“Good spot to call home base for DC touring” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good spot to call home base for DC touring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

As others have said, this is a great place to use as a home base for touring DC, particularly if you are on a budget. The rates were reasonable for Northern Va., and it was a nice bonus to have free parking (that's not easy to find). The hotel is just across the street from the Dunn Loring Metro stop. Unfortunately for us, that stop was closed the day we were there, but the hotel staff was very helpful is telling us how to use the shuttle bus system to get to the first Metro stop that was open at that time. Our room was fine and the beds were very comfortable. I'll never quite figure out why the Marriott chain decided to not include a free breakfast at the Courtyard units, but other than that, this place was great. I'm sure we just caught the Metro at a bad time, so as long as the Dunn Loring stop is open, you can get to almost anywhere you want to go from here and then come back to a comfortable and quiet room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bluff City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here due to the location to the metro. We did not want to have to drive into DC while we were there. With the hotel being across the street from the metro we were at the perfect staging location.

We had rooms on the 6th foor. Very comfy beds. There was only a slight amount of outside noise that carried into the room. Nice flatscreen tv in the room. The bathroom was clean and spacious.

The front desk was very helpful in finding local resturants we could try that were close to the hotel.

We will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just finished a week long trip to the DC area. Though I now live in NYC (used to be a few minutes from this hotel), I'm down in the area regularly. Sometimes, when the rate is right, I'd rather stay at a hotel than my parents house or a friend's house.

This weekend was my third stay at this hotel - it's a great property, just steps to the Metro, minutes to Tyson's Corner,right near 495 & 66 - so a perfect location.

Great staff, never have an issue when I stay here. Housekeeping always keeps the rooms spotless and it's a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Winchester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We wanted somewhere to stay where we didn't have to drive to get into dc. Less than a block to walk to the Metro, good area, didn't feel worried about safety even walking home at midnight. Very nice hotel, no complaints!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to tour DC over the weekend, as the hotel is next to the metro station. We had a room on the second floor and had no problems. The bed was very comfortable, there was a large flatscreen tv in the room, bathroom was nice, etc. My only complaint is that there was no hair dryer in the room.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My mother and I stayed here to visit DC. Only a few minutes walk to the metro station, it was very convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful. We booked a room with 2 double beds and they gave my mom and I a HUGE room. It was clean and comfortable. I slept very well. There was significant clothing and luggage storage.

The main communal and eating space was interesting and comfortable. The food pricing at the cafe was actually not bad and comparable to a sandwich plate I could get in NH.

The local area seemed clean and safe, with a lot of upscale new commercial and condo construction around. Didn't mind walking alone within a block of the hotel at night, around where the local dog park is.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to visit DC, without paying the city hotel and food prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guttenberg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For my recent trip to DC with my girlfriend, we booked a room at this hotel based on its location relative to the DC Metro Rail. We were in a room with a King size bed, non-smoking on the 3rd Floor.

The hotel is walking distance from the Dunn Loring Metro Station. Nice amenities - Fridge in room, flat screen tv, desk, sofa. Indoor pool on site.

My only complaint from our stay came from the room next door to us. I guess the walls are thin between rooms, because the people in the room next to us had a crying baby, and it woke us up long before we intended to get out of bed. I could even hear them next door when they were talking at a normal volume.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring Fairfax? Share your experiences!