“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a few nights while visiting DC. I was very impressed, especially with the level of service you get here, in a day and age when customer service is all but forgotten, they go out of their way to help you and make you feel comfortable.. YAY!!! The room was clean and the breakfast was decent. The location is great, close to DC and the surrounding area has a lot to offer. I will most definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

OMG! Where do I start?

Over night guests may be alright, however, if multiple nights is your plan please think again.

No microwave. No refrigerator. Terrible, unless you plan on eating out every meal, and don't need to cool any drinks.

Rooms...generally very dirty. Deep cleaning seems to be forgotten. In the corner was what appeared to be dried pet vomit. Ugh!

I spilled a glad of water, put a towel on the water to sop up the water up. The towel came up BLACK.

The free breakfast is a joke! The only fruit offered was dried old oranges and soft apples. Drab selection of pastry. The waffles were also questionable. The older gentleman handling the breakfast service explained they were out of waffle spray to prevent sticking. Instead, he offered a VIP of oil to brush the iron with...ugh! So what I ended up with was a very greasy, underdone and soggy waffle. Nasty!

The eggs looked powered, the sausages...dry! My wife and I are vegetarian, and sway towards vegan, so neither were very important...however, finding fruit available is high priority.

Walking in front of the buffet area was gross! Sticky from one end to the other. The service guy seemed more interested staring out the window, watching the rain.

On a positive note, the room was non-smoking, the bed was clean comfortable and free from bed bugs.

We wouldn't stay here again on a bet. Seven miles further out, is another Best Western that n has a refrigerator and microwave... Heading out!

• Stayed July 2012
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have never felt compelled to write a review before, but after my stay here, I must! The staff here are incredibly friendly and genuinely helpful and caring -- I really don't think I've seen this level of care at any other place I've stayed! A special thanks to Mike and Gia!!

The room was nice (great pillows!) and clean and comfortable. Location is very convenient to stores, restaurants, etc. Add to this a nice pool and free! parking,

Highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michigan Center, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

As a middle-grade hotel, this offered exceptional value for the DC area. The surrounding Falls Church area felt clean and safe, with a handful of shops / restaurants within a block of hotel, and Safeway / Target / big shopping area about a mile east. Our spic-and-span rooms opened to both an inside hallway and the barefoot-grass courtyard which surrounded a lifeguard-attended (!) pool area. Breakfast counter offered a good variety of hot & cold foods, including waffle maker. BEST SHOWER EVER! Staff was VERY helpful and friendly, even though we checked in when they were obviously quite busy with a wedding reception. (This is the first hotel we've ever stayed in that accommodated our advance request for adjoining rooms without saying "we can't make any guarantees …") We had a little mixup with housekeeping replenishing extra towels the first couple of days. But after a staff member approached us to ask how our stay was going, we mentioned this minor problem and afterwards had towels aplenty. The only drawback we could find was that the exterior doors of the hotel weren't locked. But since the area didn't feel unsafe, we didn't feel it was a paticular problem. We definitely enjoyed our six-day stay, and enthusiastically recommend this Best Western. (NOTE: Since we weren't using the Metro, we don't know how convenient this location is for Metro travelers.)

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room if you plan to do much swimming.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here on June 26 and 27 of this year. The rooms are a bit small and I made a mistake of confirming a 2 double beds instead of 2 Queen size which is what I normally get for my family. Breakfast is ok. Eggs and sausages, waffles, cereals, toast, coffee, juice. I paid $125 per night which is a bit high for my budget but a steal since I can't find anything lower than $250 in Washington with no breakfast and no parking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Overton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel was a good standard BW, with friendly staff. Stayed here to check it out as a start point for our motorcycle rentals out of Falls Church/Washington DC. What made our 1 night stay was the excellent Vietnamese restaurant across the street and the fabulous JVs bar - what better way to start your holiday than a bluegrass jam in a neat bar.

Room Tip: All seemed good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

generally the attitude I got was one of really taking care of me and group. Many requests looked after, the rooms have been renovated since I last stayed here and overall the most pleasant stay of 3 I've had.
However two issues, one that when my toilet started leaking and not working there was no-one on the weekend to fix it, and I did not have time to move rooms.
Secondly when the whole area had a power outage the night person was woefully under-equipped to deal with this, we had to use our cell phones to pack and move around and basically he slept through the whole process, couldn't help anyone who got locked out of their room. So not the place to stay in an emergency!

Room Tip: no elevators so don't take 2nd floor room if you cannot handle stairs
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn? Share your experiences!