“3 nights stay with family” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Cologne, Germany
“3 nights stay with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is a bit old fashioned but very tidy and nice.

The service at the reception is outstanding helpful and friendly.

We were lucky to stay on the second floor, which is quiet (although the walls are not very much accustically insulated).

From there we were quickly in Washington by car, which was no problem on a Saturday morning.

Good value for money although the breakfast was very poor...

We would stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are the quiet ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Falls Church, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a nice hotel, a little tired but not too bad. Excellent, very helpful staff on reception and in the dining room. The bedroom needed a little work but this did not spoil our stay. A little far from the metro, we'd have preferred to be closer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tarragona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The second day, when we were back, surprisingly, the room was not tidy. The housekeeping did not show up there. We said to reception desk but they do not apologize very much.

I am aware that the price was economical but also the breakfast was limitated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and I have been very pleased each time. The hotel is clean as is the rooms, the staff is always nice and accommodating. It really isn't a far drive to all the attractions. I'll stay there again!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been staying at Best Western Hotels for YEARS. In fact, we are "Gold Elite Members. This means we stay at least 10 nights/year at a Best Western Hotel.
June of this year, we traveled to Washington D.C. and stayed at the Falls Church Inn.
We were VERY disappointed in our stay.
First of all, we arrived too early to check in so we left our bags at the front desk and headed on out to start our touring. Upon arrival back at the hotel, our bag WERE STILL AT THE FRONT DESK. This may seem trivial but, they should have been placed in our room for us once it was ready. I use a walking stick to assist in getting around and this would have been a TREMENDOUS help.
Next, when we walked into our room, it was obvious that it had been a smoking room at one time. This is very offensive to those of us who are not and have never been smokers. Paint....pull up the carpets...do what you need to do!!
Third...my wife and I were staying for a total of 4 days...there were 6 hangers in the room. I feel like this hotel needs to learn to anticipate what the guest will want...be one step ahead of them. Don't make us ask for everything we need. So, I called the front desk and asked for more hangers.
The last thing is the "free" breakfast. We were offered make your own waffles, yogurt that was clearly for kids...full of sugar and biscuits and gravy....there was nothing healthy. Not all of us can eat waffles or sugar laced items. It would have been nice to have some fruit available....oatmeal with all the fixings or scrambled eggs.
Our entire experience was a disappointment. We love Best Western which is why we're posting this. We felt this property wasn't up to the Best Western standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone! The staff were very professional. efficient and SO helpful. Housekeeping was excellent. When asking for directions and ideas on what to see and how to get there, the staff were extremely helpful. The free breakfast was enjoyed by all five of us each and every morning. It was not just a muffins and coffee breakfast either. It included; waffle maker, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereals/hot cereal, fruits, yogurt, muffins, donuts, orange and apple juice, as well as coffee and tea. Before we even arrived in Falls Church I had to make several phone calls to the hotel making inquiries and the lady that works the Monday-Friday day shift is AWESOME!! So awesome that I brought her a gift upon our arrival. The overall experience of this hotel was AWESOME!! Our entire family enjoyed the time spent there. We had other family members book their stay there the same week we were there, that is how much we liked this hotel. It is close enough to Washington, but far enough away to enjoy some quiet time around the pool.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the second floor room that we had as it had been newly renovated and the vaulted ceiling...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Jefferson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I haven't stayed in the DC area for almost a year and this hotel owed me a courtesy nights stay. I made my reservation at least two months earlier and when I walked into the lobby Tara called me by my name and welcomed me to their hotel and stated that she hoped I enjoyed my " courtesy" stay. She was very friendly, courteous and professional...what a delight. In fact everyone at the hotel delivered great service. There is a Tex-Mex restaurant on site.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator in your room ask for it because the hotel will accommodate you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn? Share your experiences!