“Budget Inn Falls Church is dirty, Avoid at all costs!” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Falls Church
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7155 Lee Highway, Falls Church, VA 22046   |
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Mundelein,IL
“Budget Inn Falls Church is dirty, Avoid at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

My husband and I booked this hotel for the week of April 10th thru the 15th 2007. $85.00 a night for a double full size room. First of all the room had no smoke detector in it. The wires for the detector were hanging out of the wall. We reported this problem to the girl in the office and asked if we could get a smoke detector in our room. The reply was," why do you need a smoke detector in your room if you are in a non smoking room?" We did report this problem to the Falls Church Fire Marshall. After no response from management about the detector, my husband and I went to Home Depot and bought our own smoke detector. The next issue was the dead cock roach that someone before us had smashed on the wall. The weather stripping on the bottom of our entrance door was partially torn away leaving a large open area where you could see through to the outside. The bathroom toilet had a 1950's pink tank and a sea foam green toilet, the seat cover was cracked and nasty. There was no keenex in the room, I had called the front desk and asked if we could get a box of kleenex, the girl at the desk seriously didn't know what keenex was. I had to explain to her in my total dis-belief what kleenex was! UNBELIEVABLE!!. By the way they do not supply kleenex in the room. I guess, bring your own or use toilet paper! The floor in our room sagged inward, the doors and walls in our room had bad plaster patches to cover up holes. My husband and I had spent two hours trying to find another hotel in the area,everything was booked.We had no choice but to stay in this hotel for the night. As far as I know the beds were clean, but who knows? At this point we had just traveled 750 miles and this was our only choice in town. In the morning we did call Hotels.com and reported the problems with this Budget Inn, Falls Church VA. They were very accommodating in canceling the remainder of our stay and refunded our money back. We paid for only the one night we stayed there. Avoid this place at all costs. terrible front desk service,with dirty rooms to boot!

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
hampton roads, va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

Booked online after searching for inexpensive hotel while attending seminar at nearby hotel. We had a lot of difficulty finding the hotel, but the hotel mgr./owner? was very helpful, guiding us in on the cell phone. When I tried to check in, the man at the desk couldnt find my reservation. I luckily had printed my confirmation. The room key I was given opened a door to a room with a woman in the bed. I went back to front desk and was given the only other non smoking room which was right next to the office. The next night we stayed at the DoubleTree which was 10 minutes away, spotless, newly renovated and the exact same price. Oh, my mom has a rash on her legs that she thinks came from either bed bugs or the bed sheets.

Stayed February 2007
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
#8 of 17 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 170 reviews

Been to Budget Inn Falls Church? Share your experiences!