“Great Place to Stay Near DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Governor House Inn

Save Saved
You added Governor House Inn to your Saves list
Governor House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 (Formerly Quality Inn Governor)   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Butler, Tennessee
“Great Place to Stay Near DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My sisters and I take a sister trip each year. This year we decided to travel to Washington DC to see the site of our Nation's Capitol. So glad we stayed at this Hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the hotel owner and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel location was perfect for my sister and I to enjoy the sites of the capitol and relax after a long day of site-seeing. In addition, the pool was an awesome place to cool off, laugh and enjoy the company of sisters. Dave and his staff added to our perfect family vacation, sharing ideas about the area (places to shop, eat, and things to see and do). My sisters and I plan to return to the DC area when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom. We will definitely be staying at the Governor's House Inn when we return with our families. Thank you Dave for all you did to help make our trip special. I will recommend your hotel. See you in the Spring!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Daphne,
It was an extreme delight meeting you and your sisters! I truly enjoyed your taking the time to speak with me during my morning property rounds and finding guests utilizing the benches. I really wanted to feel like it was our front porch by adding those and meeting ya'll made my morning.

Thank you so much for also taking the time to review here -it means a lot to the staff and I to see the responses here, it makes the long days worth every minute!

We look forward to seeing your family again in the spring - or sooner if you get the chance.

Thank you!

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The owner, Dave and staff were excellent and very helpful. It made our vacation so much better because we stayed there. Booked one night but liked it so much we extended our stay for three more nights. Dave even told us other things to do and see on the way to our next destination. Everyone was so nice and attentive to our every need. We were treated like we were the most important people at the inn and their goal was for us to have a great time and they made it happen. I have never stayed anywhere where we were treated that way before.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wow, thank you so much for allowing us to be of service during your trip and such a nice review for the team and I. We try so hard to make sure each guests feels this way, and dread missing someone these days with the sudden popularity of our Inn.

This review means a lot - to all of us, so glad we were able to make your trip out a success.

Dave & Team
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Guest friendly, budget friendly inn in Northern Virginia. Manager, Dave, goes out of his way to be personally helpful with his guests. Convenient location with East Falls Church metro station about 2 miles away. Maybe in the future, some sort of shuttle service to and fro from the station would surely boost this Inn's demand. Wouldn't mind paying a small fee for that so long as below a cab fare.
Would stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a perfect description of our Inn that will help others in making a booking decision : "Guest friendly, budget friendly inn in Northern Virginia"

More importantly, Thank you for staying with us and especially taking the time to share your experience! I hope to see you again next trip down and having taken yours and many others advice we have launched limited shuttle service to the metro station in the mornings and evenings.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I wish to affirm all of the great ratings. This is an outstanding budget friendly inn. All of the staff are most concerned that guests have a good stay and go well beyond what anyone would expect. Dave, the manager, sets the pace and he is incredible. I have travelled many places across the world over the years and no one has been more concerned about our travelling welfare than he. He took us to the Metro and picked us up and gave us great help in planning our travel itinerary in Washington, DC. THe hotel is being modernized under his leadership and is most pleasant. The restaurant on site, Bentley's, has great food and service. We really had a wonderful stay. Thanks to all of the Governor House Inn staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
GH,
Thank you for taking the time to share and reaffirm the earlier posts! Also thank you for allowing us to host you on your recent trip and with the shuttle service being relatively new providing us with a live fire training opportunity!

We sincerely appreciate the kind words from so many recently and hopefully will see you again in the near future!

Dave & Team
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the best INN in Northern Virginia. Dave is the best host and makes you feel like a family member instead of a guest. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. For added safety there is a lifeguard on duty at the pool, something you don't find at many hotels . Rooms were comfy with microwave, refrigerator and large tv. Next door is Bently's restaurant with great food and friendly staff. The Inn and restaurant are owned by the same Inn keeper and makes everyone feel at home. Bently's has that northern Virginia decor and makes you feel very comfortable while eating breakfast ; which is great. Overall loved my experience here. Good job Dave!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post and share your experiences!
We especially appreciate your referring to us as not just an Inn but the Best Inn!
We are striving to reestablish the Local Inn concept here in side the Beltway and comments such as yours go along way in assisting us, we only have our guests to support us not some corporate office faraway in some other city or country marketing the property.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share -

Regards,
Dave
Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have never written a review of a hotel/ motel/ inn before but felt especially compelled to do so after our stay at the Governor House Inn. The owner/ manager Dave was like no other, almost making us feel as though we were the only people staying at the hotel (which we weren't). From the minute we checked in, he went above and beyond what I would expect from any owner. I traveled with my parents (senior citizens) and my kids and he made sure to address even the smallest issues with my parents and helped everything on the DC portion of our vacation click. He helped map out our itinerary, drove us to the metro in the morning AND gave us his cell in order to pick us up if necessary. We actually did call him as we had a hard time finding a taxi and he was there to pick us up within minutes....again- he went way above and beyond. I was absolutely blown away by his dedication and professionalism. It is obvious that he puts 110% effort into this property and the staff reflects that as well. I was very, very impressed and felt strongly that this property receive the review it deserved based on our experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post and share such nice compliments!!!!
The entire team trys their best - were tweaking the shuttle service now and it was an excellent opportunity with several guests to utilize it last week. (thanks to all our live training aids!)

I can't say enough in the way of thanks to you and all our guests posting reviews through out the web! Everyone has been so kind and appreciative of our efforts and that means so much.
I almost worry with the rankings that folks will loose sight of the fact that we are and remain a little owner operator Inn.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next trip!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for a reasonable price. New owner, Dave , is making many upgrades, including new tvs, refrigerators and microwaves in rooms and a small business center off the lobby. Staff is always pleasant and helpful and I feel welcome every time I stay. Even though I live in the area, when I want to take a break and watch cable, I check in here for a fe days to relax. It's convenient to attractions in DC and for those who stiil smoke, the bonus is, they still have smoking rooms available. There's a good restaurant next door but there is lso free breakfast every day and free wifi. AAA discount and an outdoor pool (open in season) make this all a great deal. Highly recommend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Caroline,
Thank you for taking the time to share. We sincerely appreciate it along with your giving us the opportunity to enjoy your company on a regular basis it sounds!

We are excited about the TV's and Refrigerators along with the other improvements - I haven't mentioned them in marketing yet as were installing a building a quarter - but think I'll have to maybe set up different room types with so many mentioning the changes.

It is sincerely good to have people like you and the others stay with us and take the time to notice and compliment on all our efforts!
Thank you so much!

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!