same room for the same cost of original booking price. Then to our surprise whilst eating in a restaurant next to the hotel he came in unbeknown to us & paid our check. When we asked for the check we were told it was already paid by the hotel owner. We thanked him the following day, he said that as our tour plans had caused us some difficulties he thought it would be a nice surprise. I have travelled extensively & normally when i have had to book an additional night at short notice i have been charged the full rate. So not only did he not take advantage of our situation his generosity lifted our spirits. The room we stayed in was clean & comfortable & was serviced daily. Staff on reception were friendly & helpful each time we had a query regarding access to the internet, places of interest & bus timetables they had if covered. If your seeking a clean comfortable quiet hotel with great customer service & value for money you would do well to give this one ago. if in the future I get back to this area i will definitely be staying at Governor House Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, more importantly I'm glad we were able lift your spirits. I spend a lot of time on restoring the Inn and the back end work of managing an independent, but at least instead of spending my days responding to franchises, brands, banks I get to stroll about and met so many nice people and try to insure they have a great experience. I often go home worried about who I haven't met who is staying with us.

I say it time and again -but for the entire team (and it is my team more than me) these posts make every minute so worth while.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next trip!
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

For the service that Dave and his team provides, I give it 5 stars (or dots). For work I often get to stay in 5-star hotels, but the service there is always mechanical, rehearsed. Sure you get shiny granite countertops and gleaming fixtures in bathrooms, high thread count sheets and feather pillows, even a robe and slippers, but you know someone is paying for those trimmings. Let's get back to basics. It's refreshingly nice to come to a place where you're treated as a guest and not a customer, greeted by locals and not by corporate employees transferred from some place. For the relatively inexpensive price we had a fabulous breakfast (B&B rate) at Bentley's (or maybe that was an upgrade), a clean place to sleep and shower, a fast wi-fi connection, in-room coffee machine, even an ironing board and iron. The thing you can't put a price on is service, from the moment you walk in and how you're greeted, to the time you check out and you somehow feel regret that you're leaving already and wish to stay longer. Make no mistake, this is not a 5 star corporate-run hotel. It's a 2- or 3-star inn that's locally-owned but has 5-star service. A great choice if you're visiting DC for pleasure and you want to spend your money wisely.

Room Tip: Be nice and you'll be treated nicely = best room available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My sister, myself, niece and nephew stayed here on a trip to DC. The hotel is on the older side, but clean and quaint, and conveniently located to the metro and to restaurants. They have an awesome free breakfast as well! The owners are super nice and very helpful. Oh, and the price is right :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
KimmyK,
Thank you for such kind words and taking the time to share -I especially like the phrase "Older side, but clean and quaint" I think it will help others in determining where to stay.
I heard on of our team the other day on the phone explaining that we are more of a Country Inn with a Diner and it hit me how true that is despite Arlington DC and Tysons surrounding us here inside the beltway.
When I have my chance to walk about in the mornings & Evenings meeting folks such as yourself makes my day and reminds me that's what we are. Thank you so much for staying with us and hopefully we'll see you next trip out east!

Dave & Team
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dear Dave and Staff, My husband and I are funeral directors from Ohio and were just recently guests at your lovely renovated Governor's House Inn. Having stayed there often in the past, we were very impressed with the renovations. Most of all, we were extremely grateful to you for accommodating a family of a lady who was to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. About 30 family members stayed there. There was a dinner at Bentley's one evening and it was delightful with Dave, the owner, actually present. One doesn't find this kind of service in a chain of hotels. The family was there on our recommendation so we were very pleased with all the personal service. The shuttle to the metro was very handy and appreciated. Everyone was friendly and kind. We will not hesitate to recommend Governor's House Inn in the future and look forward to seeing you again as we know you will be there a long time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to post - With our location being so close to Arlington by default we receive a number of such events, and quite honestly IT IS AN HONOR to be able to serve our families at times such as this. As a Combat Vet myself, It helps personally quite a bit to be able to help the families of my extended family and again it was truly an honor meeting your entire group -so please we got the Army Flag worked onto the cake!

Regards,
Dave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were visting DC for a week and stayed in Falls Church because we stayed in Falls Church about 10 years ago on a trip to DC and it worked great for being close to the Metro. I picked this place due to the excellent reviews and the price. When we first entered our room, however, it smelled kind of musty. My wife took a look at another room to see if it was any better, but it was not. I ended up picking up an air freshner for $3 which did wonders. The next issue we had was that our tub would drain very slowly. It took three trips to the front desk to finally get someone to fix it. But once it was fixed, it worked just fine. The continental breakfest was minimal, but edible. But not everything was bad. The beds were comfortable, and the pool was clean. They put us in a room pool side since we had kids. which was really nice. The room also had a fridge was came in very handy. Most of the stars go to the owner. We talked with him and found out he just got the hotel back in April. He is doing his best to upgrade the rooms. He is very friendly and will do anything to make sure your stay is the best it can be. We were looking at going to a different hotel, but due to the owner, we decided to stay.

Room Tip: The room was stayed in (poolside) seems to have been updated compared to the rooms in the back of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give such an honest review of the Inn, She has been a lot of work but we are really enjoying the folks that are coming our way. The detailed reviews really help paint a great picture for others and help in their decision. At the end of the day we may have a fixer-upper but she is coming along nicely and as you mentioned were going to do whatever it takes to insure our guests leave happy.

When your here your family to us, thank you for sharing and look forward to seeing you again!
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We came to Virginia from Massachusetts to do some "College touring" for my son. We also wanted to see D.C. , as we have never been. I was a little skeptical about staying so close out of the city but once we were all checked in and settled, we were so pleasantly surprised. Dave, the owner was so nice and professional. We were literally 10 minutes out of the city - they have a shuttle service at the hotel that brings you to the Metro - which by the way, is very easy to use. The free breakfast was good, however, they restaurant right next door to the hotel ( Dave owns that too, was delicious as well - went there one morning. ) The pool was great - the kids LOVED that. I highly recommend this hotel - you will be very pleased - Thanks Dave ! From Steve/ Cape Cod ! (and family)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Steve and Family,
THANK YOU for staying with us and for the great review, sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share and hopefully if he chooses the area for college we'll be seeing more of you in the future - when our way please give a call and ask for me in advance!

Dave & Team

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!